The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My latest board project: Medieval Fur Forum

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I feel I have the time to do this...I definitely have the motivation to try and carve out another niche board on the web.  Might take quite a while for it to grow, as many Redwall boards are now empty and dead, and I haven't found a Mistmantle board yet.  This place will be ideal if you have read Brian Jacques' Redwall or M.I. McAllister's Mistmantle Chronicles.

Join in if you like and have a bit of time on your paws you don't know what to do with (it would help even to make the place look busy). :p

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Medieval_Fur_Fo...dex.php?act=idx

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've never actually heard about redwall and/or mistmantle. Maybe one can tell me about it?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Redwall and the Mistmantle Chronicles are both book series written about anthropomorphic animals living in medieval times and will fight foebeasts with weapons of the era (spears, javelins, etc.) to protect their homeland, culture, and loved ones.  The difference between the two lies in how the good/evil characters are presented.  Redwall has specific good and evil characters based on the character's species.  Mistmantle has good and evil characters within the same species.  They are both written for the target audience of 9-14 year olds.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i help run one of those Redwall sites, its called Beyond Redwall.  if you ever want to stop by, feel free. Petrie is right though, most of the Redwall boards I've seen have grown quiet, including my site.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll look it over. I think I'd like the idea of Mistmantle Chronicles better.  Why is it just because you're x species it means you'll be good or evil.  Makes more sense that it depends on the individual.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats one of the Criticisms of Redwall, that and the lstr entries are formulaic. Btw the link to my site is redcrow.proboards16.com - that link should work when you type it in.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Sadly I know too few about Redwall and even less about Mistmantle Chronicles to really be a contribution in your new forum. But I must say they interest me :yes .
 I will be checking the forum, that's for sure.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You can hang in the general sections for now, to at least make the place look somewhat active, even if you can't contribute in the Redwall/Mistmantle sections.