The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fic

Ducky123 · 254 · 31305

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you :smile yeah.. Greg is just ... :slap
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 4: Vendetta

"Some years ago two gigantic Sharpteeth entered our home, the Great Valley! Although our valley was protected by a big wall, they were able to break into the valley. Of course they were noticed quickly. As we do today we gathered trying to drive those Sharpteeth out of our valley. The Sharpteeth were tough and hard to beat but due to our majority, we could drive them back. Then, nearby an abyss, my daughter pushed one of the two into this very abyss. He was never seen  or heard of again. The remaining Sharptooth was extremely furious. Since he had no chance in a fight against us, he flew off into the Mysterious Beyond!"
"I'm afraid that he is on a vendetta now!" Grandma finished the story.
"Yeah, it's hard to guess who he wants to get rid of!" the Threehorn shouted sarcastically earning him a few furious glares.
"I'll leave him toothless if he makes it to me!" Littlefoot's Mother shouted grimly.
"Pterano, keep on the lookout for these beasts!" the Threehorn ordered. Pterano obeyed him though he didn't like the way of the Threehorn spoke to him at all.
When he came back, he had bad news...

The Sharptooth had indeed allowed his followers to have a break since the leafeaters were well organized so they would be harder to beat. Though he would beat them, even if it is the last thing he did... Finally, he would be able to avenge his brother! He had gathered loyal Fastbiter-followers for years; he wandered through the land in search of trustworthy followers... and now he didn't even need to set foot into this bloody Great Valley... This day seemed to be a lucky one.
He was still able to remember every tiny detail. He recognized every leafeater that had battled him and his brother back then and he especially recognized the murderer of his brother. How could he even forget her glance after she had pushed HIM into this abyss... pure pleasure!
If only he had been able to fight her, one-on-one as it should be… but she would be protected so he would need to take on the others first. Too bad that that damned spy had told them it's him. He would have been able to attack them, take them by surprise and no one would have recognised him in time.
He felt it was time to attack.
<Enough resting! We're going to attack now!>
The Fastbiters stood up and got ready. They hadn't had a meal in a while so they were even more motivated to take on the leafeaters.
<Kill as many as possible! But don't attack the killer of my beloved brother… she belongs to me…>
The group made their way to the leafeaters...

"They are attacking!!!" Pterano screamed from a distance. He made a rough landing. "They're coming..."
"Fine! Everyone to their positions but keep some distance between each other!" the Threehorn barked.
He created the lineup: rightmost the Spiketails, next to them the Threehorns, then the Swimmer Daddy, Mr. Clubtail, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck and leftmost Greg, who declared he would fight on the end of the lineup, Freddy and Melissa. Pterano and the Flyer Parents would throw stones that they collected with the Daddy Swimmer who, in turn, would fight with his sharpened tree branch to distract them.  The Mummy Swimmer would watch the children alongside Littlefoot's Mother protecting them.
"Candy, Cera, Cara! Stay behind me and watch so you can see how to fight!" the old Threehorn shouted at his daughters.
"Do I need to remind you that we agreed on the Swimmer and my daughter to protect ALL of the kids?" Grandpa retorted.
"I'd like my kids to stay with me as well!" the Daddy Spiketail said calm but resolute.
"My little ones, stay with me!" the Mummy Swimmer shouted indignantly.
"Mine too!" the Mummy Flyer agreed.
"You too Littlefoot!" Grandma reminded.
"Yeah! Mother protects me!" he smiled slightly.
"Come on little one!" his mother called.
"Coming!" the little Longneck replied.
"They're coming!" Mr. Clubtail called grabbing everyone's attention. The pack stormed out of a wood not far away.
"Everybody to their positions!" the Threehorn barked. They obeyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There you have it! I wonder what you think about Ducky's Father fighting with a spear-like stick... Do you think it's rather weird and unneccessary (I can't argue about the first one but for the second one I have a reason that I sadly can't name now in order not to spoil :angel)?

Anyway, the time of waiting for action is over... won't say more
 :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
And here the action comes... :DD

Interesting chapter. Is it strange that I kind of feel sorry for the sharptooth whose brother was killed? If he is as 'beloved' as he claims, it must be bad for him.  :(

And I noticed you mentioned flyer parents - I wonder what happens to Petrie's father. He's not included in any of the films, so that'll be interesting to see... :blink:

Oh, and hello Greg, again... :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Toby, SHARPTEETH ACTUALLY HAVE NO FEELINGS :lol :lol
Nah, it's not bad and I promise you'll bury this feeling soon enough.

Yes, Petrie's Father is interesting :wow

Thanks for your words, you're my only reviewer atm.. feel proud of that :p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here we go, part 5. WARNING: MIGHT BE DISTURBING FOR YOUNG CHILDREN!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 5: The Battle

The 'battlefield' was a big meadow bounded by a rock wall at one end and by the river streaming through the oasis on the other side. The invaders came from another direction; where a wood grew. The only escape path would lead back to the Big Water...

The Fastbiters divided into groups on approach, already targeting different dinosaurs...
Then both groups collided. Greg, Freddy and Melissa clashed with a Fastbiter each, Grandma and Grandpa even fought against eight of them in one go! Mr. Clubtail and the Daddy Swimmer faced off against another three beasts while the Threehorn and his mate battled against six of them and the Spiketails took on four of the Fastbiters. The Sharptooth observed the action but stood close enough to intervene if his Fastbiters needed support.

It only took a few moments for the attackers to claim the first casualty. Four Fastbiters  pushed Grandma to the ground with a well-coordinated jump. There, they started to bite down on the now defenseless Longneck and cut into her with their razor-sharp claws. Grandpa was under such pressure from the other four that he couldn't come to the rescue.

"Mother, you must help Grandma!!!" Littlefoot screamed in a panic.
She made a quick decision, having seen the large amount of blood weeping from Grandma. Neglecting her duty to protect the children, she ran over to save her mother's life. With only a few steps she arrived, and with her tail raised, began beating all four Fastbiters so that they flew high through the air.
Grandpa whispered a weak 'thanks' but she remained lying at the ground, covered in blood and paralysed by pain.
"You have to protect me!" the Swimmer criticized.
"Run away! We can't hold the line…" she shouted just as a Fastbiter tried to jump on her back. Masterfully, she whipped him away with her tail. "…I'm afraid!" she finished her sentence.
The Swimmer stayed, despite wanting to flee as it was too dangerous for her and her kids to attempt to make an escape right now.

Meanwhile, the beasts had brought the old Spiketail down. However, the Daddy Swimmer and the Threehorn's mate stabbed each of their opponents with their respective weapons, killing them.

The Sharptooth had to admit that the fight would end in a tie if he didn’t join it. He let out a howl before charging at the Threehorns...

Greg basically fought against four Fastbiters on his own. Freddy, and especially Melissa, were too frightened by the beasts and poorly experienced in self-defense to be of much use. Greg was just about to give his friends some orders when one of the Fastbiters rammed its head into Greg's side. Greg fell to the ground and the others immediately approached and bit into his neck. Greg flinched a few times before laying completely still.

Melissa needed a few seconds to realise what just happened. One of her friends had been killed right before her eyes. She just wanted to be far away! Turning around, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. One of the Fastbiters gave chase...

Freddy, on the other hand, became incredibly furious. The death of his best friend gave him unexpected bravery. He had almost nothing to lose now so he stormed towards the three Fastbiters ramming one of them with his body. As he slowed down, he struck the other two with his tail. However,  the beasts recovered quite fast and with a coordinated attack, all three of them jumped on Freddy's back simultaneously. Freddy was doomed; he was bitten severely. Freddy couldn't shake them off as more flesh was ripped from his body. He became weaker and weaker until he could not feeling any pain anymore. Eventually, he fell to the ground and awaited his fate.

While the Fastbiters attacked the old Threehorn, relentlessly attacking him, although most attempts ended in a painful counter, the Sharptooth immediately took on his mate.

The Spiketails were inferior to their opponents. The old Spiketail was heavily injured and both grown-ups had to stand one hit after another. The female who carried their children on her back was unsteady on her feet.
"Run kids, run!" she whispered weakly. Two of the Fastbiters had bitten her leg causing her to crashto the ground. The thr ee kids screamed and ran away. The Fastbiters however snapped at the kids catching two of them, the other one was able to escape. It ran and ran crying until it eventually had left the oasis. The father of the little ones tried to escape with the last of his strength but he failed. The Fastbiters jumped on him until he finally collapsed; hunted down just like his mate...

After Threehorn's mate had bravely survived the Sharptooth's first onslaught, the Sharptooth and the female Threehorn spied each other. The Sharptooth knew that the Threehorn would be tough to defeat. Threehorns were the only leafeaters that were best equipped to kill a Sharptooth. Other kinds were also able to injure or even kill them like Clubtails or Longnecks though...
The Sharptooth approached her cautiously as the Threehorn fearfully shuffled backwards, all the while keeping a sharp eye on the beast staring down on her. He drove her back in the direction which he came from while the Fastbiters forced the other Threehorn to move in the opposite direction...
The mate of the old Threehorn was frightened. She knew exactly what the Sharptooth had in mind, and she was even letting it happen. Plucking up the courage, she charged forwards surprising the Sharptooth...

Mr. Clubtail and the Swimmer were separated as well. Each of them had to face two Fastbiters since the two beasts that had fought against the Longnecks had 'replaced' their dead companions.
While Mr. Clubtail was amused by the fighting - he was pretty tough to defeat due to his excellent armour and his dreaded bopper after all - the Swimmer was in big trouble. He’d suffered a bad cut on his strong arm almost leaving him unable to fight. Still, he wasn't willing to give up. He bravely fought off the attacks of the two Fastbiters but they knew the Swimmer was injured and seemed to be dodging more than fighting. Even then, he could only take on one of them since he only had one working arm. As his opponents were distracted by one of the Flyers, the Swimmer charged at them, his sharpened branch raised. Their reaction was quick and they got out of the way. The Swimmer, who had put his whole strength and hope into the attack, stormed past them, stumbled and fell. He lost his weapon and now escape was the only remaining option. Although the ground was more comfortable than anything he’d ever lied on, he heaved himself up to start to run. One of the  Fastbiters came closed in quickly.

The Mummy Swimmer and her twelve little ones watched the fight, shocked and startled. Everyone of them, except one girl that had secretly walked away from her mother who was too busy watching her mate. The little swimmer began following a butterfly, jumping up at it...

Mr. Clubtail left his opponents, who were neither able to attack him nor able to defend themselves anymore, toothless and moved to the Longnecks who, in the meantime, were completely encircled…

In a nosedive, Pterano had just saved the old Threehorn from a dangerous attack by giving a Fastbiter, who had sneaked behind the courageous Threehorn as he was fighting, a powerful blow to the head knocking it out just as it was about to jump onto the Threehorn’s back. Blood oozed out of a gaping wound at the back of its head.
"After all the years I'm still strong!" he rejoiced inwardly, surprised that the attack had incapacitated the beast. He flew higher into the air to get a better view where his help might be needed most.
Suddenly, a couple of things almost simultaneously happened...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Already have enough of the Fastbiters? There'll be moar! I warned you..

Yeah.. quite some losses, amongst them almost every OC...
Any guesses who the Spiketails are/were?

PS: I need to speak out my appreciation to Jason/Littlefoot1616 for proofreading on the highest level!

next part will be unusually long...  

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
No, Greg!!!  :cry

I suppose at least his death gave Freddy new courage...though I think they should have been protecting the children, if they weren't prepared to fight.  :lol

And so the battle commences, and it seems to me that this grand old sharptooth has the upper hand. That was a real tough decision for Littlefoot's mother, the kids or her own mother? I wonder she may have to make such decisions later... :unsure:

And I'm guessing one of those fleeing spiketails was Spike?  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You'll see... ;)

I'm late :oops should've been uploaded yesterday...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 6: Death Everywhere

Pterano watched helplessly as the battle suddenly turned to the misfortune of the leafeaters.
Melissa couldn't run further since her legs became too heavy. The Fastbiter that chased her slowly approached. Melissa had only one option - no matter how much she hated it: she had to fight. She turned her back side towards the beast brandishing her tail.
The Fastbiter paused considering how to pass this 'barrier'. Eventually, he made a decision. He aimed at his victim, jumped and landed on the young Longneck. Melissa screamed as the beast bit her tail and her back with its razor-sharp teeth. Melissa tried to shake the attacker off, but she failed. With every fruitless attempt, with every piece of flesh that was torn out of her body, she became weaker. Finally, her vision blacked, her legs weakened and she crashed to the ground. Her last thought was that she had at least tried...

The two Fastbiters had caught up with the Swimmer. The Mommy Swimmer grabbed her little ones and ran away. She didn't want her little ones to watch their father die but also because the others couldn't guarantee her safety any more. She was in such a hurry that she accidentally forgot about Littlefoot hiding in a bush...

The Swimmer knew that it was over as he saw the ugly snouts of the beasts to the right and left of him. His last thoughts were of his family who hopefully didn't have to watch him get hunted down. One of the two Fastbiters jumped for his throat, ending his life quickly and without any pain...

The Sharptooth was still battling with Threehorn's mate. Both hardly harmed each other so far though, as the Sharptooth didn't WANT to harm her yet. He waited for the right time to attack which was just about at this moment...
His companions had just taken over control of the brutal battle which worked in his favour. Since he studied his opponent very well while pretending to truly fight her, he knew exactly what to do. He roared an important order to his Fastbiters. At that moment, he pretended to be distracted.
The mate of the Threehorn eyed her chance and stormed forwards...

Mr. Clubtail, Littlefoot's Mother, Grandma and Grandpa were meanwhile separated from the Threehorns. They were encircled by a dozen Fastbiters, who again and again attacked to weaken them. The fight was becoming tiresome and they had taken quite a beating. Some of the beasts were already injured so the group still considered a victory possible if they stood their ground.
The Fastbiters heard the order of their leader, promptly translated it into action. They stopped attacking and stepped back a few meters. The leafeaters took the opportunity to talk.
"Is everyone alright?" Grandpa inquired sending a worried glance to Grandma who looked pretty bad.
"It's... alright!" she groaned in pain.
"Those critters are tougher than I thought!" Mr. Clubtail cringed morosely.
"Yes, I’m afraid you’re right!" Grandpa sighed.
"You think the Swimmer is safe?" Littlefoot's Mother questioned apprehensively.
"I saw her running away a little while ago," Grandma replied quietly.
"Whoo! That's good news!" Littlefoot's Mother exclaimed. "I was actually supposed to protect her!"
"Where is this Sharptooth by the w..." Grandpa was about to ask as the Fastbiters jumped all of a sudden catching all four of them by surprise. A dozen Fastbiters flew  towards the completely unprepared Longnecks. Most of them hit Grandma, causing her to fall. Grandpa was the other victim. Mr. Clubtail and Littlefoot's Mother weren't attacked at all. They tried to rescue Grandma who defenselessly lay on her side. Mr. Clubtail jumped on one Fastbiter who had a hard crash to the ground as Grandma fell over. With some well-placed hits of his club, the beast was eliminated for good.  Meanwhile, Littlefoot's Mother flung the other Fastbiters off Grandma's body using her tail. Grandpa had Fastbiters attacking his right side so he let himself fall to the right side on purpose. The ground shook as if an earthshake had just happened as Grandpa crashed on the ground, crushing the Fastbiters beneath him. Both Grandpa and the Fastbiters remained lying there, not moving at all...

The Sharptooth only saw the charging Threehorn out of the corner of his eye. A second later and she would have hit him. He used all of his strength to jump high into the air so that the mate of the old Threehorn stormed past him, missing her target. He easily landed on his feet as the Threehorn decelerated her pace. Right when she was about to turn around to start the next attack, the Sharptooth rammed his massive head into her flank causing the Threehorn to tumble to the ground. The Sharptooth let out a triumphant roar, stooped above the female Threehorn who was now frozen with fear and bit her. A monstrous wound gaped on her stomach. The Sharptooth bit her again, tearing more flesh out of her. The mate of the Threehorn yelped in pain.

The old Threehorn heard his mate's scream. He tried to reach his mate in panic, but the Fastbiters prevented him from reaching her. They even managed to drive the Threehorn back whilst one of the Fastbiters started hunting his three daughters, who were still watching their father fighting from a distance, startled. The Threehorn didn't hesitate. Determined, he chased after the Fastbiter. The others followed the Threehorn, trying to cut his back...

The Sharptooth bit a couple of pieces out of the Threehorn's mate until he was absolutely certain that she never would get in his way again. He roared another order, walking in the direction of the Longnecks but not straight...

Littlefoot's Mother killed another Fastbiter by stepping on him after she headbutted him to the ground. Mr. Clubtail, however, had been severely bitten for the first time as all of the beasts that were still able to fight suddenly rushed towards him. The big horde of them threw him to his side so that the Fastbiters could get at his underbelly. But then the eight remaining Fastbiters realized that one of their companions just got stumped on. They angrily let go of the visibly relieved Mr. Clubtail, charging at Littlefoot's Mother instead, although they weren't allowed to attack her. One of them though walked to Littlefoot's Grandparents who lay on the ground, injured. He was just about to bite Grandma's tail when Grandpa beat him with his own. The beast was flung into the horde of the Fastbiters storming towards Littlefoot's Mother, hitting two of them. Grandpa tried to get back up...

The beasts ran faster than the Threehorn. There were only six of them remaining; the rest of them were either injured or dead. Three of them jumped on the Threehorn from behind, slowing him down. The other three were after the children, who ran away, although one of the three girls started her getaway earlier.

Pterano had to spectate the happenings from above. There was nothing - absolutely nothing - he could do to help. The Threehorn's mate was dead, the children would be torn apart right before his eyes in the cruellest way. Yet an idea came to his mind.

Candy and Cara ran for their lives, but they were far too slow to escape the fast meat-eaters; their name was Fastbiter with a reason. They were caught, and their short lives were ended by a bite of the beasts.

Pterano knew that his plans were pure suicide. Nonetheless, he had to try. He also knew that the kids lagging behind couldn't be helped anymore - he was simply too far away from them - but since he couldn't save more than one kid, anyway, he started to dive...

The old Threehorn shook his opponents off just in time to see that his daughters had just been eaten. An indescribable rage poured through his body, his blood boiled. Then he screamed so incredibly loud that leaves fell to the ground. It was a scream for retaliation, revenge and satisfaction in which sorrow, grief, anger and despair could be heard. All these feelings mobilized unexpected strengths in the Threehorn, adrenaline poured through his veins. He charged at one of the murderers violently pinning him to a thick tree that stood nearby. The Fastbiter was dead on impact.
Right after that, he charged at the other murderer. He was prepared on the attack though, and he charged at the raging Threehorn, too, and jumped...

The scream of the Threehorn and the Fastbiter sent through the air distracted the attackers by Grandpa allowing Littlefoot's Mother to trip all of them with her tail with no problems. Grandpa made it on his feet though he felt pretty dizzy...

The Sharptooth saw the little Longneck Baby. <Probably the offspring of that Longneck> he thought. He walked towards the hiding place, bursting with inwardly delight. He imagined that Longneck's expression if she had to helplessly watch her son getting devoured...

The Fastbiter, who chased the still alive Threehorn girl, almost certainly had his prey. Pterano desperately tried to somehow reach the girl. As the Fastbiter just stooped opening his mouth, Pterano changed his plan in a flash. He amended his flight path, hitting the Fastbiter's eye directly. The beast howled in pain, lashing around whereby he nearly caught Pterano with his claws. Eventually, Pterano reached the still running girl, caught her and raised her high into the sky. At first she was panicky. She screamed and struggled to free herself. "Calm down, I will fly you to a save place!" Pterano said trying to calm her. He headed for a tree in which his nieces and nephews had flown to be safe...

The Threehorn didn't let himself get distracted by the counterattack. With a terrible impact the Threehorn threw his opponent high into the air - as high as a Longneck was tall when it straightened up to reach the highest, lushest treestars of a high and old tree like the one to which he had just pinned the other Fastbiter to. He flipped uncontrollably, rotating around his own axis. Then he crashed into the ground, landing on his spine with an awful sound. He would never harm anyone any more.

Satisfied, the old Threehorn acknowledged his achievement yet immediately the sadness due to the fact that he had lost his whole family replaced his pride. He suddenly felt weaker than he ever felt in his whole life. Yet the wrath quickly prevailed over the grief, new energy renewed his strength. In thoughts of his father who had always drummed into him to stay tough, never give up and chiefly fight, he ran towards the Fastbiter that had been attacked and blinded by Pterano...

Littlefoot's Mother saw three more Fastbiters joining their companions. Quickly, she got back to her parents who weren't able to defend themselves at that very moment; Grandma still lay on the ground, not attempting to get up at all.

The Sharptooth stomped towards the little Longneck baby, who seemed to have not noticed him yet...

Littlefoot had been spectating the whole fight, scared. Since his Grandma had fallen, he even cried a little bit because he was worried that something bad had happened to her. Suddenly, he felt the ground shaking. An earthshake? Then he heard a loud stomp. Were earthshakes able to stomp? Eventually, he saw the cause of the tremor that increased to a violent shake in the meanwhile. It was a horrendous, ugly Sharptooth with a wide-open mouth and eyes as green as poison who stomped right towards him, uttering a loud roar. Littlefoot cried out for his mother but the Sharptooth ran fast...

Littlefoot's Mother and Mr. Clubtail bravely defended the two injured elderly Longnecks. Grandpa tried to help Grandma get on her feet again. After some attempts it worked, although Grandma was barely capable of standing on her feet on her own. She had lost too much blood and some of the wounds were still bleeding, though far less than when she had first gotten them.
Littlefoot's Mother just almost let a Fastbiter through because she heard a scream in the distance sounding like 'mother'. Then, she suddenly heard a familiar roar. She knew it, it was the same roar that she’d heard years ago. She flung the beast through the air so that it crashed into one of his companions, and both remained laying on the ground. She heard this scream again, this time she was sure. It was her only son who uttered the scream and her biggest enemy was trying to end her son's life.
Without paying attention to the completely exhausted, feeble and discouraged Fastbiters she ran to her son...

The Sharptooth came closer and closer. He roared an important order to his fellows who lay on the ground, yet the Fastbiters remained lying there. Some were dead, almost all of them were injured, many of them weren't able to take on the leaf-eaters any more. They would rather have had to watch, and not get attacked in the first place...
He furiously directed them again. Three stood up but they didn't attack because Grandpa and Grandma were, at least theoretically, able to fight them off, meanwhile.
The Sharptooth saw his archenemy charging at him. If he caught the little one, she would beat him with her full power, and he couldn't and didn't want to let that happen. Frustrated, he changed his aim...

Pterano called the parents of his nieces and nephews sharing his plans with them. “We need to get all of the children to safety! It's not safe here anymore and we can't protect them well enough!" he reasoned.
His sister considered. "You're right about that, Pterano! But where are they safe from those beasts?"
"Perhaps to the cave we slept in last night?" her mate suggested.
"Right!" Pterano exclaimed as if he just invented the wheel. "It can only be reached from the air and there's some water and food!"
"Pterano, you carry the little Threehorn, follow me first though!" the male Flyer ordered.
"Agreed!"
“And you, dear, will carry the Longneck!" the male Flyer said now turning to his mate.
"Yes!"
The Flyers flew to the fighting dinosaurs, Pterano with the little Threehorn on his back, which was much easier than carrying it with his claws.

The Mommy Swimmer was pretty worried. She hadn't heard anything of the further actions of the battle, though she honestly didn't want to know anything at all. The only thing that counted was that her family was safe. Although she likely wouldn't find more of her mate than his bones, at least the offspring were safe. She looked at her little ones who were unusually quiet. Suddenly, she noticed that one of her children, Ducky, was missing...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Breath, guys! You made it! Though there's one part left still :exactly

What'll happen? ACTION my friends, action :DD

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
So much death... :wow  :cry

But very good! I have to say, this battle is very gory, but it makes it more realistic, and more threatening...so, excellent work!  :yes

This sharptooth is certainly a tough one, though I still feel sorry for him.  :lol And I want his infinite supply of fastbiters...

What will happen now?  :blink: I get the feeling I know where Ducky has wandered off to... :DD

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Anndd I'll finally squeeze in a short review here for you. :p

Very brutal battle going on here so far... and a lot of deaths...

Oh great. Ducky wandered off at one of the worst possible moments. :p

Anyway, great battle so far! Really brutal and there's a lot going on, but that's good. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Finally caught up! Whoa, what a read :o

This fanfic has really switched into high gear with all the happenings, it seems like there's no room to breathe there is so much going on; you can't let your guard down on a fic like this, lol

What I love (LOVE?? STRUT, what is wrong with ya!?) is how you tie this in with the happenings of the first movie - how the little ones are separated and some characters, like most of the parents are not shown or mentioned at all. Very nice, I also like the subplot with the sharptooth. A new villain, eh? muahahaha...
Keep it up, Ducky! This was... (terrible, saddening, heart wrenching) awesome! ;)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Glad ya liked it :DD You basically got my idea :) So I bet you have already guessed who's going to die in the last part which, with 5 days delay, will be on fron NOW on:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 7: Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth

Littlefoot hid behind a tree. From there, he watched as his mother slowed down right before the
crashing into the Sharptooth, who had his mouth opened wide. Throwing her massive body against
him, she rammed him causing him to crash into a tree that broke in two.
"Run, Littlefoot, RUN!!!" she shouted at her son.
"Where???" Littlefoot cried in fear.
She looked to her parents and Mr. Clubtail who seemed to have the situation under control.
"To your Grandparents!"
Littlefoot didn't hesitate any longer because the Sharptooth, writhing on the ground, had gotten to his feet again.
Uttering a furious roar, he charged at Littlefoot's Mother again. She evaded his attempt to ram her but she couldn't start a counterattack. The Sharptooth stomped towards her, slowly driving her away from her parents. She had to fight him all alone. One on one, only one would survive ...

"I bet they're done!" Mr. Clubtail called to the two elderly Longnecks. Grandpa nodded before noticing Pterano and the two other Flyers coming, growling something.
"Longnecks!" the male Flyer called. "We're carrying all kids into this cave!" He pointed in the direction of the cave.
"Where's your little one? the female Flyer questioned.
"To be honest, I don't know," Grandpa sighed. "I believe that he is either with the Swimmers or hiding somewhere!"
"There he is!" Mr. Clubtail remarked. At that moment, Littlefoot came running from the direction where his mother was fighting against the Sharptooth.
"Littlefoot!" Grandma exclaimed weakly and Grandpa gave her a worried glance.
"The Flyers will take you to a safe place!" Grandpa told him.
"Why Grandpa?" Littlefoot questioned.
"'Cause it's too dangerous here, so come on!" the male Flyer ordered.
Littlefoot trotted reluctantly to the Flyers and climbed onto the female Flyer's back. Now, Pterano, with the Threehorn girl and the Flyer Mommy with Littlefoot on their backs, flew off to bring the two to the safe place.
"Where's the old, grumpy Threehorn, by the way?" Mr. Clubtail wondered.

The 'old, grumpy Threehorn' had just chased after the half-blinded Fastbiter who took refuge from the bloodthirsty Threehorn. However, he was too slow and too exhausted and the Threehorn rammed him to the ground stabbing him to death with his horns.

Littlefoot's Mother kept moving backwards. Slowly but surely, they approached the river. She used all of her courage to stay where she was. The Sharptooth also stopped. They looked deep into each other's eyes; pure hatred in their stares but neither of them wanting to make the first step...

"Shouldn't we help your daughter?" Mr. Clubtail questioned.
"I doubt that I can get there at all!" Grandma whispered despairingly.
"We can't just stand around doing nothing! We must do something!" Grandpa spoke up determinedly.
"I agree!" the Daddy Flyer, who was carrying his son who was incapable of flying, on his back, got involved himself. "I'll try to distract this bully, you try to join her as fast as you can!"
"Okay, I'll support you, dear!" Grandpa said.
They slowly walked in direction of the fight between the two as suddenly a polyphonical yelling sounded...

Littlefoot's Mother became impatient. She approached the Sharptooth unobtrusively while they circled around each other. When she eventually was close enough to start a surprising attack, she raised her tail, turned around and whipped it at the Sharptooth catching him completely off guard. After he had recovered from the shock, he stormed forwards striking the Longneck's left hind leg with his claws. Littlefoot's Mother suppressed the urge to let out a cry...

Meanwhile, the Fastbiters had jumped to their feet, threatening the little group. They slowly forced them to move back. None of the two parties dared another attack since both had suffered too many losses. The only aim of the beasts was to prevent the leaf eaters from reaching their boss.
"I suppose we'd better stay here," Grandpa growled.
"Right!" Grandma commented on the situation. She saw it with a laughing and a crying eye. On the one hand, she was glad that she did not need to walk all the way to fight against the Sharptooth, but on the other hand, she was aware of the huge strength of the Sharptooth. Her daughter was in a miserable situation so she silently hoped the best for her daughter.

Littlefoot’s mother raised her tail again but missed her target as the Sharptooth luckily evaded. He rammed his head against the flank of the Longneck, nearly causing her to fall. The Sharptooth was just about to take a bite out of her when something landed on his head. He tried to seize the unknown interference but the brave Flyer was already in the air again, flying some distance above his head.
Littlefoot's Mother took the opportunity to trip the perplexed Sharptooth with a vigorous swing of her tail, causing him to crash into the dirt face-first. Immediately, she tried to pull one better by striking some more on the head. Despite the blows, the Sharptooth stood up again.  He jumped towards the Longneck in rage, landing at her right shoulder. His attack left deep cuts where his claws on his hands and feet drilled into her flesh in search of a foothold. Littlefoot's Mother  groaned under the pain this time, but she could, however, shake off the Sharptooth, who still couldn't find a  proper foothold. With a beat of her neck, her attacker found himself on the ground again but he virtually got to his feet right away. Uttering a furious roar, he started on the offensive.
The Flyer dove down to distract the beast by flying past him tightly. At that, he unfortunately underestimated its eyesight and its ability to react quickly as well as its reach.
The Sharptooth raised his arm, slashing the stomach of the Flyer who instantly crashed to the ground. He did not move at all any more.
Now Littlefoot's Mother was the one to become furious. She showed the Sharptooth her tail whipping him brutally, causing his chest to bleed. In retaliation, the Sharptooth jumped high and landed on the Longneck's back this time. Unhesitatingly, he sank his long, razor-sharp teeth into the back of the Longneck, ripping an immensely big piece of flesh out of her.
Littlefoot's Mother gasped and howled in pain. Her vision suddenly became black. Instead of devouring more, the Sharptooth let go of her. He rammed his head into her side causing her to fall. He positioned himself above her triumphantly, a smile on his face as he looked into her fearful eyes, into these eyes whose light would lapse fade out very soon...
He didn't want to just kill and eat her, he wanted REVENGE. Instead of destroying her as fast as he could, he wanted to torture her to death. He started to inflict deep cuts and scratches into the right side of the Longneck, prolonging the pain but not killing her straight away. They would increase  the suffering considerably and slow her death. He continued, doing the same to the left side. Littlefoot's Mother withstood the pain as best she could. She didn't want to grant him the last satisfaction. Minutes passed, neither of them did anything. The Sharptooth waited for the death of his enemy and thus the fullfilment of his plans for vengence. He hoped his brother would embrace his efforts to avenge his death.
Littlefoot's Mother felt less and less pain. Her last thoughts were reserved for her family. While she took her last breaths, she thought of her son as much as she could. She would watch over him, would always be there, would always protect him.
With this thought, Littlefoot's Mother died.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone's weeping? :p There'll be more than enough weeping soon enough...

yeah, not sure when the next one will be up, I want to give you some time seeing that some people have to catch up.
Anyway, next chapter will show the aftermath... to some degree.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
:cry

Ah, so its finally happened - one of the most famous scenes in the first movie. And you've executed it well!  :DD

It's always good to draw out deaths, especially significant ones. This is all very good, and following her death, will many more first-movie events take place?  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not sure how many of them will make it into this fanfiction but be sure that there are more to come but also completely new stuff ;)

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
:cry
And here I was thinking Littlefoot's mother would get off easy... *sigh*
well, no tears, but definitely a despondent weight has been piled on my shoulders, and a release of a depressive sigh..
Ducky, you evil evil writer... :lol
I love your gift of tying everything in so neatly and without waste, you know exactly what to to. If only I was that organized^^
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

I figured I should help you guys a bit so I made a rough map of the oasis that is the setting of chapter 9 and quite a lot to come ;) There'll be more

I admit I played around with the editing tools of photobucket again :angel so at least everyone can read and see everything clearly and sharply :yes

chp 10 should be up on one of the next days :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chapter 10: The threat isn't over

The Fastbiters who had kept the Longnecks and Mr. Clubtail at bay suddenly let go of the leafeaters and those, who were still able to, ran to the Sharptooth calling them.
The battle was over... the leafeaters had lost!  Utterly decimated, the surviving dinosaurs retreated, away from the corpses of their friends and relatives, away from all the blood that some of them still shed from numerous injuries.
One of them was Grandma Longneck. Although she had to stand and had suffered many severe cuts and deep bites, fortunately the oozing slowly petered out. Nonetheless, she collapsed, her view became blurred.
Grandpa, who had also suffered numerous injuries - including many bruises due to his crashlanding on the Fastbiters which killed all of them without an exception, worryingly glanced at his love. Grandpa then looked to the carnivores who had meanwhile formed a circle around a big body that lay on the ground, motionless. He instantly knew whom this body belonged to. Tears built up in his eyes because this body belonged to his very own flesh and blood... his daughter...
Grandma must have had twigged that her daughter had passed because she too shed large Longneck-tears.

The little Flyer crawled dazily off his father's back. He eyed the horrendous puddle of blood on the ground and instantly knew that the eyes of his father would remain closed forever. His head hanging, the little Flyer, who was the only one of his siblings not yet able to fly, scurried away. Tears flew down his beak. He tried to find his siblings but he walked the wrong way...

"DUCKY!!! Ducky, where are you little one?" the mother of the missing Swimmer girl called out as loud as she could. "Where are you!?" she whined. Ducky she especially loved because she was so vivacious and smart, and her 'yep, yep, yep' and her 'no, no, no' made her special. "Ducky, come here! It's dangerous out there!" she continued to call. No answer again. She began to search for her daughter, sighing...

Ducky, happy and light-hearted, jumped after the butterfly. She didn't realize that she was getting dangerously close to the battlefield.
A Fastbiter saw the little Swimmer creeping up...

The Mommy Flyer and Pterano flew to the cave they slept in last night. There, they would pick up the little ones later. They landed so that Littlefoot and the Threehorn girl could dismount. Both were
totally exhausted; shocked from the Sharptooth attack.
The Threehorn girl quietly wept for her two sisters and for her mother who were killed by the beasts.
"We'll be back soon!" Pterano affirmed. The two flew back to the other adults. They chatted on the way: "Where is Petrie by the way? I thought that his father led him and the others in the cave?!?" Petrie's Mother began to fret as well, "I hope they're alright! We ought to hurry!"
"Agreed! Let's fly faster!" Pterano suggested.

Grandpa lay down next to his mate, downhearted. "Are you awake?" he asked quietly.
"Yes!" she replied, her voice weak.
"How are you? Your injuries sure look nasty!" He was worried that Grandma may not recover from her injuries - she was quite elderly after all -.
"It.... hurts!" she replied in pain, "I'm not sure if I will ever get on my feet again..."
"I'm confident that youëll make it, dear!" Grandpa said trying to cheer her up although he doubted that himself.  "Can I be of help? Somehow?"
"Yes! I'm thirsty!" Grandma answered. "I'm not sure though if I can make it to the watering hole.."
"Of course you'll make it!" Grandpa shouted sanguinely. He tried to heave his mate onto her weary feet and succeeded.
"Just lean on me. Slowly now… put one foot in front of the other!" he instructed. She did as Grandpa told her.
That way the Longnecks made their way to the watering hole where they rested at night, step by step. Once there, Grandma carefully let herself fall, supported by her mate. The two drank until their stomachs were full.
Grandma soon fell asleep while Grandpa watchfully protected her. After all, the beasts were still around having their lunch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next one will be... scary for two certain cute dinosaurs :(

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
The next one will be... scary for two certain cute dinosaurs

I can imagine!  :o

Nicely written, I like how this is all coming together with the characters getting separated from their families. And I get the feeling these fastbiters aren't going to leave any of them alone...
And so they've lost...where now??

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can imagine! ohmy.gif
Better don't :P: it could be... scary  :lol:

Nicely written, I like how this is all coming together with the characters getting separated from their families. And I get the feeling these fastbiters aren't going to leave any of them alone...
And so they've lost...where now??
Thank you! Yeah, I like it, too, how I managed to write it to be honest. From now on the story will be much more interesting and many chapters will be about the main characters and... nope, no more :DD
Where now? A question even I haven't completely an answer for (I wouldn't tell you, anyway  :angel ). Read and you'll see I just say  :lol:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chapter 11: Within the mouth of a Fastbiter

Petrie heard somebody giggle. "How can one be happy in such sad times!" he wondered. Depressed, he followed the voice...

Ducky was still jumping after the butterfly when suddenly a shadow appeared. She looked up at the sky  to see the ugly face of a Fastbiter who was slavering and  letting out a loud roar. She uttered a shrilling cry which could be heard over the whole region and ran away barely escaping the sharp teeth of the Fastbiter. He uttered an enraged roar and followed his dessert...

Petrie's Mother and Pterano just had arrived at the tree in which the Flyer kids hid when they heard a shrilled cry.
"That must be one of the kids!" Petrie's Mother thought before shouting, "I'll check this, you stay with the little ones Pterano!"
"Sure! Be careful sis!" he replied. Petrie's Mother flew off in the direction of the cry and soon heard a terrible roar... "Not again!" she thought and began to hurry even more.

Petrie heard the cry and the roar as well. He looked out in the direction which the noises came from. He saw a Fastbiter not far away from his position who looked like it was chasing something - likely the kid that had laughed a few moments ago. Then he heard the cry again, this time remarkably closer. Now, he could see who the Fastbiter was chasing. A little Swimmer girl desperately flew from the beast, and it ran right at him...
Petrie saw the Fastbiters planning to jump...
"LOOK OUT!" he tried to warn the little Swimmer...

Ducky heard somebody calling turning back. What she saw made her blood freeze. The Fastbiter was just about to plung onto her. Desperately, she tried to change her path...

Petrie couldn't watch it but he couldn't run away either. Quick as lightning, the girl turned around and started running in the opposite direction. The Fastbiter crashed to the ground heavily, sliding quite a distance further. Now Petrie also began to run, following the Swimmer...

Together they ran for their lives, the Fastbiter coming closer and closer.
"FAAAASTEEEER!!!" the little Swimmer Girl weeped in fear.

Petrie's Mother had found a heavy stone as she saw her son and a Swimmer child being chased by a Fastbiter. She tried with all her might to approach the beast...

The Fastbiter had caught up with Ducky and Petrie. He stooped and opened his mouth, snapping at the two little children. He caught them and closed his mouth. Yet, just at that moment, something hit him on the head. Petrie's Mother had hit the target though she was too late, he caught both of them. The Fastbiter tripped, fell and collapsed, blood oozing out of a gaping wound at the back of his head.
Disappointed, the Flyer landed next to the beast, tears rolling down her cheeks for the lost children. Suddenly, she heard a weak croak come out of the mouth of the Fastbiter. Snapping off a branch from a tree, she levered up the mouth of the beast. The two children instantly jumped out of it both seemingly unhurt.

Petrie immediately jumped to his mother, hugging her. He weeped bitterly, still shaken.  
Ducky faired no difference, her little heart beating hectically and her breathing heavy and panicked.
"Me thought me done for!" Petrie sobbed.
"It's alright my little one!" his mother comforted him.
"Are you okay?" she asked the little Swimmer. Ducky started to cry.
Petrie walked to her, " Hey! We did it! Everything be alright!" He helped the Swimmer get on her feet, she stopped crying but said nothing.
"You kids need to be brought to safety out of reach of the Sharpteeth until the grown-ups have recovered and are able to travel again!" Petrie's Mother explained.
"Safety? Where?" Petrie questioned.
"There is a cave nearby, the one we slept in recently, and there is some food and water. You’ll be completely safe in there. Iëll fly you to the cave and I will bring your siblings there as well. You first though!" She laid down so that the two could climb on her back. Ducky was still unsteady on her feet. Then she rose into the sky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The meeting of the Gang will be soon, guys!

The next one's gonna be... weepy.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
NO GUYS! DON'T GET EATEN! :o

I see where Petrie's coming from. Ducky, why are so cheerful in a time of untimely death and destruction? Well, luckily Petrie's mother was there to get them out of trouble when it came.

Oh, so the gang's meeting will be soon, huh? Can't wait to see how that goes! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Oooh, meeting soon are they???  :lol I too look forward to it...
But then again, there's that weepy factor...

I have to admit that was an intense chase. Ducky and Petrie were lucky to get out of that one...an interesting place to meet as well!  :lol

I just hope this safe place really is safe...

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hello, are you also on the sharptooth dating network?" :lol
I'd blame Toby for that above post XDD

Ooh I can just feel everything coming together so nicely! And I love how you've given Pterano a bigger role, how he's actually helping out :smile
J. R. R. Tolkein