The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Out of time and place

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"I've got an off-road vehicle," James said.

He then led the way back to his car.

James said nothing as he opened the tailgate of his car and retrieved a shovel and some camping equipment.

He then started digging a small fire pit near the lake. "Guys, if you don't mind, could you help me set up camp?" he asked.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sure do you have a rifle with a scope on you so we could get some food," frank asked. "I'm quite a good shot."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan looked around the area.  "Some plants here should be eatable also.  I have knowledge from when I was in the boy scouts so can help with some survival things." He said, plus your camping equipment will help considerably." He said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James nodded as he finished digging the fire pit. "Luckily, I was en route to a camping trip," he said, placing the shovel next to the SUV. He then turned to Frank. "Nope, I only have a shotgun," he said.

James heard a rustling near the campsite. He readied his shotgun. "Be on your guard," he said.

All of a sudden, a brown Utahraptor walked out from behind the bushes. It stared at the group and much to their astonishment; it spoke.

"What are you?" it asked. It was clearly male.

James's mouth dropped open in shock. "What the hell?" he asked. "Did that dinosaur just talk?"

(OOC - I am going to introduce Deimos at this point.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank reloaded both his guns and put them in a stand by posisition. "How did you just talk and where are we?" Frank asked but in forgot to ask it in English and asked it in German instead.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan looked at Deimos for a moment, pretty surprised.  "I didn't know dinosaurs could talk." He said, then he got an idea, "Hey, is this Dinotopia?  I have all the James Gurney books.   Is Arthur still around?" He asked, then shook his head, "I guess not since it's been over a hundred years, even with the effects with that longwhatever tea stuff."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos scratched his head. "What's 'dinotopia'?" he asked. He then turned to Frank. "Sorry, didn't understand you," he said.

James tossed a load of firewood next to the fire pit. "Mind telling us your name and where we?" he asked. He inwardly chuckled, he was talking to a dinosaur.

"Oh my name's Deimos and you're in the Great Valley," he said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well it's nice to meet you Deimos I'm Frank Anderson," frank said in English while extending his hand.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, hello Frank," Deimos said.

"I'm James," James said, standing up from the fire pit. He had finished making the wood pile.

"So what exactly are you? You don't look like any dinosaurs I've ever seen."

"We're not dinosaurs." James knelt down and used a match to light the campfire. "So who's up for gathering some food?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm Dan." Dan said.   He looked at Deimos.  "Hmm, he could be a Velociraptor, a Deinonychus or maybe a Utahraptor.  He's to large and his eyes are to small to be a Troodon.  I read some dino stuff before and took some stuff in college." Dan said before looking at the others.  

"I can look for any eatable plants I recognize from my boyscout training days. "  Dan Said.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Matthew Shaw" Matthew spoke as he followed Frank and James.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well are there any fruits near by deimos?" frank asked.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I don't eat fruit, I mostly scavenge, hunt for crawler and eat fish," Deimos replied. He then turned to Matthew. "I'm Deimos," he said.

James looked at his group. "All right, Dan and Matthew will look for edible plants. I will try my hand at fishing in the lake," he said. He went to his SUV and got out a tackle box and fishing rod.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan looked over at Matthew, "Shall we stay together or do you prefer to go looking alone?" He asked him.  He then looked in his shoulder bag and brought out a bag.  "Not large but having some empty bags and sacks can be handy." He said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I could head back to where my plane crashed and see what can be salvaged from the wreckage," frank said. Frank looked around but did not see cleve "he should get here soon," frank thought before walking off.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos was keeping watch over the camp as James fished. He felt a nibble and quickly reeled in a rather large fish, which he tossed on the river bank

Deimos tossed some sticks into the fire as kept kept watch. "So how did you get here?" he asked.

James shook his head. "I don't know," he replied, throwing another cast into the water.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dan started to look around for what he recognized as being eatable plants.  He saw what looked like a fruit tree with some fresh fruit.  He climbed the tree and dropped some to the ground then climbed down to put them into his sack, then went back to looking.  Then he found some grape plants.  The ones on one looked almost ripe, but one nearby he saw was ripe so he picked some of those and put them into the sack also.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
(Hey guys, I'm back)

After the encounter with the first creature, Cleve decided to hightail it. While running away, he found his gun where he had previously dropped it. When he got the guts to turn around and stop running, he was alone again. Frank was nowhere to be seen. This is bad, Cleve thought, But at least I'm armed.

Cleve turned and followed his trail of footprints he left. Soon, he found more footprints. He concluded that it must be Frank's footprints, and he decided to follow.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James heard rustling in the bushes. He put his fishing rod down and grabbed his shotgun.

Deimos, meanwhile, was busy keeping watch.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It wasn't long before the single trail of footprints lead to more trails. They looked like human footprints, and Cleve was happy to find more people. Soon, he began to see vehicle tracks. Wow, they have cars here too, Cleve thought. He began to think that he was somehow teleported to some forest in the US.

The tracks led Cleve to a bush. He decided to go through it. He closed his eyes and covered his face to prevent being scratched by the sharp branches. When he went finally got though and opened his eyes, he found himself staring down the barrel of a shotgun.