The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Have a Plan!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This thread is a discussion of possible thoughts going through the heads of the grownups in the third movie. I shall elaborate. When the children announced where the water was, if I heard correctly, four adults said they have a plan to free the water. Admittedly, I never once thought anything of this at all. But watching it today, it dawned on me. Just what kind of plans could they be coming up with? I mean, they have almost no details of the situation. They know it’s stuck in an unknown distance behind the Thundering Falls and that the flying rocks are the cause. That really isn’t saying much. So with little to go on, four adults almost instantly had a “plan” to free the water.

This thread is designed to speculate on what possible ideas they might have had. I am not resigning the option to be unusual here. I think that this thread would be more enjoyable if people can guess very logical conclusions and those that are rather outlandish, provided they are actually possible to be done, nothing like grabbing machine guns or casting lightning bolts. You see, the adults of the LBT can be very silly, just like how in eleven, that male got his head stuck and that female was chasing her own tail. So really silly ideas are not beyond the grownups of the Great Valley. So for those interested in this, I will start with a more likely, and I will end with something more unusual.

More likely:

“I have a plan! First, we should send flyers ahead to scout out the distance and the actual cause of the stoppage of flow. When they report back, we will send three groups who will travel together but at a distance at the same time. The back group will be strong fighters, the front will be our better fighters as well, but the middle group with be mostly those more nimble who aren’t made to do battle with just a few powerful ones. If they are attacked from behind, only the back group will stop and fight. The front group must continue in case they are assaulted from the front. Upon reaching the problem, the middle group will get to work on fixing it. If the middle group is attacked while working, the few fighters with them will hold off the sharpteeth as they finish, and when they do, they are to retreat to the nearest group entirely made up of fighters to help fend them off. If the middle group is not attacked, they are to assist other groups in any way they can until the entire threat is gone, and we can return home to a flowing Thundering Falls.”

Less likely:

“I say we cover ourselves with fruit juice so the sharpteeth won’t come near us, head over to the water, and figure out what to do. After we free the water, weĆ«ll celebrate by getting the goop off of us with a bath the likes of which the Great Valley has never seen!”

(Yes, plans can be extremely short.)

What do you guys think they might have had in mind?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the first idea. Imagine if they had writing like that in the series what it may look like.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What you said is a good idea. The sending out flyer's is a great idea to see if there is water first.