The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Detentionaire

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Yes, another thread for a cartoon nobody's heard of by your local Canadian cartoon junkie HotelValleyfornia :p

Anyway, in an earlier thread I mentioned Detentionaire as a fandom I was a part of, but I hadn't watched as much as I'd like. Well, recently I finally decided to get back into the show and I LOVE it! :ChomperPOG

For those not in the know, this cartoon is about an average high school student named Leaping *cough* excuse me, Lee Ping, who on the first day of tenth grade gets framed for a massive prank he didn't commit and thus gets one full year of detention by the school's new crazy principal, and grounded for the same amount of time by his grumpy mother. With the help of his friends Cam and Holger, and bully with a heart of gold Biffy, Lee sets out to clear his name and find out the true culprit. However, he soon gets pulled into something much bigger, and ends up discovering numerous conspiracies that could have global consequences. I DAREN'T spoil how deep this show goes - it's SO much more than it appears. It's little wonder why many people refer to it as "Canadian Gravity Falls".

My favorite characters include Brandy, Kimmie, Holger and especially Tina. She is so dang adorable!!! I can't stop smiling whenever she's onscreen. I frequently feel really bad for her with how Chaz treats her and how she frequently deals with romantic troubles. She's pretty much the definition of a precious cinnamon roll who is too good for this world. :petrieLOL :wub And I totally ship her with Lee :RhettAli

Check the show out on YouTube

I highly recommend this show to anyone who's looking for a great and fun cartoon with an engaging plot, lovable characters...and an AWESOME theme song :DD
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD