The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Out of time and place

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James was taken aback. "Identify yourself," he demanded, keeping the shotgun trained on Cleve.

"James, what's in the bushes?" Deimos yelled from the campsite.

"Some new person!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"I... I'm Lieutenant Cleve L. Ro... Robinson," Cleve stuttered, "US Navy. USS Eld... Eldridge. DE-173. Number #112357." He was too shocked to speak clearly. The man in front of him was still holding the shotgun. Cleve was too confused to think clearly. He put his hands up in surrender.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of a creature he has never seen before.

"Ja... James," Cleve stuttered, "Who is that? How can he talk?" He pointed to Deimos.

Suddenly, Cleve remembered his friend Frank.

"And where's me friend Frank?" Cleve demanded, "What have you done to him." Cleve thought that the man in front of him, or the creature, has killed Frank. Cleve's mind filled with anger... and fear.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Frank went salvaging for supplies in his wrecked plane. I'm one of two other survivors. The creature you are pointing to is Deimos, a Deinonychus who joined us. I'll take you back to camp and we can meet the others," James said. He then lowered his shotgun and headed back to camp.

---------------------

When he arrived, he sat down on a log that Deimos had procured. The campfire was burning brightly.

"So, James, who's the new guy?" Deimos asked. He was busy making what appeared to be a stone knife out of some obsidian.

James stared at Deimos. "Deimos, you...you make stone tools?" he asked.

Deimos nodded as he continued working on the stone knife. "Yep, picked it up from some dinosaurs outside the Great Valley. I also know a little bit about medicinal plants and I can start a fire with rocks" he replied.

James sat on the log and pulled out his knife from a sheath on his leg and started cleaning the fish in preparation to cook them.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cleve sat on a log, too confused to say anything.

How did James befriend a Deinonychus? How can it talk? What is a Deinonychus anyway?

Cleve walked around in circles, trying to figure everything out. Finally, he asked James, "How did you get here? How did you meet him?" Cleve pointed to Deimos.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan returned to the camp with the sack of fruit, grapes and some other eatable plants he had recognized.  He noticed the new person and set down his sack as he found a place to sit down.  

"Looks like we have a new arrival." He said looking at the new arrival, then to the others, "I found some fruit, grapes and some other eatable plants.  Quite a variety of stuff here from my short looking around." He said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank arrived at the wreckage of his plane at least what was left of it. The right wing was a few yards away it had been ripped in half exposing the machine guns. "Well maybe I can take parts from the three guns in that wing to make a  rifle," frank said. Frank took the guns out of the wing one at a time and started taking them apart. "This is proving to be harder than i thought," frank thought as he put the pieces that he needed beside him on the dirt.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I also would like to know how I got here. One minute, I was driving down Route 9 in New Jersey and the next, I'm talking to Deimos," James said. "And Deimos just literally decided to investigate out of curiosity."

Deimos continued working on his stone knife. "James, could you hand me some of that fish?" he asked. He then turned to Dan. "Nice haul, of course, I won't eat it but if we get leaf-eaters who decide to join us, they'll love it."

James simply tossed two of the fish at Deimos who quickly gulped them down. He then got to work grilling the fish.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank continued to what he could keeping an eye out for the big meat eater with the red eye and red claw. As frank was taking what he could he began singing It's a long way to Tipperary in German. Frank thought back to before the war when he visted his family in Dresden. A snapping twig aroused his attention he drew his guns and waited.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
After waving to Dan, Cleve decided to talk a look around. He wasn't hungry, but his head was still filled with questions. While scouting the perimeters of the camp, Cleve noticed a jeep-like vehicle parked in the bush. It was futuristic and shiny, with a coat of white paint and lots of glass. He looked inside. The inside wasn't like any vehicle he has ever seen. A panel of instruments clustered about the steering wheel, just like an airplane. The windows had no cranks, and the vehicle had some sort of radio inside. By all means, it was futuristic. Cleve circled around to look at the make and model.

"Wait," Cleve shouted, "What is this? Why are you driving a Toyota? Don't you know that we're at war with the Japanese? How did you get this car?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan was looking through his sac to pick out a grape to eat then he looked at Cleve.

"Sounds like you're from the 1940's." He said.  

"Any sort of plate or something I can put these on?" Dan asked.

(ooc: I guess Dan has not moved his car here yet offscreen?)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"What do you mean?" Cleve asked inquisitively, "When are you from." Suddenly Cleve realized something. Instead of just plain teleportation, he has somehow traveled in time. That would explain those weird creatures attacking him and Frank eariler.

"How did you get here?" Cleve asked, "You weren't on the USS Eldridge during the Philadelphia Experiment..." Cleve quickly stopped talking. The experiment was supposed to be top secret.

A theory developed in Cleve's head. What if instead of accomplishing invisibility, the Philadelphia Experiment has somehow sent me forward in time? Cleve thought, Did this experiment send all these people here?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The war's been over for like 60 years," James replied, getting out some stainless steel plates and distributing them out.

"Sorry, I can't weigh in on this," Deimos said. He placed his stone knife on a rock and decided to walk around.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Did we win?" Cleve asked excitedly, "Did we manage to destroy Hitler and invade Japan?"

Cleve was somewhat relieved to hear that the US will win the war, but he was still nervous about the fact that he was stuck in the middle of nowhere with some strangers.

"So you guys are from the 2000s?" Cleve asked after a moment of thought, "Have we conquered the moon? Have we colonized Mars? Have we contacted any aliens yet? Have we..."

Cleve was suddenly interrupted.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank took alll that he had been able to salvage and started to carry everything that he had salvaged in his parachute and started to walk back to the where the others were. As he did he thought of his cousins who where fighting for Germany and wondered if any of them were still alive.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cleve instinctively drew out his gun. He heard a ruffle in the bush and pointed his M1911 at it. This time, he was armed and ready. However, instead of the a weird creature with with sharp teeth, Cleve found himself staring at the face of a close friend.

"Frank," Cleve yelled, "you're still alive!" Cleve rushed to greet his friend.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah there's not much that can stop me," frank said. Frank set the parachute that he had been carrying down and took the parts to one of the machine guns aside and handed the rest to james. "Here are some things from the plane some wires and general stuff like that," frank said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James lowered his shotgun as he saw Frank. "Japan was not invaded but the US won the war. We used two new bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. both bombs have the power to level entire cities. Emperor Hirohito surrendered after both cities were nearly destroyed," he said. "Men have landed on the moon in 1968. But we have not returned since then. Mars is still unexplored except by robots but we plan to send a manned mission sometime in 2020. And we have not contacted aliens yet."

"I'm sorry but I don't understand a damn thing you're talking about," Deimos said. He was busy whittling something from a tree branch he picked up and his stone knife.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"What about Dresden?" frank asked. "Was it rebuilt?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Rebuilt," James replied, passing out the grilled fish to everybody.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Good, it never should have been destroyed in the first place," frank said. "It's not easy fighting against my own country it's not like the last war this one is much worse and I fear the same thing will happen that happened at the end of the first world war." "I haven't seen any of my family in Germany since 1938 I don't know if they are alive or dead" a single tear fell down frank's face as he sat there eating his fish.