The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I found the voice cast on wiki

Guest · 23 · 4509

arboldin

Cody Arens - Littlefoot
Anndi McAfee - Cera
Aria Noelle Curzon - Ducky
Jeff Bennett - Petrie
Rob Paulsen - Spike
Max Burkholder - Chomper
Peter Sepenuk - Redclaw, Screech
Meghan Strange - Ruby

The Land Before Time is an animated television series, loosely based on characters from The Land Before Time film series drawn and written by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss. It was reportedly in development by Universal Animation Studios, and is scheduled to be premiered on Nick Jr. in 2007.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting!
The Land Before Time is an animated television series, loosely based on characters from The Land Before Time film series drawn and written by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss.
I wonder just what they mean by "loosely based on"... :unsure:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
I never beleave whats on Wiki. most of its never cannon.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder just what they mean by "loosely based on"...
It is "loosely bases" on lbt and it is on Nick Jr?  If this is true (hopefully not) Then... No!  They wouldn't!  They can't!  What if... Educational Television!!  Noooooooo! :cry2  :cry2  :cry2

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What if... Educational Television!! Noooooooo!   
That would be...rather disappointing.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
as I said Wikipedia mostly isn't verry reliable on its authintisity. so I shouldn't worry that much about it. however if it is true then you might want to put on a shirt that says "The End Of The World Is Coming Couse Wiki was Right"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Of course we have had false rumors from Wikipedia before (e.g. that Dakota Fannings was going to replace Aria; a claim that lacked any basis). Nonetheless a series "loosly based" on LBT would probably make things a lot easier for the story writers. I'm afraid that the least we have to expect will be lack of explanations (e.g. how did Chomper get of the island). I certainly hope that the series will not be flooded with the elements that don't fit into LBT in my opinion, but are included by many fanfiction writers. I suppose that others would welcome such elements in LBT, but for me it might really... anyway.
I sent a mail to Aria asking about whether she may tell us anything about it (about any significant changes in the setting of the series or the like). I shall let you know if there is any information that may be published.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i thought the show would be on cartoon network.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That's what I keep hearing, that it will air on Cartoon Network.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
All information up to this point has been consistant in saying that its going to be on Cartoon Network, as far as I've heard.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
From what I've know it is Cartoon Network that is for sure. and I would only believe what Aria or her mother would say then a website, even though I know things that others don't at the moment since they asked me to keep quiet about it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You must take just about everything on WIki with a grain of salt...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 26 2006 on  04:57 AM
I certainly hope that the series will not be flooded with the elements that don't fit into LBT in my opinion, but are included by many fanfiction writers.
Like aliens, duels with stalagtites, time travelers, and crossovers with other franchises? That might happen occasionally, but I cannot see the people brainstorming ideas for episodes going, "Oh yeah, let's have a horde of ninjas flipping out in the Great Valley, along with a cameo featuring Capt. Jack Sparrow!"

BTW, I've always felt confused about what you mean by "non-LBT elements". Do you mean things that haven't appeared in the series before? That would mean an opposition to the introduction new species of animals, new environmental hazards, or new morals. Or do you mean things that don't make sense in a prehistoric setting? Of course, the "prehistory" of LBT involves an amalgration of flora and fauna separated by time (often millions of years) and space (often thousands of miles) coexisting in the same ecosystem, so the series doesn't seem to care about what would happen in a real Mesozoic setting when it comes to developing story ideas.

Personally, I have no problem with stuff like aliens, time travelers, sorcerers, lizardfolk, or other unusual things appearing in the series. For me, LBT is a fantasy world, so I don't have strict rules on what can and what cannot appear.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If by "non-LBT elements" I meant everything that has not been in the movies so far, I would make it impossible to tell anything new. Of course there must be new ideas, new elements, new characters and so on. If there weren't any there would be no new story at all.
However, I do have a problem with science fiction stuff, aliens from outer space, humans, excessive and pointless violence and the like being attached to a world that simply doesn't fit to all these things.
Some people argue that putting all these into land before time is a sign of creativity. In my opinion it shows a deplorable lack of fantasy and an equally deplorably lust for blood and gore if these people put in all this claiming that they are unable to write anything within the boundaries that the LBT movies set. There are many stories left to be told within what the original movies and the sequels "allowed".
As for violence, LBT is certainly not without violence. However violence in LBT is usually caused by natures law of eating and being eaten. In many of the stories I've read there is violence just for the sake of violence and what I consider a strange need of the authors to satisfy their desire for guts and gore.
This later kind of "fanficition" is really a kind of tasteless profany in my opinion that has nothing at all to do with creative freedom.

PS: This is going off topic. There is another thread about this issue.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 9 2006 on  09:00 AM
If by "non-LBT elements" I meant everything that has not been in the movies so far, I would make it impossible to tell anything new. Of course there must be new ideas, new elements, new characters and so on. If there weren't any there would be no new story at all.
However, I do have a problem with science fiction stuff, aliens from outer space, humans, excessive and pointless violence and the like being attached to a world that simply doesn't fit to all these things.
Some people argue that putting all these into land before time is a sign of creativity. In my opinion it shows a deplorable lack of fantasy and an equally deplorably lust for blood and gore if these people put in all this claiming that they are unable to write anything within the boundaries that the LBT movies set. There are many stories left to be told within what the original movies and the sequels "allowed".
As for violence, LBT is certainly not without violence. However violence in LBT is usually caused by natures law of eating and being eaten. In many of the stories I've read there is violence just for the sake of violence and what I consider a strange need of the authors to satisfy their desire for guts and gore.

Hmmmm how come I have the feeling that your thinking of me when you wrote this.

I too beleave rules and boundrys where made for these movies.
but they they only apply to the story and movie makers of the franchise not us. the writers of these Fanfictions are just writing what they dream't or fantisized of.

although the blood, guts, and senceless violence is hard for even me to stomake. though I do write storys about it in my storys, I just don't go as far as that. so I do agree that some things don't belong in LBT. I just can't agree that they don't belong in a LBT fanfiction. and if this stuff ever does make its way to the movies its what the makers of the franchize want.

don't think I'm bashing your thoughts or ideas or nothin cause I ain't. I just have a diffrent point of vew on the matter.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I really wasn't thinking of you or any other person in particular. A majority of writers will include at least some of the elements which I have named above. Nobody needs to feel personally attacked.
The number of people who don't include any of the elements I named is really tiny.
I don't feel you are bashing my thoughts and you have every right to have a different opinion than I. Trying to read our posts objectively I think that you and other writers of fanfictions which I think include non-LBT elements would have a better right to feel attacked by my choice of words. I admit that I'm not choosing a very diplomatic tone on this issue.
On the other hand I would be dishonest if I didn't express my opinion on these elements in LBT fanfictions in the plainest terms possible. I guess I might be less direct if I didn't feel like a member of a species dying out, as there is hardly a single fanfiction writer who will abstain from using non-LBT elements. I admit that it makes me wonder if my view of LBT is so extremely different from everybody elses.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I do agree with you of stories with just senseless violence, but I think as long as you find away to make the story work it should be okay. My story A Time Before Twilight is a crossover between Kingdom Hearts 2, but I try to keep the boundaries if the world in order, for example Sora, Donald, and Goofy turn into dinosaurs.

I respect your opinion greatly, and it should not go unnoticed. But I'm a bit confused at how they could change the elements in the T.V. show. I'm sure there will be singing. (Which I don't happen to like that much, save If We Hold Together)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not fond of the singing parts myself either. I liked it for a while, but starting around the 6th movie I started getting tired of it.