The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

update: 1-11-08 - Still in one piece =P

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I haven't updated in a while, not since before New Years.

I'd like to welcome Tim Richardson to the group, who is a professional film director/producer and a good friend of mine. Its thanks to his good efforts as a director that I'll actually have my name in the credits of a film (not theatrical, direct to DVD rather. But still!) I did a few character sketches for his upcoming spoof of Harry Potter, simply named Harvey Putter. I'm looking forward to the release of this film and to soon see my name in the IMDB (a place I thought I'd never see the likes of me. =P )

In my last update I forgot to mention that I no longer have a vehicle. My cousin Patrick has taken over the payments and ownership of my snazzy yellow 2007 Cobalt. Its a good thing because I cant afford to pay it. And since my cousin is taking over on the payments, it wont effect my credit much. So yay! Its a bad thing because I no longer have a ride, and I have to rely on family members to get me to certain places. And I'm really going to miss that car. So .. yea... boo flippin hoo!

I should add that on my trip back home from Tennessee me and Pat had a nasty accident with the car. It did not help matters that it was raining cats and dogs. We hydroplaned off the road spun about three times and landed sideways into the median. We're lucky to had survived. If we had gone any further we'd had skid into incoming traffic and got smashed into bits. And to top it off, a state trooper hit the same spot and hit the median several feet behind us. So yes. We had loads of fun...

The car is currently in shop getting $800 worth of repairs done to it from the wreck. Once its all done, Patrick will have to travel all the way back from Florida to pick it up. Needless to say, he's not too happy about it. As for me, I'm grateful to still be in one piece (as the topic of this update sugests). I had a wreck almost similar to that in that very same car about this same time last year believe it or not. But enough of that. On to the project updates =)

I've been busy, of coarse. Trying to adapt to a working schedule for the projects. Because I've been without a vehicle in the past weeks, I've been stuck at home. And the issue about a job, since I'm going through a special rehab service that's helping me with my job hunt, I guess that's a second good excuse as to why I'm not looking for a job at the momment. So I have some free time to spend. If only I can get myself motivated to spend it as needed.

I have a pretty big list of the things I want to accomplish this year. I for one would love to finish the first book on the Arkia series. Finish the Percy comic book. Complete work on a fully functioning computer game that I started just before the New Year. And a whole lot more. I think I've got too much on that list, but I'm taking it easy. One or two projects at a time... =P

-- Oh, and Patrick, yes. I'm highly considering taking up singing this year as a practice. =)

On my free time I got to experimenting with Paint Shop Pro (a software somewhat similar to Photoshop, only not as powerful) And I found I have some rather awesome abilities with the airbrushing tool

Sample:

I'll be using this newfound ability to my advantage. =)

But right now, its all a matter of getting myself into the flow of things. Since I've moved and lost my car and what not, I've become somewhat sluggish and too leanient  in my time. I stay up way too late and I sleep in way too late, and I'm not eating healthily as I should. I almost need a private drill seargent to come in and yell at me to get off my lazy bottom and actually start doing things. =P

That is all I have for now. I hope everyone had a wonderful new year and a happy holiday! =)

- Brian B

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"m glad you were not hurt in the accident.  The direct to dvd could be the start of something interesting.  As for motivating you could try listening to music (if it helps) while saying you'll work on x for 10 minutes, or something along those lines.  Try also for the same time each day so a habit is formed.  I've read those help some folks.  Finding time can be difficult also, but those are some tips I've read that help some other folks.  That sample picture looks great.  Looks like you can do a lot with Paint Shop Pro.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Glad to hear you are still in one piece...that's some pretty scary stuff going off the road (been in that situation before).  I wish you luck with the DVD credit and hope it gives you some recognition so you can get some more steady work. :)  You're already very good with the hand tools.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It is sure that you are having lots of stuff happening in your life recently. Keep it up with everything :DD .
 And as for paint Shop Pro, I also use that program, to give textures for my low-poly 3d models :smile .