The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time 5 Showcase - July 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Only four days late, this is a record in timeliness for me!  :chompysmile Though speaking of timeliness for those of us who are Chomper fans, this is the film where we finally got to see some more of the gentle sharptooth!

------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss your thoughts on the fifth film.  I will go ahead and present a few questions to get things started:

1) Considering how Chomper is depicted in this film, what can be ascertain about Chomper’s upbringing in the time since he was hatched by the gang?

2) This film brings up the question as to where Chomper’s knowledge of leaf-eater comes from, as he only learned a few words from the gang. What is your personal head-canon for where Chomper learned leaf-eater to fluency?

3) What is your opinion on the song “Friends for Dinner”?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I believe this is one of my favorite sequels behind The Big Freeze.  Not only because Chomper is in it, but also because there isn’t a bad song in the sequel, so I think that was a first for me.
  • From what I can gather, his parents want Chomper to be a mean Sharptooth just like them, but Chomper was raised by leaf-eaters and would rather be nice.  By the time Littlefoot goes out to save Chomper, I think it’s save to say Chomper’s parents accept Chomper for being nice.
  • My guess is probably because pf the many talking and singing the Gang did.  I think that was enough for Chomper to learn how to speak like leaf-eaters as he grew older.
  • I think it’s my favorite song in the sequel, and one of my favorite songs in the AKOM-produced sequels.  I liked it even more when a reprise was done for the episode: The Brave Longneck Scheme (double-bonus: it’s one of my favorite LBT TV series episodes).
Anyway, I’m curious to see what other people thought of this movie?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I probably rewatched this sequel the most. The return of Chomper was glorious, and that he could  communicate with speech made it sublime.
This installment introduced Sharpteeth Talk or Tongues which shows us the growls and roars of Sharpteeth are language. Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous used this in Season 5 (released today, June 21, 2022), that carnivores make different pitched growls, moans, roars and etc to communicate. It seems Universal reuses ideas from their properties.
LBTV set up climatic dino battle model that Jurassic Park III and all the Jurassic World films have used with Carnivores having smack downs.
I gotta say “Friends for Dinner” is still one of my favorite songs. Its cleaver in its duo-meaning.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:16:43 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I would say this is now probably my favourite of the sequels, the return of Chomper was cool and it has one of my favourite scenes of Chomper's parents vs the plated sharptooth.

1) Considering how Chomper is depicted in this film, what can be ascertain about Chomper’s upbringing in the time since he was hatched by the gang?

His parents were probably trying to raise him as a normal sharptooth - teaching him how to hunt, what they need to eat, etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found him several times 'playing' with his food. He was probably quite confused that he was supposed to eat them at first.

2) This film brings up the question as to where Chomper’s knowledge of leaf-eater comes from, as he only learned a few words from the gang. What is your personal head-canon for where Chomper learned leaf-eater to fluency?

I like the idea that he met Ruby before he and his parents got to the mysterious island and she taught him how to speak the leaf-eater language.

3) What is your opinion on the song “Friends for Dinner”?

I don't really have a strong opinion on any of the songs so I'd say it's a decent song. My favourite for this film is still 'Always There' though.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Yay! Chompers back again! I really liked the idea for this film. Instead of the movie taking place in the great valley, we get sent to a mysterious island, so at least it’s a better plot churner than some of the other films.

And yes, they gave him three fingers for this one. Sigh… cartoons do be like that sometimes. I’m so glad to see that he didn’t turn back on his old friends now that he’s a bit older. And speaking of which, he probably had a hard time with his parents if they encouraged him to eat meat.

As SRFG said, It would be kinda neat if he met Ruby at some point, and from there, she taught him leaf-eater.

My thoughts on “Friends for dinner”?   Nummy dinos. scrumptious.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0