The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My youtube account, nearing termination

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
This doesn't look good, Youtube just deleted one of my videos, it's the "Kids like us" sing-along video. But, i sent a dispute claim after I uploaded that video. And it seems like youtube found a way to go through that dispute claim and delete my video.

I already have 2 strikes, one more, and it's the end for my account.  :cry
I need to find a way to pass through the copyrights without youtube finding any way to delete my videos.

Will mirrored videos work?  :neutral

BTW, i deleted the other videos that might result in another copyright infringement.
-Always There
-Things Change

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I doubt there is a way to "pass through copyright" on Youtube. Mirrored videos might delay it, but it could still be visually detected by someone on YT and they could report it.

Pokeplayer lost a chunk of vids on his account which were full of LBT songs. Seems the same thing is happening to you. My recommendation: don't upload any official LBT song vids from the movies.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mirrored videos tend to work for lbt, however for sing-alongs that's not a very wise idea. What you could do is cut the video in such a way that only the sing-along text is on screen, and not the actual image/video of LBT. That's what I had to do with several of the dutch singalongs as well. (Kids like us, Eggs)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I'm kinda glad I didn't join youtube. Youtube's sucking these days.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
If I just upload the .mp3 version of the songs. Will it still subject to copyright infringement?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Jun 24 2011 on  07:33 PM
If I just upload the .mp3 version of the songs. Will it still subject to copyright infringement?
For now, mp3s of the songs (Aside from "If We Hold On Together".) are okay, but there's no telling when Universal will pull the plug on that too.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I'm still on Youtube, but have yet to upload something as I don't know if I should or not.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 24 2011 on  09:28 PM
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Jun 24 2011 on  07:33 PM
For now, mp3s of the songs (Aside from "If We Hold On Together".) are okay, but there's no telling when Universal will pull the plug on that too.
I've seen some songs on Youtube that have been around for a while now, but it's like you said it's when they will pull the plug on it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You could just pur your videos under slightly inaccurate names.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Youtube is dead.  It's been dead for years.  Nowadays the only thing you can upload is a video of you singing opera in the shower - and I'm sure that won't even be allowed here pretty soon.  Go with another service or host the videos yourself.  Youtube is no longer an option.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have uploaded three song's and I have no had the issue. I guess the song's I used aren't copied righted or they haven't caught me you. And I joined youtube back in 2006 I stayed for to years and I quit for good. I quit because Satan a.k.a. know as Vicacom where suing the youtube community for thousands of dollars I like it was like 5,000 per video of there's or a picture of a show they owned. So I said blank it I signed off and never returned in three years. And as for you no there isn't a way around the copy rights with your videos. sorry to hear that you're getting in trouble for this.,

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 25 2011 on  08:27 AM
I have uploaded three song's and I have no had the issue. I guess the song's I used aren't copied righted or they haven't caught me you. And I joined youtube back in 2006 I stayed for to years and I quit for good. I quit because Satan a.k.a. know as Vicacom where suing the youtube community for thousands of dollars I like it was like 5,000 per video of there's or a picture of a show they owned. So I said blank it I signed off and never returned in three years. And as for you no there isn't a way around the copy rights with your videos. sorry to hear that you're getting in trouble for this.,
Youtube won that lawsuit, however. Didn't you know that?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I did but this was before they won the lawsuit charge.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What I'd like to know is why YouTube keeps going after LBT-related stuff? Is it really worth their time?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 25 2011 on  08:59 PM
What I'd like to know is why YouTube keeps going after LBT-related stuff? Is it really worth their time?
You know, I wonder that myself.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Universal is paying them to get rid of The Land Before Time. (After all, the head is an LBT hater.) Then again, I just laugh every time I have that thought.

Still, it is questionable.

Don't worry though, I've still got a few new homes for LBT stuff in mind. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah awesome that is good. I guess anything that it's owned and copy righted stuff. And you're using it with out asking permission.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Doesn't YouTube only crack down on stuff when it's requested of them by their copyright holders?  If so, Universal is protecting an investment meaning they may be thinking of starting up LBT again one day.  We can only hope.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Even if they aren't going to make more LBT, they might be planning something with the LBT already made, like offering online streaming of it, or selling the movies again or something.

Is Universal still getting any money from any of the movies showing on TV occasionally?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
I will try to upload only the .mp3 versions of the songs, once there is a warning of copyright, I better delete it, than disputing it but you don't know if that dispute claim worked or not. <_<

I guess we'll be the ones to preserve The Land Before Time, now and forever. Especially for those who have a large-scale collection of The Land Before Time.  ;)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy, Jun 26 2011 on  8:13 AM
Is Universal still getting any money from any of the movies showing on TV occasionally?

Depends on the contract the broadcasting company has with Universal. I think that contracts enabling you to pay once, re-air as much as you want are rare nowadays (the trend is to rent, not own stuff in every branch of the economy, from houses to computer programs, especially in Western Europe, North America and Australia), so the company most likely has to renew the contract after a certain amount of years or re-runs, so Universal still must be making money of LBT.
If you type "Broadcast License Agreement" in Google, you will find many examples of these contracts (none mentioning LBT, I'm afraid).