The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Came for the bad endings, stayed for the good stuff.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :rainbowwave It is a very pleasant surprise to see you joining our little corner of the Internet.  :)littlefoot Please feel cordially invited to participate in any topic or discussion that strikes your interest.  It looks like I will soon have two new chapters of your story to catch up on.  :chompysmile

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome to the forum. always happy to see a new member
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
So many new members in so little time  :PCera anyway, welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!  :rainbowwave
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

ChocoDrake

• Chomper
    • View Profile
A New Mu-u-ud Brother?

Hello there, and welcome to the Gang of Five! Yeah, many people here joined cause of the fanfics. Not surprising really. :p

I’m probably one of the only people joining not because of that. :lol

But anyway, I hope you enjoy hanging out in our Great Valley with many new friends to make and a bunch of content to discover! :smile

I’m curious. When did you first discover LBT? And do you have a favorite sequel?
@ImpracticalDino

Greetings Dino!

I'm glad to be here.  :chompysmile

I watched it as a kid 'cause I was one of those dinosaur kids, still am as you can plainly see. :p Not sure when my parents got the movies or if they bought them or they got passed on to them, I have the old vhs tapes of all the sequels.

I remember 5 and 10 being my favorites. I've rewatched 10 recently, skipping some parts here and there, and I still really like it. I haven't watched 5 in years but I remember it fondly and I'm sure I would love it again.
"I would not mess with Littlefoot's Mother, man. She'll Suplex you."

Do you want a retelling of LBT from Littlefoot's mother's point of view? Then I have the story for you.

Vale Guardian

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Hey Choco, welcome to the Gang! :Mo

I'm gonna be honest, I've always been kind of surprised how many tragic endings show up in the realm of LBT fanfics. @OwlsCantRead I'm kinda not sure what you mean by "blame the source material," either. The first movie is the only one that gets very dark, and it still has a happy ending. :thinking Oh, well, in any case, I guess this makes me a rare LBT writer who actually tends to write *gasp* happy endings! Sorry to let you guys down... :lol

Well, anyway, hope you make yourself at home here! We've only got a handful of writers, so a new wordsmith is always good!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm gonna be honest, I've always been kind of surprised how many tragic endings show up in the realm of LBT fanfics. @OwlsCantRead I'm kinda not sure what you mean by "blame the source material," either. The first movie is the only one that gets very dark, and it still has a happy ending. :thinking
I should elaborate, oops. That is actually why. It is actually the disparity of the sequels being softer and not as harsh as the original that causes authors to recently start exploring the darker parts of the franchise, by using the lore and world-building of the sequels and combining it with the tone of the first film (and then some).

Now I admit, this was a shift that was perpetuated by Rhombus' The Seven Hunters, a fic which got many of us into the fandom, or ended up inspiring others who wrote stories which in a cyclical cycle of inspiration, starting the current generation of authors. Now I'm not saying he was responsible, but he was a catalyst to the current tone, direction, and focus of many of us. That's why many of us focus less on slice-of-life and more on character-driven, often somber stories.

Oh, well, in any case, I guess this makes me a rare LBT writer who actually tends to write *gasp* happy endings! Sorry to let you guys down... :lol
That said... most of us still like and prefer happy (or at least bittersweet) endings, me included. While there are a lot of darker, angsty, and somber stories, there aren't actually a lot of fics that flat-out end in tragedy. :p As much as we write things being depressing, they tend to end on a sweeter note. Those that do (the 'kill the gang' stories, gotta have at least one) tend to stick out as a result, haha.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Oh, I see where you were coming from now @OwlsCantRead Thanks for that further explanation. :)littlefoot