The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I FINALLY saw LBT XI.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This Creepy Crawlies installment is part of certain category of LBT films.

To me they can be broken into categories:

The Darker Chapters :cry
-The darker films, at this point only one really falls into this category.
The Land Before Time 1988

The Best and Balanced Sequels :DD
-Has elements of the Original's Tension and Peril, Emotional Depth, and Great Storytelling.
The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through Mists
The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock
The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire
The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration

The Sweeter Sequels :smile
-Singing set ups, and the peril feels rather like Superman film, no one is going to die.
The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure
The Land Before Time III: The Time of Great Giving
The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island
The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water
The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave (Almost fell into Simpler sec)

The Simpler Sequels :neutral
-Dialogue was dumbed down; at times it verges on babyish, and the stories are simpler. The Great Day of Flyers and Invasion of Tinysaurs are fun, but less complicated than say The Great Longneck Migration and Journey Through Mists.
The Land Before Time IX: Invasion of the Tinysaurs
The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of Flyers
The Land Before Time XII: The Wisdom of Friends
The Land Before Time Series

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 27 2017 on  09:58 PM
This Creepy Crawlies installment is part of certain category of LBT films.

To me they can be broken into categories:

The Darker Chapters :cry
-The darker films, at this point only one really falls into this category.
The Land Before Time 1988

The Best and Balanced Sequels :DD
-Has elements of the Original's Tension and Peril, Emotional Depth, and Great Storytelling.
The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through Mists
The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock
The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire
The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration

The Sweeter Sequels :smile
-Singing set ups, and the peril feels rather like Superman film, no one is going to die.
The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure
The Land Before Time III: The Time of Great Giving
The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island
The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water
The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave (Almost fell into Simpler sec)

The Simpler Sequels :neutral
-Dialogue was dumbed down; at times it verges on babyish, and the stories are simpler. The Great Day of Flyers and Invasion of Tinysaurs are fun, but less complicated than say The Great Longneck Migration and Journey Through Mists.
The Land Before Time IX: Invasion of the Tinysaurs
The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of Flyers
The Land Before Time XII: The Wisdom of Friends
The Land Before Time Series
I agree with the list entirely, but I would put V in the best and balanced sequels if it was me. I feared for Chomper's mother's life quite a bit in the fight...

Why do people think that XI is better than X? X is my favorite sequel - or wait, maybe LBT V is. Either way, XI was my second least favorite sequel, there's no way I could ever rank it above X...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I, too, agree greatly with this list. Especially I'd like to raise up the Secret of Saurus Rock in the best sequels list as I found that it has some really funny dialogue, especially from Cera, and it managed to establish a good, interesting setting with the way to the Saurus Rock. Also, for some sick reason, I found Dana and Dinah somewhat amusing and the thing with bad luck once again took LBT to a more magical direction. Sure, it had one of the worst sharpteeth in the series but hey, no film's perfect. :lol

Who's saying XI is better than X? The Invasion of Tinysaurs is close to terrible! :anger.

Edit: Oh, I see after reading this thread. I guess there's some point with ranking the Great Migration somewhat badly but I'd never put these two on the same line.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I preferred LBT X because it added a dimension to Little Foot's character (Bron), while LBT XI: Invasion of Tinysauruses didn't advance really any of Gang of Five's characters much, and was really just revisiting the "don't be prejudiced" message from LBT IV: Journey Through The Mists.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 27 2017 on  04:09 PM
I preferred LBT X because it added a dimension to Little Foot's character (Bron), while LBT XI: Invasion of Tinysauruses didn't advance really any of Gang of Five's characters much, and was really just revisiting the "don't be prejudiced" message from LBT IV: Journey Through The Mists.
Dimension?  
As in more or one view?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 27 2017 on  04:11 PM
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 27 2017 on  04:09 PM
Dimension?  
As in more or one view?
Nay, dimension as in level or going deeper:
Usually, dimensions.
measurement in length, width, and thickness.
scope; importance:
the dimensions of a problem.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera got develloped... Tria :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Oct 3 2017 on  03:44 PM
Cera got develloped... Tria :)
hell yeah
I like XI not becasue of Littlefoot's and Tinysaurs' storylie but because Cera's, Tria's and Topps' storyline. Well, and how adults acted like genocide tyrants.