The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anonymous Rex

Pterano · 280 · 35307

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Circe shifted a bit uncomfortably at Cailan's story. He let himself be seen by humans? And what was worse... he let them live? Even if they HAD nursed him back to health... could they really be trusted to keep the secret forever? She had serious doubts about that...

She turned upon hearing Heather having located Karl. Ah... excellent! So the author was in fact here! They could meet him, soon, and see if he indeed had a boat. She turned her attention back to the conversation however, and noted Detective Chaseman's reservations. "I agree!" she spoke up now. "What happened... if they reveal our existence to others... it could have dire consequences..." she trailed off, her consternation evident.

Vincent seemed a bit more fascinated by the story, and looked over at Circe. "Well... that IS a clear violation of our laws but... I at least understand where he's coming from. While I have no doubt there are SOME humans who might treat us as equals..." he closed his eyes here.

"It's too much of a risk!" Circe argued back.

"I know... I'm not... disagreeing with you." Vincent said, reopening his eyes. "The Council I'm sure is already aware of it. I'm just saying I understand his viewpoints... I just don't think humanity as a whole is ready for us... to learn the truth of us."

Circe relaxed a bit now, and nodded. "It just seems so... unnatural, that's all. No offense." she said to Cailan. "They will probably never be ready to find out the truth."

"He... knows all that." Vincent cut in. "He might however be useful in infiltrating the island." the raptor PI said in lower tones.

Circe regarded him quizzically, and then sighed. "I'll trust your judgment on this, Vincent. I find it harder to deny you anything anymore. The one promise I made to myself was that no matter... I'd be by your side. No matter what. Please just... be careful. I can't lose you." she said, running her hand down his cheek.

He nodded at her. "I know... I feel... the same exact way, Circe." He turned to Cailan now. "How much did you hear what we were saying about the island?" he quizzed his fellow raptor.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yea, been a while.  How are you doing?" He asked.  When he heard she mention she was at the party too he looked around and then in another direction.  Seeing her waving he waved in return.  

"Sure, I can meet you." He said to her.  "Sure, I'll be right over." He said.  He put his cellphone stuff away, "Someone I knew from school wants to meet with me about something.  See you later." he said to those he was with as he put away his cellphone stuff. He then walked over to where Heather was.  

"Something you want or need?" He asked as he got close, looking at the other dinos she was with.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Coool!" Heather managed to shout before she put her phone away to greet Karl in person.

"Yeah, I need something, well, we," Heather spoke. "See Karl, a good friend of mine, Vincent, and two other people - three, I mean - got involved into something, and so did I. We need to get to a certain island of Hawaii, unnoticed, I may add," Heather explained matter-of-factly. "I know you have a boat, Karl, and I know you like Hawaii so I ask you: Is your boat there at the moment? If so, could you... lend it to us?"
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes, it's there." Karl said pausing, "Though it's not a boat, more of a yacht really." He said, a bit embarrassed at admitting he owned a yacht and one in Hawaii.  "I like to go there to do writing, get away from things.  Stuff like that.   Do you want to use it for a fun weekend with someone?" He asked her.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"What?" Nicky said in a low tone, looking sharply at Vincent. "You want to take Cailan with us? Traveling with a known criminal is a bad idea... It's different with Circe - according to you, everyone thinks she's dead. Being seen with him could be very bad for us..." Although... if he comes with us, at least I could keep an eye on him he thought, glancing at Cailan warily.

He was interrupted from his musing by a familiar voice speaking to Heather. He looked to the side and blinked when he placed the voice. "Mr. Flyn? He's your friend with the boat?" Nicky asked Heather in surprise. What are the chances...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vincent lowered his voice and raised a claw to Cailan, indicating he should give them a minute. "Yeah well... we're gonna need some help on this one... and I doubt we can ask your LAPD human buddies to go raid an island infested with dinos!" he whispered sharply to Nicky. "We don't... really have a lot of options here. I understand his reputation and the... problems he can potentially bring but... who's really gonna know? Circe's not gonna say anything about us and him... and I doubt Heather would either. Which just leaves Mr. Flyn, if we can trust him, that is." Vincent outlined. He then straightened back up as Nicky obviously couldn't ignore Karl any longer, nor keep on whispering in his presence. The PI turned back to Cailan now, offering him a smile.

Circe had meanwhile shifted her attention to Karl. "Actually, no." she said, shaking her head. She didn't introduce herself just yet. "We need your boat for something a little more... clandestine." she said hesitantly. "I can't rightly borrow a fellow dino's property without first warning him some harm may come to it... but if you'd rather not know the details, you can accept the story that yes... we're simply borrowing it for a fun weekend." she offered him a wide smile here. "We will of course do everything in our power to ensure no harm does come to it but... as said, I'd rather not lie and have you find out for yourself later on in case something does happen. Oh and rest assured, it's nothing illegal." she informed him.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like something important." he said, "Very important.   As long as it's not illegal or immoral." He said.  "I'd be glad to help.  Not sure what i can do besides letting you use my yacht." He said, not sure what was going on, or about to go on as the case may more likely be.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Ah, great you're going to offer us your yacht, Karl. Thanks a bunch buddy!" Heather exclaimed appreciatively, moving to the music a little.

"So, you're practising some Martial Arts, right? Least I remember you did that in our highschool years..." Heather said. "Never wrong to know how to defend oneself when you're going to a possibly dangerous place, right boys? And girl..."
Inactive, probably forever.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nicky cocked his head at Heather, a vexed expression on his face. Real subtle... "Yeah, it's certainly not a bad idea..." he said, fixing his attention back on Karl. "It is important, Mr. Flyn. We wouldn't be borrowing it if it wasn't. And you have my word that it's not for anything illegal, I wouldn't be involved if it was." Hopefully one of the others knows how to drive the yacht... I don't want another civilian involved...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Circe once more reassured Karl. "It's not illegal, I promise. And what do you mean, what can you do? You'd be surprised what our kind is truly capable of. We've been toned down a lot by living among humans, sure... but our potential is still there." she offered him a smile.

Vincent took on Heather's cue and began moving with the music a bit. "Yeah... it's not illegal. Just a little... investigative work." the PI said.

"Oh... well I think we've basically concluded business." Circe said, looking at a clock on the wall.

"Don't you want to stay and party some more?" Vincent asked, smiling at her.

"I'll do whatever you want to do, Vincent. I just thought we could continue our Christmas celebrations at your place." she suggested, rubbing his arm.

"Oh that's definitely in the cards... but I mean heck! It's a party! It's Christmas! There's no way I'm not leaving here without my head spinning!" Vincent declared.

Circe smirked now, and shook her head. "I can give you that same sensation tonight... without the herbs. I DID say we were going to break your habit. I have to do SOMETHING right for you after all."

"Yeah, yeah... but you already saved my life! I owe you!" Vincent responded.

"And I owe you for hiding myself from you for practically a year." Circe reminded him.

"OK... OK..." Vincent replied, taking her hands in his own now. "I'll hold ya to it. Speaking of which... who IS our host?" he asked now.

Circe smiled at this. "Oh... a former Progressive who was deprogrammed after the cult collapsed. You know how we had all those rich initiates and were able to fund our little enterprise? Well, unfortunately, Raal still has supporters like that, but this one's back on the straight and narrow." Circe informed him.

"Aha! I kind of suspected it had to be one of your old uh... converts." Circe suddenly started dancing a bit with Vincent again, though confined them to the area they were standing around. Vincent turned to look at Heather as he and Circe moved about though. "So... did you want to stay longer?" he asked, grabbing some bacon and popping it in his mouth. "I am your ride after all... so we can leave whenever you're ready. Oh and... Mr. Flyn? Could we get your contact info? I think we're gonna be in Hawaii around New Year's." the PI informed the author.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Karl nodded, "if you need it, sure, since it's not illegal. As for Marital arts yes.  I practice a human type and also a raptor style.  Thought it best to not limit myself to just one." He said.  

He looked at Vincent.  "Would you prefer my email, or phone number?" He asked.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Phone, please." Vincent replied, smiling as he danced with Circe. "It'll be much quicker."

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sure. I'll give it to you when you're done dancing." He said smiling.  

"So when will you need it?" He asked turning to the others, "And you do know how to drive a yacht?  It's not quite like with a car." He said smiling a bit.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh, we're done." Circe said, slowing to a stop with a wide smile. "We were just messing around."

"Yeah... we should probably get going in all honesty. Heather, you ready?" Vincent asked her. "Oh and... we'll be needing the yacht around New Year's." the PI reiterated.

"Have I answered all your questions?" Circe asked Nicky, double checking with him just to be sure before they left the party.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nicky gave a small shrug. "For now." I've got a feeling there'll be more questions before this is over. "I'll be seeing you at New Year's then," he nodded to Vincent.

He looked at Karl. "To answer your question Mr. Flyn, no, I don't know how to drive a yacht." Nicky's tail flicked uncomfortably. It was looking as if Karl was going to have to come with them, and the thought made him very uneasy.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh yeah..." Vincent suddenly spoke up now. "Yeah I don't think I can either. I can steer a canoe but... I don't think that's the same thing." he confessed.

"Technically, Mr. Watson steered your canoe." Circe reminded him. "You just stood in the front like Christopher Columbus... wearing MY Hawaiian guise I might add." she broke into a wide smile here.

"Oh... yeah that's... that's right." Vincent nodded at this, giving a sheepish smile, his green scales flushing a bit.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Guess I may be needed to drive the yacht.  How will you be getting to Hawaii, by plane I presume?  & you'll need it on new years day?" He asked.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Probably the day after New Year's." Circe informed him.

"Yes... we'll be flying in." Vincent added. "Probably a day or so before New Year's... packed as I'm sure it'll be." he mumbled. "So, what's your number?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cailan sighed, jotting the date down in his notepad before turning.
"I can tell when I'm not needed or wanted.  I'll be around.  Assuming I don't end up on death row before then."
He said with a grim chuckle as he left the group...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It'll be very packed around New Years." Karl said.  "As well as prices sky rocketing. " He said to the group.   Then to Vincent, "Thought I had already given it to you...." He said, slowly saying his phone number so Vincent would have enough time to write it down or something.   "Or would you rather I write it down?" He asked.