The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Season 2

Jasper · 217 · 27215

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I don't know if their is a topic for this, but does everyone thinktheir will be a season two for the Land Before Time?   P.s. feel free to talk about what else should be in season two and what story lines should be in it.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I'm not sure, but I do hope that there is a season 2 for the TV series...that would be great! But they need to go into detail as well....

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I also hope there will be a Season 2, the first season was OK in my opinion, and i sure do look forward to seeing another Season in the future. :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure there are many here who await news if there will be a season 2, but I"ve no idea when we may hear such news one way or the other.  I'd find it hard to decide between a season 2 or more movies.  One is more episodes so is overall longer, but a movie is a longer story and may be high quality.    Both would be best, with different teams working on each, not counting the voice actors.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
sounds cool! :yes i hope then you'll see the childhood memories of the parents or something

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be interesting.  We've seen bits of Grandpa Longneck's past in The Legend of the Story Speaker.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
That would be an interesting episode... the parent's stories... how things came to be for each of them... we could see Littlefoot's grandparents raising their daughter (Littlefoot's mother), we could see Petrie's mother and Pterano when they were young, and we might be able to see what happened to Topsy and his first wife (I guess she is dead.)

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'd really like to see Pterano's past or even a return to the Valley. I hope there is a second season!!!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At least until it is confirmed there will be a season 2, I think it would be entertaining if we think of ides for possible episodes.

Here's one idea I recently came up with. Cera decides to play a joke on Petrie by telling him that the sky is going to fall (who could forget that classic childhood joke). When Petrie tells Chomper, Ducky, and Spike about it, all four of them believe it, so they decide to seek shelter.

I find this idea quite amusing.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If Pterano were to return the kids would have to be in their early teens, an unlikely thing based on the 13 movies with them not aging.  Though it would be interesting to see if he had learned and would be good, or he had had fallen back into his old ways of thinking.

As for seeing littlefoot's mother when she was younger there is a brief scene during Grandpa Longneck singing remembering where a young longneck slides down a grown one into some water.  The resolution is to low so I can't tell if one of the adults or both are littlefoot's grandparents with their daughter or not, but it is possible.

Though it would be interesting to see some of the parents of the kids when they were young.  We've seen a very brief glimpse of Mr. Thicknose as a kid in the 8th movie.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: pteranofan,Apr 14 2008 on  03:13 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to see Pterano's past or even a return to the Valley. I hope there is a second season!!!
You have no idea how much I agree with you :D

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
I really sure hope that a season 2 will be made.

Since i do wonder maybe a bit of revealling about Cera's family line, since of the dinah and dana thing.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tropicalia,Apr 14 2008 on  06:41 PM
I really sure hope that a season 2 will be made.

Since i do wonder maybe a bit of revealling about Cera's family line, since of the dinah and dana thing.
Yeah, I would like to find out more about Cera's missing relatives.  Her mother and sisters most likely died, so this would make room for a more bittersweet ep.  They should even have a scene where Littlefoot and Cera talk to each other(and perhaps sing) about their late mothers.  I'm certain this is one more reason those two seem to be closer to each other than to any of the others :yes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that the coming up of Tria probably killed Cera's mother (figuratively speaking) as I don't expect they would come up with a children story which has Cera's mother arrive in the Great Valley to find Tops and Tria. But I agree that it would have been really interesting and sensible if they had come up with some explanation about her before they let Tria enter the scene.
If Pterano were to return the kids would have to be in their early teens, an unlikely thing based on the 13 movies with them not aging. Though it would be interesting to see if he had learned and would be good, or he had had fallen back into his old ways of thinking.
True, if (and only IF) a return of Pterano necessarily meant the passing of five cold times. They could make a movie in which they run into Pterano in the Mysterious Beyond where he might be able to help them / save them potentially shortening his ban. Or Pterano could try to make a return before the end of the ban (e.g. sneaking into the Great Valley at night because he wants to see his relatives). Of course there is also the option of a story in which Pterano resumes his "evil ways" rather than earning his remission.
However, another Pterano story might be difficult to fit into a 20 minutes episode. One could make a whole sequel with this as a central part of the plot.
Here's one idea I recently came up with. Cera decides to play a joke on Petrie by telling him that the sky is going to fall (who could forget that classic childhood joke). When Petrie tells Chomper, Ducky, and Spike about it, all four of them believe it, so they decide to seek shelter.
Nice idea :yes
Knowing the infinite gullibility of many Great Valley inhabitants this joke could easily cause quite a frenzy if the word spreads :lol

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 15 2008 on  12:56 AM
I agree that the coming up of Tria probably killed Cera's mother (figuratively speaking) as I don't expect they would come up with a children story which has Cera's mother arrive in the Great Valley to find Tops and Tria. But I agree that it would have been really interesting and sensible if they had come up with some explanation about her before they let Tria enter the scene.
If Pterano were to return the kids would have to be in their early teens, an unlikely thing based on the 13 movies with them not aging. Though it would be interesting to see if he had learned and would be good, or he had had fallen back into his old ways of thinking.
True, if (and only IF) a return of Pterano necessarily meant the passing of five cold times. They could make a movie in which they run into Pterano in the Mysterious Beyond where he might be able to help them / save them potentially shortening his ban. Or Pterano could try to make a return before the end of the ban (e.g. sneaking into the Great Valley at night because he wants to see his relatives). Of course there is also the option of a story in which Pterano resumes his "evil ways" rather than earning his remission.
However, another Pterano story might be difficult to fit into a 20 minutes episode. One could make a whole sequel with this as a central part of the plot.
Nice idea :yes
Knowing the infinite gullibility of many Great Valley inhabitants this joke could easily cause quite a frenzy if the word spreads :lol
You know it could be a one hour special on an episode like that.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't suppose they would vary the length of individual episodes (if there ever is to be a 2nd season), but in some other TV series they let one plot cover two or three or more episodes when one was not sufficient for a plot. I guess the same might work out for the land before time if ever such a question was debated.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a few theories of what happened in some of the missing areas, but we really can't be certian, even though a few of mine are plausible.

One theory at hand is Cera's mom and a few others not surviving the journey during LBT 5.  I'd imagine that not all of the Great Valley residents survived through LBT 5 for a safe return home.  I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them died due to either starvation, dehydration or get eaten by a sharptooth.

A part of this theory also seems to fit in Dinah and Dana strangely enough.  I also happen to have the theory that one of Cera's older sisters that we don't know anything about was impregnated during the journey and as such, produced the eggs containing Dinah and Dana probably either when they were staying at that place where they found some fresh water and green food or not long after they return at the end of LBT 5.  I'd guess the latter based on the fact that those two would have a better chance of survival and would less than likely be able to make the very long trek.  Why we never saw their mother, who is supposedly one of Cera's much older sisters, I have yet to work out.  Might take me a little time to finish up the whole theory.

In fact, my theory ties in with my current LBT story when I plan to bring in Dinah and Dana, so I'm hoping for it to be true.  I just might have some of the closest possible theories around. :P:

Here's hoping they appear in the possible season 2. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't watch many modern cartoons but I'd guess they were moving away from multi part episodes.  Though some plots could be better done then doing everything in 1 episode.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I personally hope there's no second season.  If they just spent more time and effort on the plot themes, they could have made some of the TV eps good movies.