The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who am I?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
*just watching until I see one that I know* :p

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alrighty then.  This one might be a little tricky.

I was once leader of my pack, and died to save the one who saved me from death by my own pack.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This one's tough. Balto? Just a guess.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know the movie Balto, but didn't he survive?

Somebody died to save the one who saved him or her from being killed by the own pack (apparently the one we are talking about lost leadership of the pack). Pack strongly suggests it's an animal...
I can't think of the answer right now. Is it better known through a book or through a movie?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's definitely not Balto. ;)  Balto never had a pack.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It was first known through a book, until later when they made movies and TV shows about it (in their own versions anyway).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is quite a while since I read "Wolvesblood" written by Jack London, and I don't remember the details. But does not the wolve die when he saved the man who had saved him from his pack? It may be totally differen and I don't even remember the wolve being the leader of the pack at all. But there were several movies about it. And it seems the closest guess available in my mind right now.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Getting a little closer.  The wolf actually saved the man twice, the second time he finally died.  The man saved the wolf years after the wolf saved him from death, therefore the man repayed him by saving his life from his own pack to turned against him (by the Law and by influence by someone who is NOT the member of the pack).  Most of the movies and shows about this book was mostly animation, only one movie was live action (but none of these shows/movies displayed anything about the wolf's death, because they were all rated G to PG).

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's been a long time since I've read Call of the Wild but doesn't Buck save someone?  I'm getting fuzzy images of that dog saving someone....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He does, but I can't remember the name of the person he saves.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunitely no.  You've gotten very close, but wrong book and wrong character.  

If anyone knows someone by the name of Chuck Jones, a famous artist who helped made cartoons from the Dr. Suess books, and the hilarious Road Runner vs. Wile E. Coyote shorts, then maybe you'd know that Jones also did a cartoon on the first chapter of this "jungle book," the very chapter when this wolf saved the life of the man who later saved him from his own pack at the end of the chapter.  It was the last chapter of the book where the wolf died saving the man again.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think my hints are bring people too far off.  The character was Akela, from The Jungle Book.  He first appeared in the chapter "Mowgli's Brothers," where he helped save Mowgli's life from Shere Khan.  At the end of the chapter, Shere Khan led most of the pack against Akela when he got old, and Mowgli saved his life.  But in the last chapter of the book, Akela died while saving Mowgli from a stampede, and that's when Mowgli decided to return to civilization.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah.  I'm giving the stage to Arvens, since he made the closest guess.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Arvens, your turn to come up with a persona description.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm going to pass since I don't have any books on me to give a good description of the character I want to. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Which character did you mean to describe Arvens?

Hailed as a god and stoned by my own people I had the misfortune to live to see the return of other "gods".

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well if I told you that Malte, then I couldn't use him the next time I get a chance to. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ I thought you had given up on the character once and for all.

Another hint:

I feared the feathered snake.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(I don't have an answer to your question Malte, but I needed the book to make sure I had the name right, so if I get another opportunity, I'll use him.)