The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Freaky creepy and disturbing---or just me?

Guest · 13 · 1932

Bruton the Iguanodon

Okay, this is obviously during friends for dinner and for anyone who can't seee, Spike has something on his mouth. I suddenly realized a little over a moth ago, that because of...whatever it is in his mouth, and the patch of stinky flowers he's lying on, and the overall disturbing point of the song...you don't think he looks like---

Well I won't say it out loud, but am I just being weird or---is he really supposed to look like---like that?! Because if he is then this already god-awful s**tty song can go suck even more s**t and movie 5 has just been tainted even more! LBT didn't used to be like this---sure there were carnivorous characters but no vegetarian and/or animal offensive jokes. To say this is sick beyond belief would be understating it.

But hey, maybe I'm just seeing things cause I dig a little too deep. Certainly didn't realize it at first.

Edit: I removed the image, I'm gonna spare fans the torture of looking at it

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, Spike is supposed to look like a roasted pig (there, I said it). The entire song is a piece of weird humour. I'm not really fond of it either.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, this song is disgusting, not fun, disturbing, annoying, and weird. The fact that there are people who actualy like it is disturbing, in my opinion. The only songs worse then this one I'd say are "Imaginary Friends" and "Yellow Belly Bounce". Eve "Flip Flap Fly" is better then this piece of s**t.

Movie 5 itself wasn't that great. The first half was okay, but from the weird red sky and the cheesy, juvenile visuals during "Big Water" you could tell this film series was already starting to stale. And then there's the truly awful second half, most of which stinks as badly as the stinky place---espicialy during this disgusting, s**tty, vomit-worthy, annoying, ugly so called song.  :x  

I should admit though, oneat doesn't save it. And once they meet Elsie the film does make a bit of a turnaround.

But again, this song was just WRONG. I'd say everything about it that Friendly Sharptooth said to me about "The Mad Song"---humor and a fun beat can't save it from what it is. And really, it wasn't that fun at all. And the only funny part---nay, the only good part about the whole song, was the bit with the mom and dad Sharptooth ("Sometimes I worry about that boy!") If the sharpteeth parents had the best part of the song...something's wrong with it!

As for my suspicions about Spike...well, it's not much worse then what Jittery had in one of his videos of him being in a burrito, but is in the fact that it's in the fim itself, and will may disturb viewers and also offend vegetarians. Is it supposed to be a joke on the fact that Spike is a pig so much of the time in that he eats a lot...and taking it literally? Cause either way it shows Grosvner, on top of being a crappy director, has a crappy sense of humor.  :x

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The fact that there are people who actualy like it is disturbing, in my opinion.

Yeah, thanks for basically insulting me, Pterano, Trulyfantasticme, Jared, and tons of other members on here. What happened to respecting other's opinions? I know you said that before many times.

But anyway, I actually like "Friends for Dinner" because it's basically the only instance of dark humor in the series, and I really like dark humor.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: vonboy,Dec 29 2011 on  07:57 PM
The fact that there are people who actualy like it is disturbing, in my opinion.

Yeah, thanks for basically insulting me, Pterano, Trulyfantasticme, Jared, and tons of other members on here. What happened to respecting other's opinions? I know you said that before many times.
Yeah I agree. I happen to have liked Friends For Dinner years ago. It was one of my favorite songs from LBT. I used to listen to it all the time. Does that make me a disturbing person for liking it?

I should think not. It's simply an opinion. If you don't like it, Bruton, that's fine. But don't go insulting people who do like it. As I said, it's just an opinion. If you don't like it, that's fine. But don't act like it's such a big deal that there are people who do like it, or have liked it in the past.

I mean, it's not like anyone here who likes the song is forcing you to listen to it. Why does it bother you that much that people happen to like the song?

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Dec 29 2011 on  08:11 PM
Quote from: vonboy,Dec 29 2011 on  07:57 PM

Yeah I agree. I happen to have liked Friends For Dinner years ago. It was one of my favorite songs from LBT. I used to listen to it all the time. Does that make me a disturbing person for liking it?

I should think not. It's simply an opinion. If you don't like it, Bron, that's fine. But don't go insulting people who do like it. As I said, it's just an opinion. If you don't like it, that's fine. But don't act like it's such a big deal that there are people who do like it, or have liked it in the past.

I mean, it's not like anyone here who likes the song is forcing you to listen to it. Why does it bother you that much that people happen to like the song?
Exactly.  :yes
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I made a mistake in my first post regarding a name. It's fixed now.

Anyway I just relistened to the song to remind myself of why I had liked it in the past. The song, as of now, despite the fact I don't really like any of the LBT songs, actually holds up better than I expected.

The beat is what I liked the most. It was catchy, the type of song you could tap your foot too. And hearing Littlefoot sing like a girl made me laugh. And I loved the modern day food references in the song, such as stew and liver of duck.

I love dark humor myself, and listening to it again, I can see why the song is dark humor. The gang is basically singing about Chomper eating them. In my opinion, this isn't really disgusting; after all Chomper is a carnivore. But is it disturbing? Possibly, since the kids seem to enjoy singing about them getting eaten.

But in the end, the song may have just been a joke. At first, when I was little, I thought they were serious, but perhaps the entire time they were being sarcastic, like they knew Chomper wouldn't hurt them, so they made up a song mocking their fear of getting eaten. It may have been a way to cope with being trapped on the island. That would explain why they laugh at the end.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't understand how anyone can find this song disturbing in the least. It is not like it is sung in a serious way, it is a very light-hearted, funny song that they sing because they think it is strange and funny how their friend happens to be a sharptooth. There is really nothing disturbing about it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I think it was a torturous 2 minutes of 100% awfulness. Bad beat, bad tune, awful singing (espicially from Chomper), awful colors, modern food references, the line, "He can't eat vegetables, only meat---" WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SAY "PLANTS"?! joking about things that shouldn't be joked about, portraying Spike in a truly disturbing position, putting the characters in boxes and bubbles?!! WTF?! Seriously, the only good thing about the song was the sharpteeth exchange. And if a dumbing-down sharpteeth moment is the best part, you've got a problem.

But, if there are people who actually like it...I respect their opinions 100%.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I agree with you that the song is annoying, but only in as much as the "Friends for dinner" part keeps repeating in my head over and over. And it just started again, dammit.

I don't really dislike it because of what they sing about - if anything, I can see the appeal of the darker humour to it, like others before me said. It's kind of funny to hear them singing in such a carefree way about the possibility of being eaten.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What I also really disliked about this song is that it felt like an insult to the previous two songs of the movie, which were nothing short of brilliance to me when I was a kid, and which I still think are cool years later.

The beat is what I liked the most. It was catchy, the type of song you could tap your foot too. And hearing Littlefoot sing like a girl made me laugh. And I loved the modern day food references in the song, such as stew and liver of duck.

I love dark humor myself, and listening to it again, I can see why the song is dark humor. The gang is basically singing about Chomper eating them. In my opinion, this isn't really disgusting; after all Chomper is a carnivore. But is it disturbing? Possibly, since the kids seem to enjoy singing about them getting eaten.

But in the end, the song may have just been a joke. At first, when I was little, I thought they were serious, but perhaps the entire time they were being sarcastic, like they knew Chomper wouldn't hurt them, so they made up a song mocking their fear of getting eaten. It may have been a way to cope with being trapped on the island. That would explain why they laugh at the end

I can't tell you how much I disagree---the beat was lame and prevented the song from all that much fun; the singing was awful espicially Chomper's; the reference to modern day foods I was not impressed to see; the bright colors were awful, and the awfultelephone style visuals; it wasn't funny at all. Also, the line: "He can't eat vegetables/only meat": since when do they call plants vegetables in the LBT world? And the title line was sooooooooooo annoying: you kept thinking the song would be over but they kept singing it...ahhhghhh!! Whoever made this was probably borderline-high. Whoever made Imaginary Friends and Yellow Belly Bounce was high!

And the fact that it ends up that they're all joking about it...makes it all the more disturbing. In the first song they were being completely honest and serious about their fears. In the 2nd they were completely true to their inner emotions. But in this one---this is the song that shouldn't have been in the film.

Also, on a last note...why did Chomper try a leaf saying "I wonder if this tastes good" if he already tried one back in movie 2 and hated it?!

It's kind of funny to hear them singing in such a carefree way about the possibility of being eaten.

How is that funny?!  :blink:

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I like that song too. The Land Before Time 5 is actually one of my favourites (of the sequels, the first kind of stands on it's own).

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow this goes back quite a bit...

...eh, I've gotten to the point where I don't really like LBT that much, so I don't really care for even the songs I did like in 2011 anymore, let alone the ones I didn't.

BTW, I never did mention that it was after watching the hula scene in Lion King that I actually realized this (I think the thought may have crossed my mind before, but it was only then that I really grasped it)