The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jungle Book

Kit12 · 442 · 27128

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Namita nodded, "Well from what I've seen I guess kids are just that way...well all kids but you at that age" she finished with a smile, remembering.

~~~~

"Yes, though...by rights, all the jungle is also" Shere Khan answered.

~~~~

"Kids..." Hathi struggled to recall back to his calfhood days.

"You remember dear" Winifred said, "you were shorter, all around smaller and more obnoxious" she grinned.

Hathi did recall, "I remember a certain someone not making good first impressions" he shot back, before turning to RJ, "but yes, of course I recall you now, that other tiger cub to come through, well how have you been old boy" Hathi asked.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I know," Bagheera chuckled lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cool," commented Allison. "By the way....you're pretty handsome," she complimented.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kit12,Sep 3 2009 on  07:10 PM
Namita nodded, "Well from what I've seen I guess kids are just that way...well all kids but you at that age" she finished with a smile, remembering.

~~~~

"Yes, though...by rights, all the jungle is also" Shere Khan answered.

~~~~

"Kids..." Hathi struggled to recall back to his calfhood days.

"You remember dear" Winifred said, "you were shorter, all around smaller and more obnoxious" she grinned.

Hathi did recall, "I remember a certain someone not making good first impressions" he shot back, before turning to RJ, "but yes, of course I recall you now, that other tiger cub to come through, well how have you been old boy" Hathi asked.
(One little question do you mind if I add in RJ'S kid Kyano? He was adopted by RJ)

RJ laughed. "Well things have been going great for me Haili? And I can see you developed into quite the leader of this uhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. I guess you'd call it a herd. Anyway other then that I have been taking care of my adopted son. He's somewhere around here" RJ said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: That's fine Dash, I've been playing with the idea of a kid character for this generation to bring in myself, Namita's nephew (her brother Basdev's kid) Miko whom she's watching and...yeah I think I can make it work with the current situation.)

"But never stuffy, whatever Baloo might have said" Namita assured with a smile, "In fact I always kinda thought...".

A sudden movement from the bushes interrupted Namita and a little ball of black fur with blue eyes rolled out.

"Miko..." Namita sighed. The cub leapt up, "Aunt N'ita, guess what?!" he said excitedly, "I just scared a lizard, well 'lest I almost scared it, I gotta actually learn to roar before I can scare anything, but it was like this close to being scared!" he held up his two fingers of his paws together to show a little bit.

Namita smiled apologetically at Bagheera, "Speaking of kids who are a pawful...uh you probably recall my older brother Basdev, well...I'm kind of in charge of his son after an...incident" she glanced aside a bit sadly.

The little one, Miko, turned to face Bagheera looking quizzical, then brightened "Oh you're Aunt N'ita's friend she said we might meet up with again who she said she still has the crush o-".

Namita quickly clamped a paw over the cub's mouth and pulled him over, embarrassed flush coming to her cheeks. "That's...uh, quite enough out of you young cub" she said through the grit teeth of an embarrassed grin.

She wondered if after all the other kid trouble Bagheera just said he endured they shouldn't just moved on

~~~~

Shere Khan turned, only looking surprised for a bit, "Oh right...I almost forgot your little habit of...just saying things..." he cleared his throat, "Well...thankyou, I've...sort of noticed such from time to time" eh ran a paw over his head fur, "but nice of you to notice. You...um, well most definitely hold up appearance wise to be seen with me..." he went on, actually trying for a compliment

~~~~

"Well thankyou sir" Hathi said to the compliment, "and yes, I've done quite the job since those far gone seasons of whipping this crew into shape, I'm a Cornel and all now you might have heard, took over for Winifred's uncle and all" (ooc: I always assumed that's where Hathi's herd came from since in the show Winifred's uncle sort of ran a herd).

Elliott paid attention to a different part of the story though, "A son?" the little calf came around to look at the tiger talking to his dad, "like...around my age?" he pried, thinking he might get another friend out of all this; he didn't have alot as it was besides Mowgli, but he was in the manvillage.

"A yes, sons, speaking of which" Hathi indicated Elliott, "mine".

"Oh, yes right, Pop says it's proper to introduce yourself, I just sort of almost forgot" Elliott clicked his heels and saluted with his trunk, "how do you do sir, I'm Elliott" he said with a bright smile.

OOC: Aw, couldn't you just imagine the three little kids, Elliott, Kyano and Miko, forming a friends group kinda similar to what their assorted guardians did :D Just thought of that.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bagheera managed to make out the word Miko was about to say.

"I was your childhood crush eh?" he asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks," Allison replied.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shere Khan just smiled and nodded, "So, I suppose you'll be wanting to see the less important parts of the jungle next?" he asked.

~~~~

Namita was sure she was blushing a full on pink against the black fur of her cheeks, "Uh..s-sorta, yeah" she said averting her gaze but casing a glance to see how Bagheera would take this news.

Miko just glanced between the two with a smile, grown-ups were so fun to watch sometimes. His attention was diverted by a frog hopping by, though.

"Oh you picked a bad day to cross this hunter's path..." he told the little thing, crouching down and then pouncing for it...the frog just hopped off. Miko stood, still in sight of his aunt, as she'd always told him to stay, and fixed his gaze on the thing again, preparing to try again.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"A little hunter, is he?" Bagheera smiled at Namita's nephew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sure," Allison nodded.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kit12,Sep 3 2009 on  09:27 PM
(OOC: That's fine Dash, I've been playing with the idea of a kid character for this generation to bring in myself, Namita's nephew (her brother Basdev's kid) Miko whom she's watching and...yeah I think I can make it work with the current situation.)

"But I never stuffy, whatever Baloo might have said" Namita assured with a smile, "In fact I always kinda thought...".

A sudden movement from the bushes interrupted Namita and a little ball of black fur with blue eyes rolled out.

"Miko..." Namita sighed. The cub leapt up, "Aunt 'Nita, guess what?!" he said excitedly, "I just scared a lizard, well 'lest I almost scared it, I gotta actually learn to roar before I can scare anything, but it was like this close to being scared!" he held up his two fingers of his paws together to show a little bit.

Namita smiled apologetically at Bagheera, "Speaking of kids who are a pawful...uh you probably recall my older brother Basdev, well...I'm kind of in charge of his son after an...incident" she glanced aside a bit sadly.

The little one, Miko, turned to face Bagheera looking quizzical, then brightened "Oh you're Aunt 'nita's friend she said we might meet up with again who she said she still has the crush o-".

Namita quickly clamped a paw over the cub's mouth and pulled him over, embarrassed flush coming to her cheeks. "That's...uh, quite enough out of you young cub" she through the grit teeth of an embarrassed grin.

She wondered if after all the other kid trouble Bagheera just said he endured they shouldn't just moved on

~~~~

Shere Khan turned, only looking surprised for a bit, "Oh right...I almost forgot your little habit of...just saying things..." he cleared his throat, "Well...thankyou, I've...sort of noticed such from time to time" eh ran a paw over his head fur, "but nice of you to notice. You...um, well most definitely hold up appearance wise to be seen with me..." he went on, actually trying for a compliment

~~~~

"Well thankyou sir" Hathi said to the compliment, "and yes, I've done quite the job since those far gone seasons of whipping this crew into shape, I'm a Cornel and all now you might have heard, took over for Winifred's uncle and all" (ooc: I always assumed that's where Hathi's herd came from since in the show Winifred's uncle sort of ran a herd).

Elliott paid attention to a different part of the story though, "A son?" the little calf came around to look at the tiger talking to his dad, "like...around my age?" he pried, thinking he might get another friend out of all this; he didn't have alot as it was besides Mowgli, but he was in the manvillage.

"A yes, sons, speaking of which" Hathi indicated Elliott, "mine".

"Oh, yes right, Pop says it's proper to introduce yourself, I just sort of almost forgot" Elliott clicked his heels and saluted with his trunk, "how do you do sir, I'm Elliott" he said with a bright smile.

OOC: Aw, couldn't you just imagine the three little kids, Elliott, Kyano and Miko, forming a friends group kinda similar to what their assorted guardians did :D Just thought of that.
" Oh, hello Elliot. It's awfully nice to meet you." RJ said with a smile.

"Well he's either around your age or maybe just a little bit younger.I'm sure you and him will make great friends" RJ said winking at Elliot seeing what he was getting at.

Kyano wasn't very welcome with other cubs. He had heard the story all to well from him. Kyano wasn't one who made a lot of friends. And it had been quite some time since he actually had a friend to play with.

Now if only he could find him.

Just then he felt an all to familiar pounce as Kyano playfully pounced his dad.

"I gotcha real good that time daddy. I was in the tree. I've been getting really good at climbing and pouncing" Kyano said.

"So I've noticed" RJ said with a grimace.

Kyano looked over at Elliot with a friendly smile.

"Oh that's right, Kyano this is Elliot's. He is Hathi's son." RJ introduced.

"Hathi? Isn't he that guy you were friends with as a cub? You have told me the stories about when you were a cub like 900 gagillion times." Kyano said.

Kyano got off RJ eager to make a friend with Elliot.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"In the making, yes" Namita replied with a smile of her own. Noticing that both of them were looking at him, Miko turned and the frog hopped away. The cub didn't seem to mind too much though.

He walked back over, "Yeah, I-I'm pretty good" he gave Bagheera his own answer to the question addressed to his aunt, "I've almost caught stuff like...lots of times" he said with a smile. He'd forgotten the actual number of 'almost' successes.

~~~~

"Then allow me to show you" Shere Khan said, as they headed out. "I should patrol and make sure everyone's behaving anyway" he went on, once more hinting at the authority he held around here, if only by fear tactics.

~~~~

Elliott smiled at the tiger cub as he leapt down, "Hi, I'm Elliott, but then your dad just told you that I guess" he gave another smile, "and my dad's mentioned himself 900 gagillion times too, with all the great stuff he's done" he added with a laugh.

"Well all true you know..." Hathi said, a bit put out with the way Elliott said that, as he turned to once more see how this troop was doing.

"Soldiers! Straighter line there, even when not marching we have to look like a united front!" he slightly scolded, the other elephants immediately straightening up.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kit12,Sep 4 2009 on  09:11 AM
"In the making, yes" Namita replied with a smile of her own. Noticing that both of them were looking at him, Miko turned and the frog hopped away. The cub didn't seem to mind too much though.

He walked back over, "Yeah, I-I'm pretty good" he gave Bagheera his own answer to the question addressed to his aunt, "I've almost caught stuff like...lots of times" he said with a smile. He'd forgotten the actual number of 'almost' successes.

~~~~

"Then allow me to show you" Shere Khan said, as they headed out. "I should patrol and make sure everyone's behaving anyway" he went on, once more hinting at the authority he held around here, if only by fear tactics.

~~~~

Elliott smiled at the tiger cub as he leapt down, "Hi, I'm Elliott, but then your dad just told you that I guess" he gave another smile, "and my dad's mentioned himself 900 gagillion times too, with all the great stuff he's done" he added with a laugh.

"Well all true you know..." Hathi said, a bit put out with the way Elliott said that, as he turned to once more see how this troop was doing.

"Soldiers! Straighter line there, even when not marching we have to look like a united front!" he slightly scolded, the other elephants immediately straightening up.
"So Elliot ya wanna play? I'm good with any game you come up with. " Kyano said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, I don't think I should challenge you at tag" Elliott said with a small laugh, "but...how 'bout..." the calf thought for a bit, "Hide and Seek".

Hathi turned at this, "I say, isn't that that game where you purposefully hide from even you parents knowing where you are?" he asked having reservations about that part of the game.

"Well, we'd stay close around here, Pop, promise" Elliott said.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, please dad can I play Hide and Seek with Elliot? We promise to stay real close." Kyano said with the best sad puppy dog face je could begging RJ to say yes. " All right you can go play Hide and Seek with Elliot as long as you stay near the herd and me at all times. If you can't see us then you have played to far away. Other then that have fun." RJ said.

"YAY"Kyano said happily and hugged his father's paw tightly. "Thanks dad.!" Kyano said. "So do you wanna be it first or should I?" Kyano asked happily to Elliot.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Then lead the way," Allison encouraged. There was something she was going to tell Shere Khan later. One of the reasons she came back was because she wanted cubs....

~~~~~~~~~

"Well, you will improve over time young one," Bagheera told the little panther.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Um, I'll let you pick first which you'd rather do" Elliott said, eager to make his new friend happy, "it' doesn't matter to me".

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Great then you can be it first.  Count to 60 and no peeking" Kyano said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Right, it's right this way" Shere Khan said, leading the way with his head held high, yet sticking to the more hidden parts of the shrubbery.

They soon came upon a herd of buffalo standing just on their side of a small river bed.

Shere Khan saw this as a chance of visually showing his authority. "Any other jungle cat" he told Allison, "when not hunting would just pass by, but...that would be subservient" he grinned before stepping out with a proud air and giving an impressive roar with one message 'scat'.

The herd jerked, bellowing, and soon did disperse from about the river bed.

"and as for breaking our cover, ah well a true king can only hide so long" he smirked again. Actually he doubted the dumb beasts would 'talk' much.

~~~~

"Yeah, that's what everyone says" Miko sighed with a frown, "Gotta wait 'till I'm older".

~~~~

"Ok" Elliott moved over to a nearby tree and put his trunk over his eyes as well as leaned against the tree trunk.

"One...two...three..." he started counting.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kyano smiled and made sure Elliot wasn't peeking and then Kyano ran off trying to find the most perfect hiding spot he could find. He hid himself as well as he could behind a big tree. And covered his mouth trying to suppress a giggle.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That was impresive!" Allison complimented. Then she got a bit nervous and turned to Khan. "Shere Khan.......since I came back here, there's somethin I've been meaning to ask you....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Value your youth," Bagheera told the young panther, "When you get to be my age you'll wish you were a cub again."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"...uh, twenty, I think...yeah" Elliott made sure he was keeping good count and went on.

"...fifty nine, sixty, ok you better be ready 'cause here I come!" Elliott turned around with a big smile and scanning began to walk off looking for Kyano.

As he walked past the herd, he frowned, "Wait...did I tell him he coudln't go up into the trees" Elliott pointed with his trunk, suddenly thinking of that.

His mother smiled, "Um no dear, I believe you forgot that rule".

"Oh..." Elliott thought, "well if he did I'll just mention it next time" Elliott walked on. Winifred hid a smile.

Elliott continued to scan about, trying to spot out tiger stripes.

~~~~

"Yeah, but you can do everything now" Miko told Bagheera, about grown panthers in general.

Namita laughed, "Trust me Miko when you have to do your own hunting rather than have it done for you, you'll miss it".

"Yeah, I guess" Miko admitted. He hadn't thought about that.

~~~~

Shere Khan turned, "Oh, and what might that be?" he asked.

~~~~
(ooc: More temping)

Meanwhile, near the man-village, one not quite grown man was close to a panic. Mowlgi hoped up to the top of the gate surrounding the village and peered across the waterway into the dense underbrush.

Small feet prints made a tell tale trail in the sand and Mowgli leapt down, examining them. He sighed, "Ranjan...". His little brother of the family to have taken Mowgli in had hobbled off into the jungle again...only this time shockingly without Mowlgi!

"Oh if you get yourself hurt, I am so dead!" Mowgli quickly leapt across the rocks and into the brush to search out the small kid.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well.....I was wanting to know.....if you would want cubs?" Allison managed to say.