The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Surroundings

Kit12 · 709 · 30297

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Diver looked a bit fearfully at Longtail and said, "Are you sure he's not having some sort of a fit?" She asked with concern in her voice and backing away from Longtail and closer to Mim.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"So what are you doing here mr. muldoon,' frank asked. "Well I'm here to teach you security guys on how to take down big game with tranquilizer guns,' muldoon replied. "So where is mr hammond I would like to meet him,' muldoon said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh no, Longtail would not have a fit, he would't" Ducky tried to reassure. "Well...he might..." Cory admitted, "but Ducky's right, I don't think he is".

Now that Longtail had brought it to their attention, Kit noticed the scratch he mentioned, like a sharptooth bite. "D-did as sharptooth get you before all the smoking mountains exploded?" she asked. This was getting more confusing the more she thought about it, if they were near the Great Valley why didn't everything look burned or dried up like it should have?

~~~~

"Hammond?" a passing approved emplyee of the bar commented with a chuckle, "guy all but lives in the Incubator room now that the Park's looking more and more like it might be up and running" he commented half to Muldoon and half to himself

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail looked up at the wall with a curious eye. When Kit asked her question Longtail seemed to snap out of his trance and looked around now noticing everyone was here and looking at either him, or the wall. He sighed.
"No, Kit it wasn't a sharptooth. But I'm going to try and see if I can fly over this wall...everyone stay here!"
Longtail then flapped his wings and took to the sky. After a few moments he noticed somethng strange. Running along the top of the wall were three..and only three black vines. Ever the curious one, Longtail reached forward with his beak and bit down on the strange vines...and received a massive jolt of what felt like sky fire running through his body, and then was thrown against a nearby tree.
Longtail slid down the tree and landed at its base. He sat there for some time, and finally gave a short but crazy sounding laugh as he said, "I wanna do that again!"

~~~~~

Hammond smiled at the praise Henry was giving Pete. It was a nice thing for the young intern to feel as useful and welcome as the rest of the crew working here. John finished placing the baby rex into the incubator, but then several loud alarms went off.
"What just happened?!" he cried not having a single clue as to what was going on.

~~~~~

Near the wall

A loud siren could be heard in the distance along with a yellow flashnig light.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Diver looked not sure and Looked at Ducky, "Are you sure?"

Mim shrugged, "Maybe he's looking for something instead or testing something." She said looking at and attempting to form a hypothesis of his strange behavior.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank ran to the Incubator room closely followed by muldoon.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Seeing the huge spark of what looked like sky fire, only from the vine, most everyone seemed to rush as one over to where Longtail had landed, and he didn't look good.

"Longtail!" Littlefoot rushed up to try and see if the flyer was conscious, "Longtail, can you hear me?! Are you alright".

"Oh..." Ducky frowned, fearing the worst.

~~~~

Henry frowned, not having a clue either. Peter looked worried and watched as his uncle rushed over and looked at some of the computer terminals, even from here, not near the main computer room, the layout showed a picture that didn't make sense in Henry's mind straight off.

"Sir...it's the pens, some...holy!...Mr. Hammond, some of the pens that hold the carnivores have lost power!" Henry spun around, "I can't tell which, we should probably get to the main room for that and I can only pray Mr. Nedry's there trying to fix this!".

~~~~

(I...can't resist...)

Meanwhile, near one of the pens holding some of the grown Rex's a large green carnivore that had ever been known as Sharptooth, the one responsible for young Littlefoot's mother's death and whom Hammond's team and undone Littlefoot and some of his other friends job of killing, tested and snapped some of the ropes holding him in that infernal confusing space where only small furry creatures were flung at him every now and then.

Now though, as he stepped out and sniffed around, he smelle fresh meat...a very comforting concept to the penned carnivore. Most of it was other sharpteeth, not that he had a problem with that, but there was also the far of smell of flatteeth, as well as a nearby scent of egg snatcher.

Sharptooth ignored this, though, and moved off towards where more of the scent seemed congregated.

After he moved off, a young dinosaur peered out from beyond one of the pens outer boundaries where she'd hidden after sneaking in to explore this place.

The egg snatcher, Misty, didn't really know this Sharptooth, but she'd heard of him...and none of the stories whispered by flatteeth parents sounded good...they even sounded worse than Redclaw...if such was possible.

She quickly and stealthily rushed along to dart to the gate and begin to dig her way out past the first hole she found that was convenient.

"Hurry!...you guys gotta scatter...Sharptooth!" she called, continuing to dig and hoping one of what looked to be another group of kids would hear her.

As if focused on the hunt, or perhaps hearing a panicked screech that might undo what he intended, a roar echoed out across the air...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank and Muldoon arrived at the incubator room and after hearing what ha dhappend said "We still have some people in that area Shall I go out there with Mr Muldoon here and get them since they don't have raidos and they're in an area that not within walking distance to the gate,' frank asked hammond

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail blinked several times and as he tried to breath he let out a puff of smoke. He looked around for a minute before his gaze rested on Littlefoot. He then stuttered.
"I-Imma okay...c-can I...do that again...i-it was...fun!"

~~~~

Hammond turned around and slammed his cane down on the ground as he turned and screamed.
"GET THOSE FENCES BACK ONLINE NOW!!! We can't afford to lose any of the specimens in those cages! Especially not the revived Tyrannosaurs Rex...it could kill everything on this island if it got the chance!" John then walked over to a terminal and fell into a chair as he said in a shocked and loud voice...

"Frank, Muldoon, both of you need to get down there NOW!!! We have no time...I'll be sending a back up team to protect you two, but go now and get a head start, I don't want any deaths on my hands!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"What?" Diver said, not sure she had heard right.  Chomper and Mim looked over to where the voice had come from.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank nodded before he and muldoon ran for the garage. frank pulled out his modified whitley pistol modified to fire tranquilizer darts and loaded a round. "The garage will be on the next left,' frank told muldoon. "We must hurry,' muldoon replied.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sharp..." Misty tried to get out once more, but couldn't really speak until she'd fully dug herself past the fence. She sighed and jogged up, "A sharptooth" the young egg snatcher told them. "Headed this way!".

"From where?" Kit asked, spinning about to look in Misty's direction now. Just then the sound of something trying to but it's way past the gate sounded.

Littlefoot's eyes went wide, "Sorry Longtail, no time to do that again, we gotta move!" he nudged the other flyer up to either fly or ride as he needed.

"Oooh" Petrie groaned in fear, flapping up, "Me know this not Great Valley!" he started flapping off in the general direction everyone seemed to pick to head.

~~~~

Henry tapped through to the computer room, "Dennis...Dennis Nedry, tell me you're in that computer room right now, it's urgent!" Henry called, and silence issued forth.

"Figures..." Henry rushed over to grab a few of the vials and such from a table, "Ok, Pete, we're gonna have to get creative on top of the acutal fire arms right here for me to use...". A crude needle firer was quickly fashioned though, two actually.

This and a small gun he armed his nephew with.

"You stay here with Hammond, anything looking like a deadly dinosaur comes through that door, tranquilize it, it won't hurt the specimen", he wasn't sure if it was for Hammond's sake he added this, "If that doesn't work, go with plan B" he indicated the gun, "Good thing you have something of weapons training, While they're getting the warning out, I'm gonna go down to that computer room and see what can't be done, hopefully find Nedry on the way, plus get the word out for that back-up team, here's a walkie" he flung a walkie-talkie to his nephew who still in a stunned state, nonetheless caught it.

"I'll be right back" Henry promised the both of them before tearing on down thankfully the same building (?) to see what was going on at the computer room.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Dennis Nedry, not at the computer room, was crouched down trying to coach one of the easier looking specimens to move, a baby stegosaurus, out from under a bush. Luckily the little one wasn't alone and defenseless.

"Hey you, leave him alone!" Cera cried, rushing forward. Nedry heard the small triceratops bellow moments before being butted head first into the dirt. He sat up and spit, "Stupid little..." he  glared at the baby triceratops, "if they want to do horrible experiments you're gonna be the first!" he told the dinosaur who of course, on her end, just heard strange gruntings.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
frank and muldoon ran into the garage where frank grabbed the keys to a hummer. "Let's get going,' frank said as he put the pedal to the metal.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like we should get out of here." Mim said looking at the others.   "Anyone know the area around here well?" She asked.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well me sure Littlefoot...". Petrie began, before Cory, almost before thinking, interrupted, "I do". He hadn't really thought before speaking and now that he did think he may have been here a bit longer than the others but only by a few bright circles and even his exploring hadn't gone far...but still, everyone was looking at him now and he somehow felt he should know the way around here just off that.

He glanced around, some stuff did look familiar...and he had been here the longest he was guessing. Looked like it was up to him.

"Uh, yeah, there's um...stuff this way" Cory said, "come on". Petrie, Ducky and Kit glanced to Littlefoot and the longneck smiled, shrugging, "Well if Cory knows his way around here" he began to follow, which spurred the other three as well.

"What is this way, Cory?" Ducky asked. The crested swimmer turned to her, "Huh? Oh...uh, yeah" he struggled to remember, "I recall seeing another big cold wall of some sort, atleast it's away from that wall".

Misty debated what to do, the other kids might need help but then, she should get away too. She wandered off in another direction yet determined to keep her eye on them if she bumped into these flatteeth again.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As muldoon and frank raced in the hummer toward the gate muldoon asked "Aren't we going to fast'. "Not at all,' frank replied. "What about the gate,' muldoon asked. We ain't taking the gate frank said taking the jump. As muldoon held on the the seat for dear life frank rolled down the window and yelled out 'Yeeeeeeeeha!' the hummer landed by dennis and slid fo 25 feet after frank slammed on the brake.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail at that moment tried to stand, but he couldn't feel his legs...come to think of it, he couldn't feel his body at all! He then slumped to the ground again and groaned as he asked with a embarrassed grin:
"U-uhhh...littlefoot? C-can I r-ride on your b-back? I...I can't stand up...or f-feel my body at all."

~~~~

Hammond moved to another computer and pushed several buttons. "This...is not supposed to be here." He then looked up at Pete and Henry as he said, "both of you come here and look at this...there are hatchling dinosaurs in the main park area. But...that shouldn't be. Where did they come from?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper hurried over to Longtail.  "Are you ok, what's wrong?" He asked.  

Mim came over to look him over, "I think He'll be ok, just needs to rest I think." She looked at Littlefoot, "He wants to ride on your back, do you mind?" She asked as she tried to pick up Longtail.

"I want to help to." Chomper said eager to help.

Mim nodded and smiled, "Ok, you can help me to pick him up.  We can't leave him to lay on the ground." She said.

"Gee, thanks." Chomper said as he tried to help Mim to pick up Longtail.

Diver stood where she was, not wanting to get into anyone's way, "I hope he'll be ok, I certainly do." She said with her hands clasp together and worry on her face.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank drove up a little closer to dennis before stopping the hummer and putting it in park leaving the engine running.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot turned to Longtail with a smile, "Sure, hop on" he helped the flyer up and then continued following Cory. The swimmer just kept that other big wall in his sights. "So...uh, Littlefoot" he asked, "I know first thing is to just avoid whatever's trying to break free from that other wall, but do you think we should head towards that next one" he pointed, "or, head for some bushes or something".

"Me thought you in charge 'cause you been here longer?" Petrie asked.

"Hey, I can ask for suggestions can't I?" Cory asked.

~~~~

Dennis started back at the appearance of the jeep next. He frowned, standing, "Well that's just nice, scare a fellow half to death when he's just...checking up on some of the specimans" Dennis covered for his actions.

"What's the big idea?" he asked. He hoped he could get them out of here soon so he could get on with trying to nab and run off with that baby stegosaurus at least.

~~~~

Returning into the room, Henry came back over at Hammond's call and looked. "Hmm, yeah, we're not suppose to have anything like that out there, I should know I've been monitoring the hatchings in here. We've got maybe adolescent Raptor in the pen but other than that it should be adults and the babies in here" he indicated the incubators.

Peter frowned, "A-are you saying someone's...made unauthorized dinosaurs?" he asked. Henry shook his head, "I can't see how, but then I can't think up what would explain that either" he pointed to the screen.