The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jungle Book

Kit12 · 442 · 27126

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As she returned to the jungle she hadn't been in since her own cub hood days, Namita couldn't help thinking back to the friends she'd had here...and almost instantly wondering how Bagheera personally was doing, but...she wondered on the others too.

A group of birds chattering to each other as they fluttered about caught her interest. She peered up, and as they flew pretty close down, she was able to grab one of their attention.

"Um, excuse me, but...what are you all but celebrating?" she asked.

"Oh, haven't you heard?!" one of the birds turned to her, "Shere Khan has been defeated, again, and by the man cub again! The whole jungle has heard by now of how he is stuck in the bottom of a pit to bother us no more".

As the panther looked a mix of shocked and confused to hear of Shere Khan's fate yet nothing of why, the bird smiled apologetically, "but of course, you're new here", he landed and went through the tale starting with what he general animals knew of the man cub's finding to his fleeing when Shere Khan returned on to later when he and the tiger seemed to reappear at the same time.

"Oh my..." Namita frowned to hear it all, apparently the prideful cub she'd last seen had grown a site more bitter over the years. She wondered why, really.

"Well...I guess it's good the jungle being at peace, though still regrettable" she sighed.

Not really getting and kind of ignoring the later part, the bird flapped up, "Yes, and I must spread this peace news on!" he said, flying off with his fellows.

Namita watched them go and then shook her head, "Shere Khan an all out tyrant against innocent man cubs now...gosh, who'd have thought...".

~~~~

Meanwhile, in the pit Mowgli had trapped him in, the 'all out tyrant' was anything but happy, his swipes had since freed him, though with a tight squeeze, from the skull, but now he was in a worse predicament...he still was surrounded by lava and trapped.

At least that buzzard had finally left! Shere Khan would have tortured him to extents even he would have found quite mean if the chatty thing hadn't eventually been pulled along by his fellows (ooc:...yeah, Lucky did survived right...)

"This...is beyond below what a king of the jungle should be treated like!" Shere Khan had worked tirelessly to go from a cub once laughed at by an orangutan to someone who chocked the very words from an animals mouth before they could even think of doing such a dangerous act as laugh at him...though it didn't stop some bird brains...

"Stuck in a pit..." he leapt to try and climb from the pit once more, though fell to the precarious slabe of rock floating in the lava once more, "...and the jungle celebrates a man cub his indignity rather than sides wiht me!". He leapt and missed once more, growling in frustration and rage.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Suddenly, a large log was carefully pushed into the pit, allowing a path for Shere Khan to escape.

"I wanted to help you out," said a female voice, soon revealed to be Allison!

(OOC: Yup, Lucky did survive.)

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shere Khan glanced up in surprise, then got a more neutral facial expression.

"A-Allison...well, this...is a surprise" he tried to hide such from his voice though, well, it was someone who didn't hate him now... he pondered.

"Uh, well then a stand corrected" he said, walking along the log to exit the pit, "though you know" he, oddly, meant Allison herself no harm, being a fellow tiger and one who'd helped him, yet there was a dangerous seriousness to his voice, "there are those in this jungle who would hate you for freeing me"

~~~~

Namita moved off deeper into the jungle, semi-lost in thought about this whole thing as she walked...causing her to all but walk straight into a tree and hit her head on it.

"Ow" she muttered, since it hadn't hurt too bad, just been embarrassing. She rubbed at her head, "Well that wasn't graceful in any meaning of the word..." she muttered to herself, "lovely upholding of jungle cat dignity there, Namita" she semi-scolded herself.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, I'm on your side Shere Khan," Allison assured. "I couldn't leave you down here."

~~~~~~~~~`

Elsewhere, Bagheera was practicing his hunting.  Little did he know he was about to encounter an old friend.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well...I thankyou for it", Shere Khan wasn't use to saying that T word much...or ever really, "though there's a man cub about who probably won't..." he frowned, "the little cur humiliated me, don't know if you heard about that one. Just one more to the list of everything men have done to me, and they...the rest of the jungle's never understood" he shook his head.

~~~~

As Namita moved along, she suddenly came upon a section of the jungle where everything seemed quieter, and slowed her steps accordingly.

Glancing about she soon spotted a wounded buffalo hobbling along. Her stomach reminded her how it had been a few days since her last successful hunt, yet also this one was hurt and in pain, it would also be a mercy of putting him out of that pain.

Namita crouched down, keeping her eyes leveled on the buffalo moving along and waiting to see if a perfect moment for striking would come.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bagheera, from a different angle, was about to pounce on the same buffalo. "1......2......3..." he whispered to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Well, I understand," Allison said, helping Khan out of the pit.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As Namita watched, preparing herself for her own pounce, the buffalo raised it's head, sensing something in the air...but then pushed it aside.

"...and...now" Namita whispered to herself, leaping out.

The buffalo jerked with a bellow and began to hobble off as Namita noticed herself collide head first with something or someone else.

"What the..." she stumbled back to then paused in shock.

"B-Bagheera....?" she whispered, somehow, even grown, she'd know him anywhere.

~~~~

"Really..." Shere Khan wasn't used to any other animals understanding so much. He gave a small smile, before it faded to his more neutral collected expression, "Well just thought I'd explain the situation to you so when and if we did meet up with 'the others' as you might still be thinking about them...".

Khan hadn't alluded even to his cubhood days...well since shortly after them, and it brought a bitter taste to his mouth to remember how weak he had once been.

"...we, don't speak", that was the simplest way to put it.

"So, how about this still king of the jungle show you around with a grand tour?" he gave a small smile to Allison

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'd love that," Allison smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Namita?" Bageheera asked back, not expecting his cubhood crush to be back.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Somehow the simple fact of Allison taking up his offer of a tour was a duty that made Shere Khan feel more important than he had with any of the other fear and respect he'd won from the rest of the jungle.

"Well then, I suppose we should start off this way, though with stealth since, as I said, no sense letting everyone know I'm undefeated...with help of course...so soon".

~~~~

Namita smiled as she glanced down awkwardly, "Uh...yeah, hi...kinda sudden notice I know, just showing up but I...well found myself back by this way again".

She noticed the path the buffalo had escaped down, "and it looks like I just ruined your hunt, sorry about that" she went on.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Nothing to worry about," Bagheera assured. "I'll be able to find another lunch later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gotcha," Allison nodded, "Where should we start?"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Namita couldn't help smiling once more, "Gosh, and once again you seem to take...well just everything well" she said. She next swat at the dirt a bit awkwardly, "So uh...", she looked for something, anything to say.

"How...how have you been?".

~~~~

"Well, first I suppose would be showing off the splendor that is my territory and section of the jungle that is mine...for when I'm around here" Shere Khan said, "as befits a king, it is the best spot".

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm sure you're right," Allison agreed, interested in seeing Shere Khan's territory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine, especially since this whole man cub issue has been resolved," Bagheera replied to Namita.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Of course I'm right" Shere Khan said, "has being away this long made you forget, I'm always right" he flashed her a prideful smile.

~~~~

Namita nodded, "Yeah, I...heard about that, both incidents; the bird's you know, they're kinda chatty" she explained, "and, I think it's great, what you did for the boy both saving him and then watching out for him like that" she smiled.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
RJ who had gone back to this part part of the jungle for Nostalgic purposes looked around wth a sigh. :This place brings back so many memories" RJ said. Just like when he was a cub his hunting skills had never really gotten any better. Sure, he had tried to be better at it but unfortunately to no avail. He was hoping maybe he could run in to one of his friends.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: I was just wondering what to do with Hathi... :D

Almost on cue of RJ's thoughts, a rhythmic pounding began up and a troop of elephants, the one upfront carrying a stick used for keeping command and demonstration purposes held in his trunk as he lead the line on, tree's falling in and patrol's wake.

"Hup two three four, keep in up two three four" they elephants chanted, "Oh we march from here to there, and it...".

the song abruptly ended as one of about the middle elephants spotted RJ whom they were quickly approaching...and not use to any but one tiger in these parts...

"Shere Khan!" the elephants shrieked, and despite his size and fellows being a huge detourant, the 'soldier' began to panic like a little calf, causing panic in the others.

The only elephants remaining calm were Cornel Hathi, his mate Winifred and their son Elliot, who just watched the adults in confused awe.

"Back bone soldiers, back bone!" Cornel Hathi yelled, trying to regain control of his troop, "Shere Khan's been dealt with remember, that tiger can't be him, besides he's too scrawny!".

Hathi pointed his stick towards the tiger he didn't recognize yet. The troop paused a bit in consideration of this.

(ooc: LOL I have no idea if RJ would count as 'scrawny' I just figured Hathi should say it :D)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh yeah, I forgot," Allison apologized.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't mention it," Bagheera replied, "I'm just glad the whole man cub incident is behind me."

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kit12,Sep 3 2009 on  12:07 AM
OOC: I was just wondering what to do with Hathi... :D

Almost on cue of RJ's thoughts, a rhythmic pounding began up and a troop of elephants, the one upfront carrying a stick used for keeping command and demonstration purposes held in his trunk as he lead the line on, tree's falling in and patrol's wake.

"Hup two three four, keep in up two three four" they elephants chanted, "Oh we march from here to there, and it...".

the song abruptly ended as one of about the middle elephants spotted RJ whom they were quickly approaching...and not use to any but one tiger in these parts...

"Shere Khan!" the elephants shrieked, and despite his size and fellows being a huge detourant, the 'soldier' began to panic like a little calf, causing panic in the others.

The only elephants remaining calm were Cornel Hathi, his mate Winifred and their son Elliot, who just watched the adults in confused awe.

"Back bone soldiers, back bone!" Cornel Hathi yelled, trying to regain control of his troop, "Shere Khan's been dealt with remember, that tiger can't be him, besides he's too scrawny!".

Hathi pointed his stick towards the tiger he didn't recognize yet. The troop paused a bit in consideration of this.

(ooc: LOL I have no idea if RJ would count as 'scrawny' I just figured Hathi should say it :D)
"Shere Khan? Where?" RJ said looking around nervously. RJ then growled a bit hearing the last part this leader said. "And just who do you think you're calling "Scrawny""? RJ said.

He thought about how he had reacted. "Look I'm very sorry. I just don't respond well to being called "Scrawny". My name is RJ and I have just stopped by. I remember this place from when I was a kid and stopped by for a visit. " RJ said. Trying to be a bit more polite.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was another pleasant surprised to be agreed with rather than argued with...but the, Allison had always been good at that, backing him up.

Shere Khan wasn't sure if this sudden feeling was true gratitude, but whatever it was

"And here we are" he said, "where the trees are greenest just all but drawing the herds is despite their better judgement, is my neck of the jungle" Shere Khan indicated about him to where they'd ended up.

~~~~

Namita couldn't help giggling at Bagheera saying it again, "Well gosh Bagheera, you almost sound like you don't like the kid" she said, though still in a laughing tone.

Something about finding out Bagheera was still as serious as he'd been as a cub was both refreshing and also amusing.

~~~~

The elephants did calm down as this tiger spoke and definitely wasn't Shere Khan.

"RJ..." Hathi thought, "Yes, the name does sound familiar...I believe...yes I believe a soldier I saved in battle once had that name...back in 88 it was..." he rambled on.

Winifred (who I'll look after until she get's a player or such) rolled her eyes, "Oh for heaven's sake...didn't you tell me you knew an RJ back as a cub, Hathi?" she asked.

Hathi frowned, thinking, "Well that's a possibility too, I think..." he pondered to see if he could recall.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh, I do like him," Bagheera said, "But the man cub can be a real nuisance sometimes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So these are your hunting grounds?" Allison asked Shere Khan.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wait a minute did you say his name was Hathi? It's so nice to see you again. I remember when we were kids. "  RJ said.