The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mob Land RP

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not seen any gangster films or maybe not much, apart from stuff I saw as a kid in the same sort of or similar genre.

The only character idea I have is either someone who has a lot of toon gadgets since either he buys them having the money to do so, or he makes them.  Not sure of his occupation.  I do have some toon rpg books, one is the toon ace catalog that has some stuff like I've used in the toon rp, the trenchcoat of many pockets, and the clue finding magnifying glass (it looks like a sherlock holmes style magnifying glass and makes clues very obvious to any who uses the magnifying glass to look for one.  Jet pens (1use only per pen) and other things.  Though that may not fit the rp.   Not sure which would fit, his being an animated character or a fleshy human.  Don't think I'm naturally funny enough to pull off doing a toon character.  Though you may not have animated characters in the rp, unlike the toon world rp where there are different sorts.

Thought none of that will likely fit.  The only fc's I can think of that are from almost the 30's are Tarzan, Doc Savage, the blue beetle old time radio (1940) , The Avenger old time radio (1941-42).

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK, I think we need to run this through again:

The main genre for this RP is 20s/30s gangland.  This in general can make this RP a crossover of real and film characters, serious and cartoony, and modified any way we like.  We can use real individuals of the era, and any characters, live-action and animated, from any film, TV, and maybe even radio.  To put it simply, it's mobland Toon Town.

Wikipedia is a good place to look up on real gangsters and lawmen, and if you want to touch them up, like make them furries and such, then it's fine.  And there are plenty of shows of the genre and era.  Here's a sample list:

The Untouchables
The Godfather series
Jim Henson's Dog City
All Dogs Go To Heaven (1st movie)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (set in the late 40s, but similar genre)
Peter Gun (same as above)
Balto (set in the 20s, so it might fit too)
The Shadow (radio program)
some Looney Tunes episodes
a couple Tale Spin episodes

And others I can't remember...

Kor, your ideas work fine.  You can only be limited by your own imagination.  The only standards for this RP is the time era 20s & 30s, and anything gangster or mobster, and their polar opposites.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll probably play some of the Balto characters.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess a gedeteer/inventor wouldn't fit.  He would be one of the folks who invents/makes some of the toon gadgets seen in the roger rabbit movie and some cartoons.  And some not seen like Clue point out magnifying glass, boxing glove ring, button, deluxe trenchcoat of many pockets, a whistle to call a black cat to appear to cross the path of someone bothering you, & other things.