The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ovie [and other new characters of the series]

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We know next to nothing about the content of the TV series. However, Aria's (Ducky's) mother Melody mentioned in a mail to some of us that Aria auditioned for a character named "Ovie", not Ducky. We can only guess here, but if they stick to the tradition of naming land before time characters after their kind Ovie may possibly refer to an Oviraptor, an eggeater. Keep in mind I'm just speculating here.
Aria's mother also mentioned that they are looking for a voice for Chomper. If Chomper returns, so might the eggeaters Ozzy and Strut, maybe along with another eggeater called Ovie. But like I said this is just speculation.
Another fact however is that (again) they are looking for a new Littlefoot. I sure hope that after all they find a good sucessor to Thomas Dekker.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes thomas was the last decent voice of Littlefoot. No offense to the other actors who have voiced lIttlefoot, but I haven't been able top connect with them as Littlefoot.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Aria's mum said the same thing about Aria she seem to be doing two voices. for the series.

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One of them is a main character and one of them will be a minor character...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It sounds like they're going to introduce more supporting characters for the series.

Oh, and Scott McAfee was the last decent voice for Littlefoot.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think Thomas Dekker too did a very good job, but that's probably a matter of opinion.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dekker was good, but He's the last decent one. I haven't been too fomd of the recent Littlefoot voices...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's a real interesting point Malte about Ovie possibly being a Oviraptor. Never really thought of that! And what a development that would be to have Aria voice a possible villian rather than a good guy. But as you said before Malte. At the moment, everything is all down to pure speculation and no one knows for sure...but time will tell.

As for finding a voice for Littlefoot (yet again), I'm sure they'll find someone. I can imagine that the recent Littlefoots wont be taking up the role but I reckon that Thomas Dekker was the better voice for Littlefoot and he actually won an award for it! Scott McAfee is a close second but Dekker stood out as my fav Littlefoot! A shame he couldnt continue the role.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why? Did his voice change too much?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, age caught up with him. His voice dropped and he became unsuitable for the part. A real shame I reckon... :(

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yep that's why Julia Hansen won't be doing Ali again either.  <_<
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What can we say? You can't severe the passage of time! Age caught up and things changed...just like everything! But the question remains...who will be our next Littlefoot? Another kid's natural voice? Or a more experienced, older actor that can alter his/her voice to sound like Littlefoot? WHo knows? :unsure:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No we can't. But I'd rather do an older actor who can mimic the voice of a child, than have a string of child actors.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'd like to add that one who can alter their voice to sound like someone will likely cause less turnover and the need for new voices.  Jeff Bennett has been Petrie since at least 1994--11 years, and he still sounds the same.  ;)  Just makes sense to try and find someone who can do the voice that already has hit puberty if the producers have any long-term goals.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Basically what I was saying. Get an older person who can manipulate his or her voice to sound younger.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually there is one new piece of information. The character is not going to be called Ovie after all. The new name of Ovie will be "Ruby" which may render all theories of Ovie being and Oviraptor useless. There is no information on the species yet.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My only thought on the species so far, is the name "Ruby" sounds much like "Rooter" from the original movie.  Perhaps they are a similar species, however this is just the result of my random brainstorming  :lol