The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Arrivals

Nahla · 1273 · 89598

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Lily and the grandparents stayed awake while the younger ones had a nap. Lily wasn't overall comfortable with this now that Nahla was asleep, but she tried not to show anything.
"So, Lily, whereabouts are you and Taro from?" Grandma asked, trying to stir up some conversation, as there had been some awkward silence after the little ones had dozed off.
"Well... we sort of travel all over the place, really," she answered.
"And it's just you two alone?" Grandpa questioned.
"Er... yeah... we, er... we sometimes join farwalking herds, but usually it's just us two," she explained. She sighed, looking to the ground, and the older longnecks could tell that she didn't really want to talk about it, so Grandma changed the topic.
"So... do you like it here?" she asked, Lily nodded in return. For a while the three just talked about the Great Valley, along with some stories being shared about it's history.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Uzuris...brother...!" Ducky shyly answered.
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot let out a whimper and shifted in his sleep crying out something that sounded like "Mother".

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Grandma just sighed, watching her grandson. Lily opened her mouth to ask something, but shut it again when she saw just how upset both of the adult longnecks looked.
"Were you going to ask something, Lily?" Grandpa asked, noticing what had just happened.
"I..." she hesitated, not sure whether or not to say it. "I was going to ask where his mother is, but I think I figured it out... I'm sorry."

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nani glanced into the distance "Ben?"

Littlefoot kept crying for his mother like he was expecting her to answer "Mother!".

Nahla on the other hand was in perfect peace. She placed one of her front feet on her nose and sneezed but not waking.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Littlefoot!" Grandma nudged him, trying to wake him up. She knew it probably wasn't good when he had sleep stories about his mother.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot jerked awake and looked around "Mother?" he whispered tears in his eyes.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Shh, it's okay," Grandma whispered, nuzzling Littlefoot.

Lily watched them sorrowfully. She didn't even have a mother-figure any more, everyone she loved had perished. She turned back towards Nahla and pretended to sleep, remembering her own family.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nahla woken by all the crying jerked awake and began screaminmg.

Littlefoot sighed "Sorry,I did not mean to wake up the baby" he sounded like he felt guilty.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"It's all right, little one," said Grandma, still nuzzling him.

Lily immediately tried to calm Nahla down, and sang her a lullaby, the same one that her mother used to sing to her when she was a hatchling. The grandparents merely watched her, seeing the memories flashing in her eyes.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nahla calmed by the lullaby yawned and snuggles against Lily and fell  back asleep.

Littlefoot watched them thinking of his own memories. He suddenly stood up and ran off sobbing,you could hear him quietly calling "Mother"

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Littlefoot!" Grandpa called, rushing after him. Grandma could feel tears stinging in her eyes, but she managed to hold them back. Lily couldn't; she let silent tears fall, but turned away from Grandma so she couldn't see them.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot suddenly stopped when he heard his Grandpa "Grandpa?"

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"I'm here. What's wrong, Littlefoot?" his grandpa asked, nuzzling him.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I miss Mother" Littlefoot answered sadly wiping his tears.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"I know, little one," Grandpa whispered. "So do I... but she is always in your heart. Remember that."

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot sobbed "I want her here with me...it was all my fault it happened...If I just stayed at home" he buried his head into Grandpa's leg sobbing.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Shh... It's not your fault," Grandpa whispered. "We can't change what happened. If anything what happened was my fault. I should have been there..." Tears started to fall, and he brought the little one closer to him.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"And dad doesn't even seem to like me,he hardly ever comes here and when he does he always is here for a job or something,just not to spend time with me" he sobbed,memories coming crashing down on him.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Oh Littlefoot..." his grandpa sighed. "Of course your father loves you, but leading a herd has a lot of duties, and perhaps he doesn't realise just how much time is passing in between visits. Don't worry, Grandma and I will give him a good scolding to spend some time with you when he next comes here." He chuckled, imagining his wife throwing a fit a Bron since Littlefoot thought that about him.