The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you reading?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Storm Front" by Jim Butcher

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Anonymous Rex" by Eric Garcia
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Having already read the first three books, I certainly find this one interesting at its own rate.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Origins of the Bill of Rights by Leonard W. Levy

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 28 2013 on  06:32 AM
"Anonymous Rex" by Eric Garcia
How did you find it, if you finished? :) Did you like it enough to read Casual? :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just read some Creepypasta if that counts.

Slenderman
Jeff The Killer
The Rake
BEN Drowned

and the one that has me freaked the most.

Smile.dog  or Smile.jpg
I don't really believe it but that picture is disturbing.. *shudders* never want to see it AGAIN,saw two different ones,one was with a human in the background like it was summoning with a bloody handprint on it,the other was in a red background both claimed to be the 'real' one,but it ain't right...right...right?  :unsure:

Acording to the legends Smile.dog was is meant to make me insane at the sight of it...I'm fine and it also meant to haunt me in my sleep..we'll see....

As for actual books I'm reading Marley & Me. Good but sad book.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"The Bloody Vendetta of Southern Illinois" by Milo Erwin and Jon Musgrave

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James Patterson's Zoo. Basically, imagine zombie apocalypse but with crazed mammals.

It's a high octane thriller but lacking greatly in substance. The characters are flat, the science shatters my suspension of disbelief and the writing is amateurish with chapters telling of an animal attack placed in between chapters telling the protagonist's tale. Not to mention the use of some just plain bizarre metaphors and similes. The ending sucked too. Actually, ending's the wrong word. It's almost like a "to be continued..." message.

Finally, the most grating thing are the radical environmental and Luddite messages in it delivered with the subtlety of a dam failure.

Bottom line: idea is good but Patterson screwed it with terrible writing and stilted pacing. Personally, I think Cornova's PokÈ Wars is better written and executed (even if Cornova writes fanfiction and Patterson's a professional author).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"The Frozen Republic: How the Constitution Is Paralyzing Democracy" by Daniel Lazare.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm reading "Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Malazan Book of The Fallen: The Bonehunters

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Beyond Good and Evil" by Friedrich Nietzsche

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rainer M. Schrˆder: Die wundersame Reise des Jonathan Blum (couldn't find an official english title)

EDIT July 12th: Now reading "Harry Potter and the half-blood prince" :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"A Practical Guide to Constitution Building" by Markus Bˆckenfˆrde, Nora Hedling, and Winluck Wahiu

This is a rather nice handbook that summarizes the major decisions that have to be made in the creation of a new constitution and (resulting from that) the design of the government itself.  It is relatively concise for the breadth of the topic (at around 150 pages) but it does effectively give an overview of the topics at hand and the options that are available.  I would definitely recommend the book for anyone who is interested in comparative constitutional law.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dinoland by Wolfgang Hohlbein, Frank Rehfeld, Manfred Weinland

I can only recomment this novel (though I'm not quite sure whether it has an english translation  :unsure: ). It's about dinosaurs of course. An experiment gone terribly wrong opens a portal to the past... Parts of the present are being replaced by the respective area  many millions of years ago... plus their habitants...

EDIT: Now reading Harry Potter 7: The Deathly Hollows