The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As Karnage was cutting down the last of the Shadows, Tai grapples with a Cloaker and tosses it through a window right next to where Zoe stood, shattering the glass on it's way out.

The guards outside turned to see the Wraith hurled out the window and they brought their pikes up to impale it, the cloth shredded on the lances before the whole becomes dust...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the Wraith crashed through the window beside Zoe, she peered her head out for a second then looked back to Tai "Thank you" was all she said as she stepped up onto the window sill before digging her metal claws into the side of the building and slowly started to climb back up towards the rooftop.

Tigeress continued to take out Wraith after Wraith using only her bare hands and her martial arts skills while Skorn continued to take out his own set of Wraiths as he spoke up "These Wraiths better be stopping their attack soon....not sure if I can keep this up for too much longer...."

Meanwhile, Batman continued to take out Cloakers downstairs while Luna was face to face with a Creeper herself, brandishing her dagger at the Creeper before ducking one of the swipes of the creature and slashed back at it across the face with her dagger.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, Willow was fighting with other Creeper, who had circled around her a bit and then leaped at her. Hare waited to last second, then she jumped out of a way and slashed Creeper with her dagger, injuring one of his arms. He tried to hit her once again, but she was too fast for him. Willow jumped once again, this time behind the Wraith and before he could react, she sank the blade of dagger right in Creeper's head. That was a final blow, as Creeper turned into a dust.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The captain looked up to see someone climbing up the side of the wall, using claws.  "That Reaper Summoner really was right," he said...

Behind the group, a one-wheeled cycle buzzed by and came to a stop.  The driver stepped off and removed his helmet to reveal a caucasian Terran...

----------

Tai barely noticed the thief escape as the Wraiths were being dwindled fast on the upper floors.  Those near Karnage were already taken down to dust...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe continued to climb up the side of the building, grumbling to herself in the process as well "This was not how anything was suppose to turn out...."

Soon, both Tigeress and Skorn had taken out their group of Wraiths each, to which the two of them ended up back to back and looking around "We could be in the clear" Tigeress spoke up rather softly as she moved from her fighting stance to a more straight up, relaxed stance.

Skorn too, became a bit more relaxed as he looked over to Tai "You think that's all of them?" he decided to ask the Goth.

Luna continued to duck and dodge the attacks from the Creeper as she slashed at it some more, before jamming her dagger into its throat, causing the Creeper in turn, to turn to dust, as Luna continued to hold onto her dagger.

Batman in turn, had finished off his set of Wraiths and walked over to both Luna and Willow, looking at Willow for a moment before looking to Luna "That should have taken care of the Wraiths for the time being"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai looked around.  "It must be all of them on this floor..." he replied, and noticed something odd.  He spots the gleam of only one Soul Gem on the floor.  "Hey, there's supposed to be six of them here..."

"Wasn't your pale-faced lady friend helping you with that?" Don Karnage responded as he twirled his sword.

"Pale-faced?  ...The thief!"

----------

Some passersbys outside gasped and pointed at the side of the wall.  A Creeper has rounded the corner outside and is bearing closer to Zoe...

A loud bang is heard and a small ball of light shoots from the lower larger barrel of the Terran's revolver for the Creeper, exploding with concussive force and crushing the Wraith into a silouhette on the wall...

----------

Tai recognized the noise and ran to the window, quickly finding the person in the crowd.  "Kenshi!  You're late!"

"I got one, didn't I?" Kenshi answered back.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe watched as the Creeper was killed before it managed to reach her, causing her to give off a sigh of relief "Whew....that was a little too close for comfort" she muttered, glancing downward before grabbing onto the ledge of the roof and pulling herself up onto it.

However, she made no attempt to even stick around any longer as she then bolted for it, building up momentum in order to run and jump along the rooftops with ease.

Skorn rushed out with Tigeress and looked to where the shot was fired, only to see the thief escape as he looked to Tai and Kenshi as Tigeress spoke up "Looks like she got away"

Skorn nodded back to Tigeress as he then spoke up himself "Did you grab the Soul Gem?"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Is this what you're looking for?" Don Karnage replied, with the only other Soul Gem left in hand.  "If these weren't made of those like my beautiful self, I'd be stealing them."  He hands it to Tai, who placed it in his pack with the only Soul Gem remaining from the Goth's earlier adventures.

Kenshi breaks open the breach of the small grenade launcher to reload it.  "What's the situation downstairs?" he called up.

"Don't know!" Tai called back.  "We're just about to head down ourselves!"

"I'll meet you inside, then!" With handgun in hand, Kenshi calmly but cautiously entered the front door...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"So what we do now?" Willow asked, looking around to make sure that no more Wraiths were sneaking about.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn looked to Tai for a moment "You go and meet your friend, Tigeress and myself will remain here, just in case any other Wraiths do decide to show up here" he nodded to him.

Tigeress just folded her arms as she remained watching both Tai and Karnage, yet, did not say a word to them.

Luna was about to speak up when she heard somethin from behind them, turning around, about to throw her dagger at the figure, but stopped when she realized it wasn't a Wraith, to which she lowered her dagger.

Batman stepped up beside Luna, looking at Kenshi as he entered "He's defiently not a Wraith, friend of yours I take it?"

Luna shook her head "No, I don't even know him"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai returned Karnage to his Soul Gem as he ran down to the ground floor.  Kenshi holstered his gun as he spotted his friend.

"You got everything above?" the Terran asked.

"From what I could tell," Tai replied.  "Glad you came though."

"Had some issues of my own with Dark Ryders when Baldor called me.  I knew I couldn't make it until nightfall.  Anyway, you know how they came in?"

The Goth shook his head.  "This mess started before I showed up."

The captain heard the question as he entered.  "I know they didn't come in from the streets," he answered.  "That big a number couldn't have come through the roof without being spotted.  They must've come through the floor from the sewers.  This city is a labyrinth with them."

"Then let's find where they came in," Kenshi said.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna seemed then shrug a little to herself "I guess we're not needed here anymore...." she muttered to Batman before returning him to his Soul Gem and looking to Willow "If you want to come, you can....I'm just going to go for a walk or something now...." was all she said as she put her dagger into her pocket and started to head off out the door, leaving the crime scene alone.

Zoe had soon enough, landed on top of the inn of where Alex was, clambering down the side of the inn to where the window was to Alex's room, slowly opening it up and slipping inside.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai and Kenshi couldn't stop Luna as she left the building.

"Oh duh," Tai said, and turned to Willow.  "Willow, this is Kenshi.  Ken, Willow."

Kenshi looked to Willow and nodded.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'll catch up with you later!" Willow shouted after Luna, then she turned to Tai and Kenshi. If they were going to look for some clues why Wraiths came to this city, then she wanted to join them. Who knows? Maybe those Wraiths were sent by the General, who had been her personal enemy since 3 years ago...

"Pleasure to meet you" he greeted Kenshi.

Alexandra was evidently waiting for Zoe, as she didn't show any signs of surprise when the Goth entered the room silently.

"Ah... There you are. Without a pursuit on your tail, I hope?" she asked sarcastically "I heard there was some great commotion in aristocrat building. Were you responsible for it?"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kenshi led the way deeper into the building, finding a back room where a series of steps lead to the cellar...and slain bodies strewn across the floor...

"I'm guessing they came up through here," Tai said.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow leaned over the dead bodies to investigate them briefly.

"I would say, that one of these is quite fresh. Perhaps, he was killed by someone, who was escaping this place," she said.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, we knew one person escaped," Kenshi replied.  "But she left by the roof."

"All this looks fresh to me," Tai added.  "The fight didn't take that long at all..."

The Terran looked down the stairwell to the cellar.  He drew his gun and cocked back the pin before being the first to walk down the flight into the darkness...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"This one smell of a sewer though," Willow pointed out "Others might have died while they tried to stop Wraiths from entering, when this one could have been killed by someone or something that was leaving this palace."

She looked from dead body to Terran, who was walking down the flight. Hare reloaded her crossbow, which she had picked up after the battle, and followed Kenshi.

OCC: Do you know if MrDrake will still be playing with us? He has been a bit quiet lately...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC:  Last I heard, MrDrake has been having new home issues and is trying to get Internet set up there.)

Kenshi reached the bottom of the stairs, staring off into darkness.  He quickly switched the grenade in the bottom launcher with another item, and fired it into the darkness.  It was a flare, and it lit the room nearly as bright as day...

----------

Still upstairs, Tai and the captain of the guard were about to follow when a noise turned their attention to a blood-spattered cabinet in the corner of the room.  Blades at the ready, they moved to the cabinet and swung the door.  Inside, a Terran man huddled at the bottom of the cabinet.  By his clothes, he was perhaps a servant of the house...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: Yeah, conncetion is still being a pain....but I am doing my best with it at the moment XD)

Zoe placed the Summoners Gems onto the table, not saying a word to Alexandra, just looking at her, still unimpressed with what she had to go through to collect the gems.

After a few moments, she spoke up "I couldn't care less if anyone followed me anymore, that task was a waste of my time, it was like walking into a death trap....so just give me my coins and I can be on my way"

Zoe indeed, did not sound too pleased at the moment, she indeed, just wanted to get her coins and get out of there as soon as she could.