The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stab in the Dark

Raptor · 55 · 5617

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Name: Leonard Carper
Personality: grouchy, evasive, insomniac, but very curious. He enjoys involving himself in things that are none of his business. He also likes to take on false personae, often assuming accents(which he is very good at doing) and mannerisms.
Profession: antique dealer
Appearance: 5'11", dark blond hair, thin but not extremely so, and pince-nez glasses. He wears a dark gray suit. He carries a cane for self-defense, and walks with a fake limp so as not to arouse suspicion.

The dog and the raven sat forgotten for the moment in the parking garage, and suddenly a voice barked from behind them.
"Oi! Who's there?"
The voice was male, and sounded Australian, but a moment later, when the man limped close enough to find only a dog and a raven, he spoke with a normal American accent.
"Ah," he said, smiling whimsically at Edgar and Daigoro.

"'And this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy in to smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, Thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore.
Tell me what thy lordly name is, on the night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."'"

Slowly his grin faded, and Leonard removed his pince-nez, rubbing his darkly-shadowed eyes with his free hand. His cane he held hooked over his elbow. "Listen to me, I'm reciting poetry to a crow and a stray mutt. I gotta get some sleep."
He returned the glasses to his face, peering back at the unlikely pair once more.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If Edgar had been capable of displaying a true expression, it would've been one of anger. But instead, he ruffled his feathers irritably and croaked. It was infuriating, not being able to tell the man off. But one thing Edgar prided himself in was common sense, something that he perceived Ryan as not having much of.

It was why, then, that when Edgar heard the faint footsteps of a new intruder, he was on guard. He didn't care about the mortal, especially with the nevermore remark, but he certainly cared about himself.

He stared angrily at the nearby entrance for the parking garage. It was shrouded in shadow, but not impossible to see.

From the darkness, a fat man emerged. He was wearing a Pizza Hut jacket, a grey shirt, and grey pants. He had nametag, which was askew, that said 'Hello, my name is Joe'. There was also what was definantly not pizza sauce, but was certainly red, stained on his mouth and shirt.

He started walking with determination, towards Edgar, Daigoro, and the mortal.

"I certainly hope not." Said Ryan. "Seeing as you've touched it multiple times."

Ryan looked around at the assembled cops and detectives, and continued.

"You'll need to be on guard at all times, Soul Eaters look human until they open their mouths. Generally, there will be some bloodstains somewhere on them." Ryan leaned back against the shut racks of corpses.

"However, they don't talk, and are usually terribly stupid."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Daigoro looked at Edgar, sending him a mental communication.
"Edgar...Soul Eater in front of us.  Should we take it out?"
He asked, making no audible sounds...

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Leonard turned when he heard footsteps, and beheld 'Joe' as the man drew closer.
"Is there something I can do for you?" he asked irritably, using a Kiwi accent.
He gripped the handle of his cane tightly, noting the red stains on the man's front that didn't really look much like pizza sauce...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Edgar felt mentally violated. Psychics always bothered him. He'd only let one idividual into his mind of his own will. The worst part was, that he couldn't respond. The conditioning required for telepathic communication had always bored Edgar, so he focused on other things, like throwing fire.

'Joe' walked forward, and when he was about ten feet away, his face split open, revealing the horrible teeth and circular maw. The Soul Eater screeched, charging forward.

OOC: Soul Eaters are more durable then humans, but they can still die. You hit it on the head enough, and it's not going to do very well.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Leonard's heart sank as the creature opened its great maw. Well, crap...
When the Soul Eater was nearly upon him, a strong whack from his cane to the creature's chin stopped it long enough for Leonard to move out of the way and swing at it again. Then, still frantically dodging its attacks, he flipped the cane around and used the end of the handle(which was a derby handle, not a hook) to deliver concentrated blows to various parts of the monster's body. It recoiled whenever Leonard hit its head, so he began focusing on that.
Now he was breathing heavily, and getting slower evading his attacker. He wouldn't be able to hold out much longer...

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Daigoro let out a loud roaring bark, and in a flash of flames, turned into a raging armored beast, rushing the Soul Eater...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Max giggled like she'd just received a life time supply of ice cream as she said, "Ohhh what happens after they open their mouths huh?! Is it something bright and colorful?!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Edgar did not say anything. Then, after the pause, he said "Damn." He turned his head to the side, and a ball of flames gathered at the tip. With a flick of hi beak, the flames shot forward and struck the Soul Eater in the chest.

The Soul Eater tumbled back, the spot in the center of his chest still smouldering. However, he seemed to have a pecuilar durability, and survived, albeit weakened, and a fair bit slower.

Ryan paused. "Well," He began. "Soul Eaters feed on two things. Obviously, the Soul of the victim. The name would be rubbish if they didn't. But they are not wasteful, and feed on the rest as well."

"When a Soul Eater opens it's mouth, it immediatly attempts to clamp it over the face of it's victim. Now, they have terribly bad breath, so it may seem like their trying to kill you with that. But it they suceed, they proceed to remove the victim's face. Rather inelegantly, I'm afraid. But that's not the half of it. Anyone killed by a Soul Eater cannot be claimed by Death, because the do not truely die. Instead, they are trapped, until the Soul Eater finishes slowly feeding off the soul and body."

Ryan looked at all of them. "Now, is that pleasant?" He said sarcastically.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max frowned for a moment and replied, "Well when ya say it like that...it still sounds kinda fun!" She then laughed and twirled her weapons.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien shook his head, a small smirk on his face.
"Sometimes, I worry about you, Max"
He said teasingly...

Meanwhile, in the Parking Garage, Daigoro had leapt the Soul Eater, pinning it to the ground, and was struggling with it, each trying to land a bite first...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max smiled at Darien and giggled.
"You don't need to worry about little old me...I'm just psychotic!" she said aloud with another small laugh following her speech.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien chuckled.
"That's what I worry about, Max."
He said, grinning at her with a blush...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max smiled and asked Ryan a question.
"Hey, can we go looking for one of those soul eater guys...I wanna show ya my moves!" She said with a goofy smile as she hopped up and sat on one of the tables near her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien sighed.
"I bet I'm going to regret saying this, but...I think I wouldn't mind letting you all see what I have, too..."
He said...