The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anonymous Rex RP

Pterano · 176 · 15319

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
If you don't mind my asking:  

Is it too late for anyone else to join up?  Or is that still allowed?  

This RP really did hook me in, but then I do have all three of the "Rex" Series, even if I only really read two of them.  And this has opened up one extremely interesting scenario in the form of Cailan Sablewind and his experiences.  

Incidentally, this RP seems to Proceed from the events of "Casual Rex", yet Precedes the events of "Anonymous Rex", opening up the possibility of certain events that occurred in the latter-mentioned Novel not happening.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'd be okay with it, though it's obviously Pterano's call. Just so you know though, the likelihood of Cailan Sablewind actually being in the story again is pretty... slim.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Uhm, guess it's my turn to post? It's so long since anyone posted but I'm still very interested ^^

Oh, and I'd be happy to see yet another character in this RP. I'm pretty sure Pterano wouldn't mind. :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Up to Pterano, but I'd not mind another joining, sounds like it could be fun.  I'm not sure who's turn it is next, I just know I posted last.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No, it's not too late to join. :) I'd be happy to have you. :)

It's been kind of stalled, but as I said in my welcome post to you, I'm sure the other players wouldn't mind starting it up again. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure, I'd love to start Anonymous up again! It'll pick back up right at an exciting part too  :yes

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Aug 16 2014 on  04:47 PM
No, it's not too late to join. :) I'd be happy to have you. :)

It's been kind of stalled, but as I said in my welcome post to you, I'm sure the other players wouldn't mind starting it up again. :yes
From the sounds of things, it'll be starting up again.  

In that case I'd like to sign up.  

Just gonna need a while to work out a good character bio.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Take whatever time you need. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Then I hope this meets all the requirements.  

Name:

Jason L. Clarke

Species:

Allosaurus

Freelance Journalist/Street Racer/Young Revolutionary

Physical Appearance:

6ft 3in.  Soft-brown scales with tan underside, front of neck, and inner thighs.  Red sweptback markings                around his gold-green eyes.  Good musculature means his strength is slightly above average for his species.              While guised, he resembles a caucasion male with short brown hair and sideburns.  Has two sets of wardrobes,             one for guised and un-guised though they’re ultimately very similar, with a preference for black and long duster             coats.  

Personality:

While not the easiest to trust, those who have it can count on him to deliver the goods when needed.  For those in his trust, he is very open about himself and on hand to assist with any issues they might have.  And though he is known for lacking patience and tact, can be convinced to hold out if you supply a good enough reason.  

Brief Bio:

Hatched to a middle-class family, Jason spent most of his early life raised in his family’s preferred manner of keeping away from humans when possible and sticking to his own kind.  This was something he held to until a certain event he witnessed in his late teens forced him to re-evaluate his entire life outlook and choices.  Rather than take over the family business, he struck out a path for himself and the few times he does speak to them lets them think he’s a better-than-average journalist.  

The truth is he makes a decent chunk of his income from Illegal Street Racing where he’s built up quite the reputation for both his skill and sheer balls he displays behind the wheel.  

There is one other major event he involves himself in.  Jason is one of a growing number who are seeking a different type of co-existence with humans, one where they don’t need their guises, using his contacts and friends in the racing underworld to set up such meetings to facilitate a small network, and though he has heard of Cailan Sablewind, he has yet to actually meet him.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You're accepted. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Aug 16 2014 on  07:50 PM
You're accepted. :)
Thanks.  :DD

It'll be great to see this going again. ^_^

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, it's been quiet since May... I'm gonna need to read through it again for a refresher  :p I'll probably add a reply to get it going sometime tomorrow if nobody else has.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great to have another in the rp.  I suspect we'll all to at least skim through the rp.  I remember most of the general stuff but I'm sure I forgot some bits here and there.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm gonna have to as well :p Gonna write a post tomorrow most likely.

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Been re-reading the story to get myself familiar with it.  

Been thinking about how to fit Jason L. Clarke into the story, but I suspect I have at least a little time to think about it.  

In any case, been giving thought as well to what type of car he would use in his races.  Nissan GTR?  Roush Mustang?  Toyota MR2?  Mazda RX-8?  I think one of the first two would work best.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, yeah. We'll have to figure out a way to include Jason into the story. As for the cars, don't ask me because I don't know much about cars :p

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 17 2014 on  03:41 PM
Hmm, yeah. We'll have to figure out a way to include Jason into the story. As for the cars, don't ask me because I don't know much about cars :p
Well all I have for an idea is it happens after they get back to LA, but beyond that...

Looked at the various car specs, GTR.  Better at corners, good for tuning.  :DD

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I say the GTR myself. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Aug 17 2014 on  05:15 PM
I say the GTR myself. :)
Nissan GTR it is then.  :DD

Technically a four-seater, but really more of a 2+2 given that space in the back is on the tight side.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just trying to bump this :p I guess it's either Kor or Ducky's turn to post next.