The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tedisian, an oceanside city built on trade and commerce.  Ruled by a delagation of wealthy aristocrats and their private armies.  It has been two years since the city was under siege by an airborne fleet of pirates, and one aristocrat found it an opportunity to celebrate an 'anniversary' of the town's victory, although the anniversary was techincally another month.  The city has become alive with festivities and increasing trades as the day rolls by...

Although the name Summoner has long become a common name, Summoners remain rare, and practically no such residents in the city.  Views towards them were mixed, from great respect to outright hate.  In this city, the view expressed at best is suspect and curiousity.  For this aristocrat, he trusts none...

At his luxorious home, he displays his wealth to only the rich, famous, and political figures.  None of the common people are permitted.  Amongst his treasures, stood a set of seven strange-looking large gems.  Not as exquisite as the rest of his stash, and perhaps not of monetary worth, but it remains his most guarded valuables.  Its true worth could only be noted by two kinds of people:  Those who wants them for an unknown and dangerous plan, and those who could wield them, perhaps to save the fate of the world...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the festivies had begun, one character in particular, sat above the city, on one of the rooftops as he watched the fireworks being shot into the air before he glanced down at the busy marketplace bellow.  He gave off a light smirk to himself, yet, made no movement to move from his position he was at.

Within the busy marketplace, another person walked around, a female, whom approached one of the marketstalls, glancing to the stall owner for a second, who was already busy talking with other customers.  That gave her all the time she needed as she walked on by and in the process, slipped one of the diamond rings on display at the stall, into her pocket without anyone noticing her.

Granted, she did know that someone had indeed seen her, but no one on the ground level.  The one on the rooftops noticed this as he sighed slightly to himself as he stood up, pushing his sunglasses up a little bit before stepping towards the edge of the roof as he watched the female walking off.

He stepped off the roof and dropped down to the ground level, crouching as he landed in order to soften the land before standing up straight and started to make his way through the crowds, heading off after the female in question.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Watching his display of the strange gems through a space where armed guards with swords stood, the Terran aristocrat was deep in thought, until another terran interrupted him.

"An interesting display.  I have never thought such things were truly worth anything."

"Why not?  It's just that no one considers putting a price on them."

"They are considered worth much in ANOTHER way..."

"As tools for those ruffians to use to enslave us?  It's a miracle there are so few of them..."

"And the Wraiths?"

"Are you kidding?  There have been no Wraiths sighted within miles of here for decades..."

----------

Far above the skies outside the city, it was a different story.  A small wing of sticks and cloth cut through the sky, quickly followed by four smoky shapes.  The pursuers were a kind of Wraith, flying grim reapers with heads of grotesque four-eyed birds.  The wing belonged to a young Goth of exceptional powers against the monsters like the ones after him...

The Goth banks and dips to get around the attackers, loading his sling with one hand and twirling it, then swings it with skill at the first Wraith.  The creature turned its head just as the 'stone' strikes it...and explodes, turning it to dust...

The sky dance continued as the Goth finished the rest in minutes, then the sky was peaceful again.  He flies below the clouds to find a city in sight.  He knows that the city should have air defense and would shoot anything coming too close to it, so he carefully reaches the ground and lands just outside the town.  Taking his time to fold the hang glider into a large backpack.  Checking to see that he needs water for his journey home, he heads into the city.  It seems as if a festival has started...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the Goth was walking through the busy marketplace, she had ran right into another person, the exact same person that had been following her for the last few minutes.

She looked up at the person she had run into, yet, said nothing as she patted his chest at least twice before she continued on.

The Reaper spoke up to the goth in question "You shouldn't steal" his voice sounded a little deep as he turned to look at the goth girl.

The goth girl almost froze in her place and had to say something back to cover her tracks "I'm sorry, but I think you've got the wrong person, I haven't stolen anything" she replied back to him as she started to walk backwards, still keeping an eye on him.

The reaper shook his head back slightly at her, smirking slightly "I saw you take a ring from one of the stalls over there" he spoke as he started to step forward.

The goth girl immediatly, turned and took off in retaliation, only to have the reaper smirk even more at her retaliation as he sighed a little "I didn't want to have to do this...." and with that, he straight away, activated one of his soul gem characters, Bolt, who appeared in front of him.  He pointed ahead "Bolt...speak...."

Bolt jumped forward a little and got into position before seconds later, letting off a super bark, sent towards the goth girl in question.

The goth girl turned around and saw the approaching shockwave from the super bark "Oh....this can't be good...." she spoke as she stood her ground, slidding back somewhat as the super bark struck her before being thrown back a few feet.

The reaper approached the girl with Bolt by his side as he looked down at the goth girl.  However, the goth girl, again, retaliated as she got up and swung her clawed gloves at the reaper in one swift motion.

The reaper in turn, bought out one of his short swords in order to block her incoming attack before he went to strike her in he face using his hand only, doing his best not to harm the girl as much.  Yet, the girl was still being stubborn as she bought up her hand and managed to stop the attack from the reaper as she jumped back a little bit, clenching her fists at him.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Reaper's partner's attack started a panic from the bystanders, causing them to scatter in fear.  Very quickly, armed guards (think Spanish conquistador armor)entered the immediate area, lances at the ready on the Reaper.  "Summoner!" shouted the commander.  "Surrender at once!"

----------

With the setting more calm, Tai pulled out what the Wraiths were chasing him for.  In his ventures, he had found two Soul Gems, but none of which had chosen him.  Summoners have a certain sense for the Soul Gems, for a Gem would shine in the hands of their chosen Summoner...

An explosion further down the road averted his attention, and he put the Gems away to investigate...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Reaper stopped as he looked to each of the guards that had approached him, then looked to the commander of the armed guards.  He then looked to Bolt for a moment before bringing him back into his Soul Gem "Very well then" he spoke rather calmly.

The Goth girl in turn, took this chance, once the guards were all concerned with the summoner, to take off herself as she turned and dashed off, rushing down a dark alleyway.

With the guards still aiming their lances at him, the reaper decided to speak up once more "If you require a reason for the attack, I do have one....I was simply bringing order back to this place, asking the Goth to return the stolen item back to the stall she had obtained it from"

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm not sure about this," Ellen said as she followed her young companion through the streets. She wore a bright orange and purple costume that displayed a bit of fur, but not enough to be embarassing. Her eyes darted around, trying to jot down the city's layout in case they had to run for it.

"You worry too much," Kyle Verona said. The Terran wore his usual red shirt and blue jeans. "These people are going to love us!"

"Maybe they will, maybe they won't..." the Fur warned. She knew this place didn't outright hate summoners, but they weren't welcoming either...

They paused as the crowd ahead scattered and several guards surrounded a reaper.

"A Summoner?" Kyle gasped as the white dog vanished from sight. The teen stepped forward so he could hear better.

Ellen gasped as he slipped away and darted after him. Thankfully, Kyle stopped at the far edge of the crowd.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai reached the edge of the commotion in time just as a Reaper had brought back a Soul Gem.  Another Summoner? he thought as he watched.

The commander was a reasonable man, and allowed his lancers to raise their weapons away.  "Fine then," he said sternly, "But no more Summoning from you or anyone like you today without true justification.  These people care not for sudden bursts of violence while they are having a good time.  Guards!  Search the area!  Question any Goth you find!"

One guard pointed at Tai.  "What about that one?"

"Leave him!  The Summoner said a female Goth!  Now go!"

The line of guards dispersed across the streets for the suspect.  The tension lifted in the area and people returned to their own duties.

Tai cocked an eyebrow.  "OK..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Reaper, who was known as Skorn, watched as the guards disbanded in order to find the Goth girl in question.  He looked over to Tai as he approached him, dipping his sunglasses slightly at him before pushing them back up to his face again "Do you know the girl that they are to find now? A female Goth, much like yourself, but as I said, female....she weilds, what seem to be a pair of metal gloves if that's any help to you"

He glanced back to the guards "They could probabally have used that information, but they are rather quick on their feet....they do seem to want to find her rather quickly for a simple theif of her standards"

The Goth girl, Zoe, had already run a fair amount as she headed back into the open again and ducked into some crowds, yet, kept her eyes out for either the guards, or the Summoner she had run into earlier on.

As Skorn was waiting for a reply from Tai, he turned slightly to see Kyle approaching as well, which in turn, only gave him more of a reason to smirk lightly to himself "Seems like my little commotion has caused a few more civilians to become rather....interested...."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kyle paused when he saw the Reaper's smirk, not quite sure what to make of the expression. Most of his experience was with other Terrans or Furs thanks to Ellen.

Attempting to put on a brave face, the teenager approached the stranger. He tried not to be too obvious, but couldn't help staring at the Reaper's summon band. His eyes were bright with curiousity.

"Wow..." Kyle whispered. "I can't believe I ran into another Summoner here."

"What's the big deal?" Ellen asked, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at the Reaper. She quickly scanned the stranger, before studying the goth he had been speaking to. Kyle's attention remained focused on the Summoner.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Actually, I just got here myself," Tai replied.  "Flew in over the mountains."  He turned to see what the Reaper was looking at, two individuals looking back at them.  "It's like the guy never saw a Reaper before..." he said afterwords.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn in turn, was looking at Kyle's Summon Band as he gave off a light sounding chuckle himself "I have to agree with the Goth here....you act as though you've never seen a Reaper before at all" he flexed his fingers a little bit as well as he looked over to Ellen.

Zoe continued to remain in the crowds as she noticed the guards not too far from where she was, each of them questioning other Goths that were around, however, they seemed to be only questioning the females in question, leaving the males alone as she gave off a rather light gulp herself "Well, they are smart....I'll give them that...."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai also noticed the young Summoner's Band.  "I never thought there would at least three of us here in one town," he said, and he pulled up his sleeve to show the Reaper his own Summon Band.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was rather simple to tell that Skorn was a summoner as he never wore a shirt himself.  He looked to Tai's Summon Band and gave off a light sounding chuckle afterwards "Indeed, three Summoners in one town.....what are the odds of that even happening?"

Not far from the group, there was a Fur that was walking around.  She wore pants and a shirt, but that was it.  She wore no shoes herself as she looked around the busy marketplace.

The girl wasn't suppose to have stayed for too long, but the festival seemed to have now attracted her long enough to keep the girl around.  She was a Vixen and her name was Luna.

She was simply having a look around the marketplace, yet, her eyes diverted a little to where the four were gathered, three of them seemed to be summoners while the other one had no Summon Band on.

She smiled to herself lightly, but decided to not approach the group in question, deciding to leave them be as she really had no need to approach them and talk to them.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"He's seen his fair share of Reapers," Ellen said. "He's just--."

"What else can you summon?" Kyle asked.

"Excitable..." the Fur sighed and rubbed a hand against her forehead.

The teen's head turned towards the Goth as he spoke and gasped as he saw his Summon Band. "You're kidding me. You guys are both Summoners? What are your names? I'm Kyle and this is Ellen."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm Tai," the Goth replied.  "I just got in from a trip...and had some turbulance on the way."  He turned to the Reaper.  "I didn't catch your name, though."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That's because I haven't given it just yet....Tai" Skorn spoke as he looked to the Goth, then looked over to Kyle and Ellen once more "Skorn" he added in as he looked to the three of them still.

Skorn looked to Kyle once more and gave him a light smirk as well "All in due time kid....all in due time" he told him as he folded his arms by that point.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"So you're both here for the festival then?" Kyle asked, folding his arms and cocking his head to one side.

"Jeez, Kyle, just pry into other people's business," Ellen sighed.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The group was observed by one more pair of eyes, which belonged to a Fur, a hare to be more specific. She sat at the small table in front of inn, sipping some local beer. She wore a simple leather jacket, thin cloak and loincloth - all in greyish-green color. Her clothes would provide ideal camouflage, if she was traveling though woods, but in the city... not so much. Good thing she didn't have to hide from anyone at the moment, she thought.

That group, she was looking at, consisted of Summoners evidently. This brought the memories and with them the sadness and anger.

There will come this day. Day of revenge. Willow (as this was the name of the hare) thought, caressing her Summon Band absentmindedly and watching the group.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I may do that, now that I'm here," Tai replied, but then remembered...  "By the way, I came across two Soul Gems, but they haven't chosen me.  Might as well see if they choose any of you..."  He pulled out the Soul Gems, those not of his own, and handed it to Kyle and Skorn.  If they were chosen by any of the Gems, they would shine in their hands...