The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sue/LIttlefoot

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Is it just me or is Sue close to littlefoot in an odd way?  She just seems to be too nurturing to him, like she once had a child before.  Her actions at night with him are a little disturbing.  The way she says "goodnight Littlefoot" seems to be too caring and is pretty odd (to me anyway).  Do you think she lost a child in the past or something?  Why is she so protective of Littlefoot?  Her conduct just seemed inappropriate for someone they just met, especially out in the mysterious beyond, which makes me think that she might have lost a child before and is trying to protect Littlefoot because she failed to protect her own child or something.  She might just be a very social character though.  What do you think?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
She might have lost a child in the past - I haven't seen the movie with Sue in it for a long while. Another thing (somewhat) like this is in LBT 3, during Mr. Threehorn's song, and he said "When the trail gets rough, you gotta get rougher, to help your family survive," and we pretty much know that Cera's mother and siblings were...pretty much never seen after the first movie. I think someone posted pictures from LBT3, when Littlefoot and the gang were stuck in the quicksand. Uh...pictures of another threehorn in the background of Topsy who reacted with fear when they heard Cera's screaming who may and probably wasn't Cera's mother.

Wow. I hope that made sense. It's somewhat similiar, in any case...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If it was Cera's mother, she would have come to help Cera too.  The other threehorn's reaction was perfectly natural.  After all, wouldn't you be surprised, concerned, and disturbed if someone screamed?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, me and Malte once discussed about Sue.  According to him, Sue is a longneck looking for a mate.  You see, she has the urge to start a family, and as such, would care for someone else's young as experience.  It's basically her desire to start a family that makes her so caring to Littlefoot. :)

Hmm... I wonder if she actually became a mother by now. :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pardon me for resurrecting an old thread, but who is Sue, I can't place the name.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
She was a... Supersaurus, I believe, from LBT 10. If you've seen the movie, you know who she is. If you haven't, then explaining will be a bit harder....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is she that huge longneck?  I vaguely remember a large longneck meeting a male who is larger then her, but don't recall any detail but that.

I've not seen the movie in a while.  Some parts even longer, apart from the songs that is.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 20 2007 on  12:04 AM
Is she that huge longneck?  I vaguely remember a large longneck meeting a male who is larger then her, but don't recall any detail but that.
You're on the nose! :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rewatched the movie recently.  I would assume by her various behavior that she has strong maternal instincts, and was likely looking for a mate.  As I recall at the gathering of longnecks she walks around looking around as if looking for something.  One could say she could have been looking for old friends, or for a possible mate her size or preferably larger, when she bumps into the larger male supersaurus.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I won't judge on her conduct all I know if it was for her Littlefoot would have been dead.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll stand by my earlier statement of I think, from watching it then, that she has likely strong maternal instincts and was looking for a mate, preferably one larger then her, to start a family with.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't like this topic seeing as whoever wrote it seems suspicious of Sue. She was definitely the best part about10. For me at least. She's so sweet, she's brave, and a beautiful color. I love her, and wish she'd gotten a singing part. It was so nice that she found a boyfriend at the end, but also sad cause it meant she wouldn't go back with the others. But hey, if that's where her heart lies, no one should stop her.  ;)  I do hope she'll return for a possible sequel someday. She beats Tria (who's still cool, of course) anyday, in my opinion.