The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Out of time and place

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thanks." Dan said accepting the fish.  He looked to where Raptix.  "Ah, there you are.  I thought you had gone out hunting or something. "  He looked at the fish.  "have you eaten?  I should start to get these ready for cooking." Dan said.  Keeping an eye on the fire to be sure it was ready for when the water was brought back to start the boiling they could start with the boiling immediately, he started to prepare the fish for cooking.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank swung up right and jumped off the branch landing on his feet. "So do you think we should head back to camp?" Frank asked.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cleve went to the river bed to get more wood. Cleve tried to determine what season it was. Based on the trees, it was probably spring or summer. It felt fairly warm. Cleve examined the trees, trying to determine the type of climate he was in. He saw both evergreen and deciduous trees, which meant that he was neither too close to the equator or the poles. It made sense, because the temperature was fairly moderate.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Theo nodded as he picked some ripe melons from a vine. "Yeah, the others are probably back already."

He then headed back to camp, dragging his leaf sled with him.

---------------------

James returned with a large pot of water and placed it over a smaller campfire and waited for it to boil.

Raptix nodded. "Yep, I decided to do a bit of hunting."

He then jumped onto a small rock. "So what's the plan for today?" he asked.

Deimos fed some wood to the two fires. "Dunno. Frank and Cleve said they had something important to discuss with us so we'd best wait for them."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank followed Theo back to camp keeping a watch out for hunting sharpteeth.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"There's some fish here ready to cook if someone wants to cook it.  I can try but someone may be a better cook then I am." Dan said.  He indicated a pile he had made.  "here are some stuff left from my cleaning the fish, if any of you sharpteeth would like to eat some of that." He said.  

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cleve gathered some more wood and headed back to camp. Chomper decided to try some of the offal of the fish. It didn't taste nearly as good as bugs, but knowing that he needed the energy, Chomper kept it down.

"I know you guys want to know about Claw Valley," Ruby asked, "But exactly what do you want to know about that place?"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank arrived back at camp. "Well I was thinking of doing an advanced recon of it before we head there as a group." Frank said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That sounds like a good idea.  But who would go?" Dan asked.

"That sound scary." Petrie said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Raptix went for the fish offal as well.

James shrugged and started to grill the fish with some of the fruit that Theo and Frank had harvested..

Deimos looked up from the skewer he was whittling. "Well, I guess myself and Raptix should go since we're sharpteeth and won't raise suspicion."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah that seems more logical than the plan I had." Frank said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That does sound like a good idea.  Sharpteeth should be able to walk right in and look around.  I hope, I do, I do." Ducky said.  Spike was eating some leaves on a bush and only paying slight attention to what the others were saying.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"As long as I don't have to hurt anyone, I'll join you too," Chomper volunteered.
"But, Chomper," Ruby pointed out, "I can't be with you when you're by yourself, and I promised your parents that I'd always be with you."
"Oh yeah..."
"I was thinking about salvaging the 20mm canon. The engine block has been removed, and all we need is to carry it here."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Don't worry, Ruby," Deimos said as finished whittling a skewer. "We'll keep an eye on him."

James had finished grilling the fish along with some fruit. "Breakfast's ready," he called.

"One problem," Theo said. "What shall the non-sharpteeth do?"

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Frank," Cleve asked, "Do you happen to know the location of another portal? If you do, we non-sharpteeth can go disable that portal while the sharpteeth disable the one in Claw Valley."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"No I only saw the one in claw valley if there is another one I don't know the location." Frank replied.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Here's what I'm thinking," Cleve said, "Right now, we have more than enough food and water, so we don't have to worry about that. Thanks to the rifles that Frank found, we also have ample light arms. From the Avengers, we also managed to salvage some machine guns. If we manage to salvage the 20mm cannon on the Bf 109, we'll have big guns as well. We should be strong enough to fight off almost all Sharpteeth attacks."

Cleve paused for a second for everyone to catch up. Then, he proposed some plans. "I have two plans," Cleve said, "Plan A is that we take all our guns and head to Claw Valley as a team. We'll be fairly strong, and we can all go together."

"I like the idea," Chomper interrupted, "This way, I can be with Ruby."

Cleve nodded and continued, "Plan B is a lot more audacious and Quixote. While the sharpteeth scout out Claw Valley, we try to find the other four Avengers. After seeing the damage, or lack thereof, on the Avengers, I am beginning to think that we might be able to restore one of them. Since there are five Avengers, they'll be plenty of spare parts. As for fuel, I believe that there is probably still some left in the fuel tanks. If we restore one of the Avengers, we'll be basically invisible. It's a Quixote plan, but even if it doesn't work, we don't lose much. What do you guys think?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like that could work.  Except for keeping on top of how much fuel there is, as well as finding a natural flat area for a runway and landing strip." Dan said.  

"How you be invisibible? " Petrie asked, not understanding.

"They may do magic." Ducky said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"We'll have air supremacy since we'll be the only ones up and since the Avenger can climb to a height of thirty thousand feet we could fly at an atlitude where we won't be heard." Frank said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"One problem with plan A," James said as he passed out plates of grilled fish and fruit to everyone. "We can't just carry and fire the machine gun and cannon. We'll need to make something like a tank."

Theo looked around as he ate some fruit. "What if we just sneak in under darkness, block off the portal and sneak back out?"

Deimos ate some fish. "One problem, if we get caught, we'll probably be killed."

Theo sighed. His next plan was extremely brutal but it was all he could think of. "What if we simply start a fire somewhere in Claw Valley, wait for the sharpteeth to flee or get killed, go in and then block off the portal."

Raptix shook his head. "Burning down an entire valley just to get at one of these portals is just wrong, we don't want to hurt the other sharpteeth more than we have to."