The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 100595

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled softly.
"You know, it's okay to admit that you enjoy things every now and again."
He said earnestly...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I don't enjoy this!" Echo gritted her teeth. "Of course my body is going to interpret this as a pleasurable act, but that doesn't change that sexuality is vile and painful, a thing that common folk use as a recreation to distract themselves from their worthless existences!"

She winced as something mettalic connected electrically to her nervous system. "Let's just continue considering this the necessary evil that it is. Giving into the feelings is the first step to losing your soul to the Augments."

----------

There was no response from Axel's bathroom.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
After knocking several times, there was still no reply. "Alright, look, if you can hear me, I'm coming in!" He twisted the knob and pushed the door open. The shower was still running, and steam from the hot water had filled the room, making it hard to see for a second.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smiled.  
"Heh.  It's not all that bad, from what I've heard.  And besides, Augments rarely even have sexual feelings at all.  At least, most don't..."
He said with a blush...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Considering the nature of the establishment we're about to visit, I have a hard time believing you." Echo flexed her gluteus. The false Augments merged comfortably, allowing complete movement from her hip joints. Good. "Is that all?"

----------------------------------------------

Lily had fallen over in the shower. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." she hastily scrambled to her feet, noting that in her shock she had torn the shower curtain down. "I just got startled by..."

Above her left breast was what appeared to be a small tattoo. A crude glyph of an eye, black with a white iris.

"What is that?" she asked nervously. "I don't even know my own name, but I know I shouldn't have that! I don't like it!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled a little.
"You know that there aren't many augments in there, right?  Mostly non-augmenteds with that fetish, actually."
He joked...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel turned back from twisting the water off. "Woah... that's creepy as hell." He stepped further in, his shoes squelching on the floor, and bent in to get a closer look. "Looks pretty new, too. The skin around it's still kinda raw."

He frowned. "An eye. It's got to mean something... Like, a gang, or a company? I've never seen anything like it before." Axel suddenly blushed as he realized where he was staring. He held out a towel to her from the shelf.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I choose not to spend time researching sex establishments," Echo answered matter-of-factly. "And you have not answered my question. How soon until we can actually go and begin the infiltration?"

In an attempt to distract herself from the proceedings, she grabbed her laptop and began researching a woman who had foolishly volunteered her name immediately after inconveniencing Echo...

---------------------------------------

"I don't like it...." Lily repeated.

Lily realized she was flashing her rescuer at about the same time Axel did, and quickly grabbed the towel. "Sorry!" she stammered for the umpteenth time that night.

She shut the shower off. "I think it'd be best if I just went to sleep...I know my clothes aren't done yet, I can just have them in the morning."

She trundled sleepily toward his couch.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita continued flipping through the channels, all 100 of them.. almost nothing was on.. ' why isnt there anything good on..?' She muttered..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel caught her wrist. "Hey, you might as well crash on the bed. Don't worry, it's new, I changed it this morning. I'll take the couch. That way, if anyone busts through looking for you, they'd have to get past me, right?" He puffed out his chest, trying to look tough and not really succeeding.

He lowered his voice. "Look, don't worry. I know something weird is going on, and I'm going to help you figure it out." He thought it was probably for the best not to mention the police had a manhunt on for her just before she slept.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian shrugged and chuckled.
"Neither do I.  I just happen to know about that particular one since there've been quite a few problems around that area.  That's all.  I don't do strip clubs."
He said calmly, then leaned back, eyes drawn to Echo's butt.
"And just as soon as you're ready, we can start going that way.  Just gotta get some decoy parts on."
He said, blushing faintly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Well, don't be too slow," Echo said, eyes not leaving the computer screen. She was already trawling the police archives on a certain Marita Jones. "I'm fairly certain I've found what we'll need to grab our last team member...that was a shockingly simple search."

--------------------

Lily nodded, wiping strands of wet hair out of her eyes. "I really appreciate what you've done for me." She hugged him, both out of gratitude and because she was about to fall over from exhaustion. "I wish I could repay you somehow..."

Silence fell as she couldn't figure out what else to say. She was already half-asleep.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel froze up, shocked by the hug. Then he slowly hugged her back. "It's no problem." When he looked down, he saw she could barely keep her eyes open.

"Come on, you're about to keel over." He half carried her into the bedroom and helped her in, pulling the bed covers over her. "See you in the morning," he said, smiling shyly, as he moved quietly over to the light switch and flicked it off. He stood for a moment, watching over her, then pulled the door shut lightly.

Axel walked into the main room and thoughtfully picked up the bar code he'd pulled from her boot. After a moment, he absentmindedly put it in his jeans pocket and sat down on the couch, suddenly feeling exhausted, keeping a weary eye on on the front door.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smirked, getting up and quickly stripping down as he pulled out several plates of another metal.  He glanced back over his shoulder at Emilena, then busied himself with the plates.  First came the thigh guards, which he slipped onto his legs, feeling the familiar tingle as they integrated into his nervous system.  The next part was always his least favorite.  He slung the belt with the manipulator system on, clasping it around his waist as the spineplate swung up, latching to his back before extending the needles that connected it to his spinal column directly.  
"You know...ah, that stings... you're really quite pretty Emilena.  You should try smiling more.  I don't think there'd be anyone in the world who could resist your charms."
He said lightly, as he tugged on the mechanical arm sheath, as well as stepping into the boot-type leg armor.  The last pieces to go on were a mechanical lower jaw cover and a mounted visor system, which he kept open for the time being...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Electric Sheep was quite crowded at this time of night. Pounding techno issued from the speakers as fog roiled around the dancing crowd lit up by strobes and lasers.

Among one of the dancers was an Indian Cobra named Sanjay Bhat. Despite his outward appearance, he was an Augment. In addition to his natural venom glands, he had two tanks that allowed him to inject his opponents with synthetic poisons or drugs. In addition, he also had an "infrared eye" implanted between his own eyes, granting him infrared vision like that enjoyed by Pit Vipers. He was originally from Palladis รณ a city that totally banned weaponized augmentations for civilians. He had gotten special permission to have his venom tank implants as a security guard, but when he was fired, he fled the city to avoid having the mandatory surgery to remove his implants.

He gulped down a shot of vodka as he reared up and swayed to the music.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Marcus pressed the 'Off' button on the side of the laptop and folded his hands thoughtfully under his chin. Soren Almaya lived about 15 minutes away by car. If Adrian was going to be looking into him, then he'd be staying somewhere close too. Probably helping the augmented scum out there as well.

Knowing Soren's address was useful, but it probably wouldn't be much help. He knew that Adrian wouldn't just walk up to the front door. But... people loved to talk, especially about augmented freaks that thought they were the new Batman. And where else would they be more likely to talk than the most well known nightclub in the city?

It seemed the Electric Sheep was his next destination. As he rose from his chair, he muttered darkly to himself, his voice low and rasping. "I'm coming for you, Kibagami."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Echo got to her feet. "Excellent, let's move."

She got to her feet and quickly dressed. Then she marched smartly out of her room.

-----------------------------

The police were scouring the city when they came across the bum's body.

"Check that shotgun for fingerprints. This doesn't look self-inflicted," the chief ordered.

(OOC: We should have a tie skip right here.)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
BOOM BOOM BOOM

Axel groaned and stretched out. His tail was curled around in his hands and he'd been nibbling it in his sleep, laid out on the couch. "Hmn... No, no more apples..." He muttered, starting to drift back to sleep. There was a click, as his neighbor's door opened. "Hello sir, sorry to disturb you this morning. We're investigating a murder that occurred nearby..." The commanding voice penetrated through the thin walls.

Axel's eyes opened drearily. Low, early morning sunlight had begun to leak through the windows, falling on his face and making him blink.

"Yes, unfortunately we have reason to believe that she's the perpetrator of the crime, and that she's taking refuge in the area. We're conducting a search of the building, so if you'll permit us..."

Axel shot upright on the couch. "Oh, crap..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian stood outside the performer's door to the Electric Sheep, visor now shut, staring at the bouncer.
"Hold it.  State your name and reason for presence here."
It droned, scanning Adrian with it's mechanical eyes.  Adrian chuckled idly, glancing up at the towering hulk of metal and flesh that was guarding the door.  
"Designation: Raiden.  Desperado Enforcement, LLC.  I'm here to guard the female."
He said calmly, eyes fixed on the machine before him...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The bouncer cyborg looked over the duo. It stood still as it racked its mind for the record. "State name of female performer."

The cyborg then blocked the entrance with its considerable bulk. Underneath the dull armor plate of its massive three fingered hands, the emitters of a directed energy weapon could be see in its palm.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.