The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zoo Tycoon 2

Iuri97

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So, have any of you ever heard about Zoo Tycoon 2? Probably, as it is among the most well-known "Tycoon" games. Well, I like to call it a classic. A relatively old game, but still quite good, and with certain "modifications" ( :p ) you can have even more fun with it.

Personally, I always found it more addictive and entertaining than games like The Sims or Minecraft. While I did enjoy Minecraft, I often found myself bored with some of it¥s aspects, and I never really got into The Sims, other than the Pet expansion packs.

Does anyone here play it? I still do, and quite frequently! If you don¥t, I would recommend getting it. I heavily recommend you get some of the fan-made "modifications" I spoke about before as well. This game is one of the few I have ever got mods for, and I have to say, they greatly add into the game!

I strongly recommend the Radical Remake, the ABC packs, and the Walking With Dinosaurs packs (these latter contain every dinosaur from about 4 of the episodes of the original WWD series, and each one of them is AWESOME). To put it short: the vanilla game itself is very good, but with certain mods, you can spice it up even further. With those mods, ZT2 can still easily hold the title for "best zoo/wildlife park sim" game.

Sure, some of the mods are of dubious quality. The best ones for me belong to the great team Aurora Designs and to a few more members such as HENDRIX, the genius behind the WWD packs and more. Keep in mind that some of them will also only work if you own the expansion packs. They are all VERY easy to install though.

So, my friends, anyone here interested in the game, or has it? We can use this topic to discuss everything about it, including how to mod in case you don¥t know how!   ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I haven't played it. I do own Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, howevere. I used to play that game a lot.

Iuri97

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 22 2016 on  01:54 PM
I haven't played it. I do own Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, howevere. I used to play that game a lot.
Ah, the very first game! I happen to own it too, I found it cheap on a local store once!  ;) The first game is quite fun too. I remember always starting a zoo with this order of species: zebra, white tiger, saltwater crocodile, giraffe and then suddenly LOCH NESS MONSTER!  :lol:

I haven¥t played the first one for a while, though. Got busy with the second and it¥s countless amazing fan-made contents.

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
I own the full game and the previous game as well. Kind of shame the Xbox One reboot to the series was... more than disappointing to me.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.