The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My fanfic

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Chapter 37 is here!)

Chapter 37:  Cold Hearts and Cold Fire Part 3

Sharptooth called attention to everyone else one more time before they set out.   “My fellow sharpteeth,” he roared in a powerful and leading way, “This may be the most dangerous thing we’ve ever done together. We must not give up hope, and we must support each other here.”  Everyone responded by nodding silently but respectfully. Sharptooth got all his fellow sharpteeth in his sights. “Now’s the time to depart.” The groups began heading out.

Chomper and Ruby, in the stone-hunting group, stayed besides all the grownups. Dein and Terri requested that there son stay by them in case something happens. “We don’t want to see your hurt son,” Terri said to Chomper.

“I know mom, don’t worry,” replied Chomper.  Chomper knew his parents always do anything they can to keep him safe in dangerous situations, and he didn’t mind. That’s what a good parent was.

Sharptooth looked over at Mr. Belly Dragger. “Do you have anay knowledge about the Stone of Cold Fire that might aid us in our search for it?” he asked.

Mr. Belly Dragger took a moment to think while he kept walking. “Well, I do know some….”facts” on it based off the legend.  The story goes that the Stone can only grant one wish per dinosaur, and that there’s supposed to be some words, a chant if you will, that allows the wisher’s wish to be granted.” Chomper silently huhed some “When I made my wish, I didn’t say anything like a chant, maybe the stone changed too after my wish was granted.”

“But do you know anything about where we can find it?” Sharptooth asked. Mr. Belly Dragger nodded.

“They say it’s somewhere on the ground, not on a cliff or anything.” Mr. Belly Dragger replied. Since the belly dragger began talking, there was something brewing in the back of Chomper’s mind. There was something he was trying to remember, but the memory just wouldn’t quite come.

Elsewhere, Petrie and Tera were far ahead of everyone else. “Pterano should be not far from her,” Tera said, remembering her brother’s instructions. She began sniffing the air. “I’m picking up his trail.” Soon, Petrie picked up his uncle’s scent too.

As they were flying around the top of a canyon, they heard a voice calling to them. A voice they recognized. “I’m here sister,” the voice called. “Brother,” Tera said, flying down to Pterano. Pterano looked surprised that his nephew had also come along “Hi uncle,” Petrie said.
Pterano smiled at his nephew back, but then turned to face his sister. If she had went all this way to find him, he knew he had to be correct all along. “Rinkus and Sierra……they are up to no good, correct?” he big sharptooth flyer asked.

“Worse,” Tera replied sternly. “Right it front of Sharptooth and a lot of the kids….they abducted a little infant. A friend of Petrie’s baby sister, a fast biter named Tricia.” Pterano looked shocked, but he wasn’t surprised the two flyers would do something so terrible.  

“We have to track them down,” Pterano planned. “Then we’ll wait for a moment those two are by themselves. Then we’ll strike them, sister.”  Tera and Pterano, in addition to being great hunters, could really hold their own in a fight if need be.  Pterano looked at his nephew “Petrie, if we encounter them…..you’ll have to stay on the sidelines, is that ok?” Petrie nodded yes.  The flyers set off. Little did any of the groups of sharpteeth know that there was another group unknowingly close to the flyer’s lair already….

Rita, Strut, Rory, Myra, Greg, and Mo were, much to their unknowing, a mere few yards away from the evil flyers’ lair, Ichy following them to make sure Greg would be OK.  Rita suddenly stopped. “Guys….I’m feeling cold again,” she started to shiver. “And now I feel…..colder than ever.”  Everyone ran up to her, and asked if she was OK.

Just above, two flatteeth flyers were guarding the entrance to their lair when they heard the commotion the 6 dinosaurs down below had caused.  “Wonder that they are doing?” one guard asked the other. “Don’t care,” replied the other guard, but then they looked at each other with evil grins. “However….this could be an opportunity to test out that trick we’ve been meaning to try.”  They looked at big piles of pointy rocks on top of the cliffs of both sides of the canyon.

“Did you guys see something?” Rory asked, failing to notice one of the flyers fly overhead to the other side of the narrow gorge they were walking through. “No,” replied Myra. “I could have sworn I saw a flyer or something.” Rory said.

Ironically, what the flyers were about to attempt was a more intended-on-harm version of what the gang had done a few weeks ago when they stopped Redfoot’s plan.  They each got behind the piles of rocks, which were on a little slant. “Farewell,” one flyer said in silent wickedness, and then the two proceeded to knock the rocks down.

“Huh?!” said Myra, hearing something, looking up. The leafeaters noticed a massive amount of rocks/boulers falling towards them! “Everyone get out of the way!” Strut yelled to the children. “Oh gosh, Greg!” Icky yelled, flying into action hoping to save his son. What happened next was hard to tell. A big cloud of dust enveloped the area.

After what seemed like forever, the flyers descended to see what was the result of their trap. When the dust cleared, they had seen that Strut, Rory, Myra, and Mo had jumped out of the way……but Rita and Greg were nowhere to be seen.  “YOU FIENDS!” Strut yelled, the fast runner could tell that this was no accident. “Rita…..Greg….” the other 3 kids said sadly.

“Hmph, more hostages never hurt us,” one of the flyers grinned. He then proceeded to fly swiftly towards Strut and rammed his him against the wall. Strut bumped his head badly and was knocked unconscious. “STRUT!” Myra, Rory, and Mo yelled.

One of the flyer’s lifted up Strut’s out-cold body and put it on his back. The other flyer looked at the children. “You clearly have no chance of escape, so don’t try to run and we won’t kill you right away.” Myra wanted to say many things to the flyer, but she knew if she said them, she’d probably get herself and her friends killed.  Two more flyers quickly swooped by and grabbed all 3 of the kids and flew them back up to the lair.

Icky, who had remained unnoticed, flied over in terror towards the pile of rocks. “It….can’t….be…..Greg!” he yelled. The flyer was about to cry (Yes, even Icky can cry) when some of the rocks started to move.  The young spiketail emerged from a not so deep part of the pile. “Ugh…..dad?” Greg said, dizzy from the impact, but not injured.  Icky quickly helped his son out of the pile. “What was that?!” he yelled, having no idea of what just happened.

“I…..don’t….know,” panted a voice. It was Rita, who managed to dive into an alcove on the other side of the pile.

“Rita! You’re alive!” called Greg.  But the big rock pile separated the two friends, as they couldn’t get across it. Sure, Icky could fly over, but that won’t be enough. “Greg….you and your dad have to get back to the valley. Get everyone you can to help,” Rita instructed, catching her breath.

“What about you?” Greg asked nervously. Icky wasn’t strong enough to pick up a longneck so Rita couldn’t get back to their side. “I’ll try to find somebody. I…don’t know, to help us. Look, our friends are in danger, we have no time to think of something else,” Rita said. “Ok,” Greg said. “Dad, we gotta get mom and everybody who’ll help.”

AT THE MEADOW OF JUMPING WATERS……..

A herd of t-rex were relaxing by the warm waters. Two sharptooth parents were just enjoying each other’s company when their kids arrived looking a little annoyed. “What’s brothering you son?” Tyran asked. “I just lost at a game of Toss the Seed,” Shorty complained. “Shorty, remember that winning isn’t everything,” said Tyran.

“Yeah, because Littlefoot’s such a goody,” Shorty said annoyed.  Shorty did care for his brother, but their personality difference did occasionally annoy him. “In fact, I can smell his goodness right now,” he said sarcastically. Then, he sniffed the air. “No way,” he said, a familiar scent reaching his sniffer.

“Mom! Dad! Shorty!” Littlefoot called, running ahead of the rest of the group. The swimming sharpteeth had went in a different direction to find allies in the water. Littlefoot’s family ran up to him, happy (yet confused) to see him.

“Littlefoot! It’s great to see you! But why have you come here?” Tyran asked.  “I need…your help,” Littlefoot said, his friends and the rest of the search party soon catching up. “With what?” Saura asked, confused.

One of the grownup fast biters explained what had went down with Rinkus, Sierra, and all the other flyers. Every rex who overheard the summary of the recent events went wide-eyed.  “So….some psycho flyers want to find this so-called magical stone and they are forcing everyone in the Great Valley to look for it or they’ll kill a baby fast biter?” Shorty said, hoping he understood the situation. All the sharpteeth nodded yes. “That….is seriously messed up,” Shorty said.

“So you’ll help us?” Littlefoot asked. “Of course Littlefoot,” Tyran replied.  “But we have to move fast, we don’t have much time,” a belly dragger explained to the rex herd. Tyran, Saura, Shorty, and the rest nodded in agreement and started to follow them to their next destination.

WALKING ALONG A CANYONSIDE…….

Veli would not stop moving.  Even when Cira suggested they take a half-hour break to hunt down some prey for a quick bite, Veli responded with “Resting is for sharpteeth who have nothing better to do!” Grandpa Sharptooth understood Veli’s rage, so he promised the group he would hunt down something by himself and catch up with them.

Eventually, the hunting for the flyers’ group did agree on taking a water break.  As Cera began taking a few sips from a waterhole, Ducky suddenly emerged from the water. “Hi Cera, I surprised you, I did, I did.”  Cera looked shocked as all the other swimming sharpteeth emerged and looked at the landwalkers.

“How’d you end up here?” Cira asked. Mama Swimming Sharptooth swam over.

“There’s a series of underground, underwater tunnels we found that only swimming dinosaurs can use,” she explained.  “This’ll help us in navigating without being seen in case there are those evil flyers patrolling the area.” She explained. Cira looked intrigued. “Good thinking,” she thought.   Grandpa Sharptooth soon returned with a big longneck he had caught.

AT THE FLYERS’ LAIR……….

Rinkus and Sierra were just enjoying themselves, witnessing a few of their colleagues take in the latest hostages, 4 leafeaters. Rinkus had an idea. “Put them in the cave with the fast biter. That would be interesting to see….”

In the cave where she was being held, Tricia was feeling very sick. The green food she had been served, while tasty to a flattooth by their standards, was absolutely disgusting to her. She’d kill for some meat right now (Which is technically how she’d get the meat in the first place, but you know what I mean). Just then, the boulder blocking the cave was moved slightly. Dack had thrown in Myra, Rory, and Mo.

“How dare you!” Myra yelled, but then noticed their cell/cave-mate. A fast biter! “Great, now we’re gonna get eaten,” she cried scared. But then Rory looked at Tricia.

“Myra…it’s just a baby,” Rory said, still scared by the flyers but not by the young fast biter.  “I heard baby sharpteeth can’t really kill leafeaters by themselves, they need a grownup’s help.”  Mo looked over at Tricia and smiled a bit.

“Yeah, she looks harmless,” the swimmer commented, but then noticed how scared Tricia looked.  “She’s so terrified…” Mo commented.

“Yeah, like we should be,” Myra said sadly. “Look, Greg and Rita are dead, and no one knows we’re here, we’re going to die!” she began to cry.

“You got that right brat,” Dack laughed sinisterly.  However, thankfully, Myra was wrong. Rita and Greg were alive.  And they were going to do everything they could to help stop this madness.

BACK AT FLATTOOTH VALLEY…….

Greg and Icky dashed/flew as fast they possibly could to the center of the valley. “What’s going on?” Julie asked, wondering where her daughter and her friends had been. “Yeah Icky, what did you do now?” Dil taunted.

“Not…..me.” Icky panted.  “Myra…..Rory…..Mo…..Strut……they’ve been kidnapped,” Greg said, nearly out of breath himself.  Everyone gasped. “But what about Rita?” Julie asked. “She got away, but she’s on another side of the Mysterious Beyond trying to get help,” Greg explained.

SOMEWHERE IN THE SKY………

“Do you have any idea where those bad guys would be hiding at?” Petrie asked.

“I’m sure it would be a place only flyers could access,” Pterano replied, he knew how Rinkus and Sierra think.  Pterano sniffed the air. “I can smell one of the groups you mentioned sister,” he said to Tera.

“Yeah, I believe that’s the group that is trying to hunt down those flyers personally,” replied Tera.  “I just hope…” Pterano began to reply,

“That if we are not successful in our efforts, that they would be in theirs.”  Petrie got a little nervous at this comment.

BACK IN THE GROUP CHOMPER IS IN……

(After I realized I practically ignored this group the whole chapter….)

“We can estimate that the Stone of Cold Fire would be in a secluded place,” Sharptooth commented, “Since they have not been able to find it themselves despite their ability to fly.”  

Ruby was looking at Chomper, “Is something bothering you Chomper?” the fast biter asked the rex.  “Yeah, kind of,” Chomper replied. “It’s like…there’s something I should be remembering, but I just can’t right now,” he explained.

Chomper was also thinking about the Stone of Cold Fire itself.  If it only granted one wish per dino and required a chant now, he couldn’t do anything even if they did find it.
In the middle of all this thinking, however….

“HELP!” a leafeater voice called. “I NEED SOMEBODY!” Chomper went wide-eyed, as did Sharptooth. It was Rita! “I…got to go check something,” Chomper said to Ruby, and quickly took off, Ruby looking a bit confused.

Chomper was soon followed by Sharptooth. “It’s that longneck friends of yours right?” Sharptooth asked. “Yeah,” replied Chomper. They rounded a bend, and soon Rita noticed the two sharpteeth, and screamed a bit.

“AGH! SHAR……Chomper?!” she said, turning from fear to relief. She also recognized Sharptooth as well. “What are you doing out here?” she asked.

“While what about you, and where is everyone else?” Chomper asked. They both responded with the same response:

“It’s a long story.”

TO BE CONTINUED…..

Next time:  Pterano, Tera, and Petrie team up with the leafeaters, a secret entrance to the flyer’s lair is discovered by the good guys, and the final battle is nearing after the Stone is located……

(Just one more reminder, the wish will NOT be reversed at the end of the story. The leafeaters will remain as sharpteeth, and vice-versa.)

A LITTLE BONUS………

The sharptooth version of the gang (The main seven, as well as Tippy and Guido) walk out and face the reader, all wearing Santa hats.

RUBY: Happy celebration time everyone…..Again!

LITTLEFOOT: The human called brekclub85 tells us that you humans are celebrating an important celebration pretty soon, that you call Christmas.

GUIDO:  We hear it’s a time that families and friends come together, and we think that’s something very important. Right guys? (Everyone nods.)

CERA:  We also hear it’s a time for giving, as well as receiving… (Everyone else looks at her, she chuckles nervously.) But giving’s the more important part.  (Everyone smiles.)

PETRIE:  We wish you and everyone you know a very safe, fun, and enjoyable Christmas season. You use the word season, right?

DUCKY: Yup Yup Yup. In fact…..

TIPPY: Tippy and the others each got you a gift, by the suggestion of brekclub85.

SPIKE: (Nods.)

CHOMPER:  So pretty soon, you will receive our gift to you: A nice tasty threehorn carcass, as well as a lucky tooth.

EVERYONE: Merry Christmas to all, and to all…….

(Shows their teeth.) A good bite!  (Laugh happily and walk off.)

CERA: Man, saying that is always fun.

(Read and Review! Hope you liked the 2nd holiday announcement I did.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, hope you enjoy it, but chances are since this is chapter 38 you’d only be reading it if you already like the story.)

Chapter 38:  Cold Hearts and Cold Fire Part 4

“You go first,” Rita said to Chomper. “So, why are you out here?”

Chomper sighed, thinking of where to begin. “You see, what happened was me and my friends noticed a weird fast biter was following my friend Ruby, and we thought he was bad news, right? But then we tracked him down and we found out this fast biter was actually there to protect Ruby, he was hired to do that by her parents who died some time ago, we then thought everyone was ok but then two flyers named Rinkus and Sierra showed up and kidnapped Cera’s sister Tricia and we have to find the Stone of Cold Fire, and everyone in the Great Valley split into 3 groups: one for finding the stone, which is the one I’m in, one for tracking down the lair of the evil flyers, and one for finding other sharpteeth to help us, and here we are now.” Chomper concluded.

Rita went wide-eyed, this was a lot of info to take in at once. But there was one key phrase in Chomper’s story that bugged her:  evil flyers.  Were they the same ones who abducted her friends?  “Well, me, Myra, Rory, Greg, Mo, and Strut went out into the Mysterious Beyond because I had weird feelings, but all of a sudden we were nearly crushed under these big falling rocks, you see, I got out of the way but got hurt a bit, and I noticed everyone besides Greg was kidnapped by some evil flyers also got taken to a cave in the middle of a mountainside, then Greg went back to get help from my valley and I was stuck on this side of the rocks, and now I found you two.”

Sharptooth looked horrified, was there no trace of dinomanity (pun on humanity) in these flyers at all?! “I seems we are on similar goals,” Sharptooth commented. If those flyers are still out there, you’re best just at safety is to stay with us,” he said, remembering Rita from the Redfoot incident.

“Ok sir,” Rita replied.  Even though they only met once, Rita trusted Sharptooth, he was quite wise.  But there was one thing bothering her……Chomper and Sharptooth were part of a bigger group of sharpteeth, and she would never exactly forget one particular thing Chomper had said to her back when he taught them how to speak sharptooth. Sharptooth could see Rita’s nervousness and immediately figured it out.

“Don’t worry, I’ll inform everyone that you are now part of our group and not lunch or dinner. Not all sharpteeth eat every leafeater they see.”  “Oh, don’t worry, I’ve learned better,” replied Rita, who grew to be more knowledgeable about how the Circle of Life truly works, but still, you can’t blame her from being freaked out by the thought.

Elsewhere, the leafeaters had gathered a search-and-destroy-flyers search party of their own. Greg, Icky, Dil, Redfoot, Julie, Elsie, and Myra and Rory’s parents had all ventured out into the Mysterious Beyond.  Everyone was most surprised by the fact that it was leafeater flyers who had kidnapped everyone.  “Do you remember exactly where everyone was taken?” Redfoot asked. That was a problem. Since they were in such a hurry  to get back to the leafeater valley, Greg and Icky had forgotten the specific directions, and only had the general idea.

“You moron,” Dil said to Icky angrily. She didn’t say it just for the sake of joking, she was honestly angry that Icky could not quite remember something so direly important.  There was silence among the 2-spiketails and 1-flyer family.

MEANWHILE, IN THE SKY………..

Pterano, Tera, and Petrie had taken a moment’s break to rest and eat.  A lone threehorn was walking nearby, and since everyone of the three was hungry, they went for it.  Petrie was getting nervous about something. “We only have one day left,” he said nervously.  Pterano knew the ultimatum Rinkus and Sierra had given the sharpteeth would be over soon, and they had to act fast.

“You know….maybe it was a bad idea to try to do this by ourselves,” Tera said. They knew these evil flyers were much more of a threat then the three of them could take on. Just then, two scents came into the area. Tera smelled one while Pterano and Petrie smelled the other.

“I smell one of the groups Sharptooth had formed,” said Tera.  But the smell that caught the males’ sniffers was quite different. “I smell….a group of leafeaters, of many different types,” Pterano noted.  When Petrie smelled the leafeaters, he realized two things.

“I can smell Redfoot,” Petrie said surprised. Pterano noticed the smell and agreed with his nephew, but that wasn’t the only familiar odor he noticed. “He’s not the only one I can smell with my sniffer,” Pterano said.  “I also recognize two of the flatteeth from our quest to decontaminate the water in he Great Valley: the little spiketail and that annoying flyer.”  

“But what would they be doing out here?” Petrie asked confused.  Pterano had a theory.  “Stay here, I’ll be back,” Pterano instructed his relatives.

Back at the stone-searching group, Sharptooth and Chomper had introduced Rita to everyone, and since they knew she wasn’t a threat, and that two of them knew her well, the group accepted her.  Rita knew, however, that there wouldn’t be much more time before she would become enemies with sharpteeth, so she knew she should consider herself lucky.

Throughout both realities, Chomper was aware that when he got bigger, he wouldn’t be able to see his leafeater friends anymore, even if they would always have their bonds. He had learned to accept this fact.  At least in this reality he lived in a place where he wasn’t in constant danger.  But as the group was walking, Chomper started to feel like the area they were in was……familiar.
Sharptooth had assured Rita that when they delivered the stone, they would demand for the release of her friends too.  As they walked, Terri came up to Rita.

“Um…..hello?” Rita smiled nervously.  Terri asked Chomper to translate for her. “Weren’t you one of the leafeaters who took the egg that was Chomper when we took over the Great Valley?” she questioned.  Rita remembered that mix-up well. “I was,” she admitted

“I was always angry at you for a while since that happened,” Terri replied, and Chomper translated.  “My mate and I, in the days our egg was missing, were always terrified that we had lost our baby forever, and when we found Chomper by the scent of his egg, we thought, since you leafeaters always seemed to hate sharpteeth, we thought you were going to kill him, and that’s why we tried to harm you. I’m….sorry. We wanted to harm you, and it wasn’t even for food we needed.”

After Chomper translated his mother’s apology, Rita started to look sad slightly. Asking Chomper to translate for her, Rita said “And I’m sorry too. Me and my friends never considered that Chomper’s parents would be looking for him, that was back when we thought sharpteeth were mindless and uncaring.”  The little longneck and the mother t-rex had finally had a sense of closure, so now they could focus on their flying problem.

BACK AT THE LAIR…….

Dack had thrown in more leaves for the prisoners. Tricia sighed sadly and chewed on the awful leaves.  Of the 3 kids, Rory was probably the most understanding right now, even though he wasn’t that good with infants.

“Hey, it’ll be ok,” he tried to say.  But Rory wasn’t sure. Would someone ever find them here? If not, now was the best time to say what he wanted to say.  He began chewing on some leaves.

“Myra….” Rory began. “What is it?” the girl threehorn asked.  

“I….” Rory tried to say, “I…..I….ACK!” Rory, who wasn’t focusing on how he was chewing, began choking on his food. “Hang on!” Mo called, running to Rory’s side and pushing on his neck, helping force the stuck leaves out.

“Thanks Mo,” coughed Rory. Myra looked at him. “What were you going to say Rory?” she asked.

“Never mind,” Rory replied, embarrassed.

“Simple and utterly pathetic,” Dack laughed evilly.

BACK WITH VELI’S GROUP……..

“I smell flyers, a large congregation too,” Cira noted.  Veli looked angry. “IT HAS TO BE THEM!” he yelled. The smell was still in the distance, but they could determine one thing.

“It’s up in the sky,” Growley noted. Growley’s sniffer had never quite fully recovered from the boulder that Rita, Rory, Myra, and Greg had pushed on him (Even though he didn’t know their names of course.), but he could still smell the general directions other dinosaurs were in.  

“We could handle them!” Petrie’s siblings said in unison, but then Veli gave them a look suggesting “Do You Really Think You Can Take Them On By Your Own?”  “Good point,” commented Glider.

BACK WITH THE LEAFEATERS……..

“Oh man, I can’t remember the spot right,” Greg said, thinking hard. “If we could just find the pile of fallen rocks…” Greg was angry at himself, his friends could be injured, or worse…..right now, and it would’ve been his fault for not remembering where they were taken.  Little did they know, a flyer was approaching them…..

“Hello down there,” Pterano called in leafeater standing atop a cliff.  The brigade of berry-eaters (just used that term for alliteration) looked confused, not seeing where the voice was coming from, but then Greg looked up.  “Hey! I remember you!” the little spiketail called.

Rory and Myra’s folks, Dil, Julie, and Elsie all looked confused. Icky, Greg, and Redfoot all remembered Pterano.  “Who is that?” Rory’s father asked confused.  “And is part of those evil flyers?!” Dil asked angrily.

“No mom,” Greg replied, “He was a flyer I met a while ago, I know he’s a good guy……technically.”  “What do you mean son?” Dil asked.

“He was……a flying sharptooth who me and my friends helped stop Redfoot back when he was kind of insane,” Greg admitted.  “FLYING SHARPTOOTH?!” Rory’s father screamed.

Pteraon was still atop the cliff, so no one could reach him while he tried to explain. “I have a question:” he called in a loud voice, “Is the reason, by any chance, that you have ventured out into the Mysterious Beyond is because you are hunting down flyers?”  

Everyone looked surprised, but suspicious, except for Julie, who was examining Pterano’s eyes “Correct, but why do you want to know?” Redfoot asked. The big longneck was more understanding of sharpteeth since the river incident, but that didn’t stop him from being suspicious of possible traps.

“Then we are on the same paths my friend,” Pterano said. “A young resident of my valley, a baby fast biter has also been kidnapped. I believe someone or someones you know have also been taken?”

“That’s right,” replied Dil, still untrusting. “Then you have no chance of finding them without joining up with the sharpteeth, the group you seek to find is too powerful even with your small brigade.”  Dil, Rory and Myra’s parents, and even Elsie scoffed. “How dumb do you think we are?” Rory’s father asked. Pterano had an insult prepared, but he knew this would make them not want to help.

“I……believe him,” Julie said suddenly, her truth detecting ability acting up again.  Greg also trusted Pterano, he thought he was cool from the time they first met. “Julie, are you insane?!” Myra’s mother yelled.  Even though she was aware that Julie was ALWAYS right in her personality-judging abilities, but they still thought this was ludicrous.  

Julie took a leader’s voice, because she felt it was necessary. “Look, some of our children are missing, they are in clearly grave danger, we don’t know which direction to do in, and now someone offers us assistance, I know he’s telling the truth!” Everyone looked surprised at how certain she was.

Redfoot let out a sigh, then looked up at Pterano.  “Ok…..we’ll believe you. But if you or any of the sharpteeth on your side go against us, we will not hesitate to kill you and them.”  Pterano nodded at Redfoot’s condition. “I understand. But believe me….we’re not the ones you have to worry about.”

BACK AT THE HUNTING HERD………

Littlefoot and the rest had gathered family and friends of every kind of sharpteeth they could find and rejoined with Veli’s group.  “We know they’re nearby, but we can’t determine their exact location,” Cira explained to everyone. “HEY!” the group turned their heads and saw Tera flying to them.

“Tera? Where were you all this time?” asked Cira, having no idea where or why her flying friend had left.  Tera then proceeded to explain to them, as Pterano requested, Pterano’s plan about teaming up with leafeaters.

“IS HE CRAZY?!” Veli yelled, “Those moronic flatteeth can’t help us in anyway!” Cira looked at Veli annoyed. Sure, she hunted down leafeaters as much as the next sharptooth, but she didn’t think they were stupid. Just tasty.  

Tera then said how the leafeaters were in a similar scenario as Veli and Cira were in. “Tricia…” Cera said sadly, she couldn’t stop thinking of the danger her baby sister was in.

Veli stood there angry for a minute.  Everyone else was willing to accept the leafeater’s help. After a few minutes, the father fast biter finally muttered “Ok.”
BACK IN CHOMPER’S GROUP…..

The Bright Circle was going down.  They had less than 24 hours to find the Stone of Cold Fire and get it to Black Rock.  Even though none of the sharpteeth had made any hungry motions towards Rita, she decided to stay around the two sharpteeth she trusted. Zidane stayed by Ruby, he was still her body guard.

Ruby and Chomper cuddled up together that night. “Who’s that?” Rita asked chomper, she could see this fast biter was close to him.

“This is Ruby,” Chomper replied in leafeater.  “She’s……..my girlfriend,” he finally admitted. Rita let out a smirk. “So Rory WAS right back then,” she laughed.  “It’s not embarrassing,” Chomper replied. “I love her. And she loves me.”

Rita sighed. “I’m glad for you Chomper,” she said. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll find somebody someday Rita,” the sharptooth replied. “Well, there is a longneck I see back in the valley….” She said.

Suddenly, it hit Chomper. He knew where the Stone of Cold Fire could be!

BACK AT THE GROUP OF BOTH TYPES OF DINOSAURS…….

Pterano, with the testimonies of Greg and Icky, was finally able to determine where the flyers’ lair was.  “How could I have not realized this before?” Pterano laughed to himself. “What? Where are they?” Tera asked, not knowing what her brother was getting at.

“But when I was young and had gotten into my daredevil way of life, I used to hold celebrations there all the time.  When I first met Rinkus and Sierra, I told them about the vast caverns that could only be reached if you’re a flyer. They than apparently decided to use that as the base of their sick operation.”   He explained this in both languages.

“So what can we do?!” Dil asked angrily.  Pterano quickly said what they were going to do to Tera. She would explain the plan to the sharpteeth, while Pterano would explain the strategy to the leafeaters.

“One thing I never told anyone about…..was a secret exit located on the bottom of the opposite side of the entrance. If you follow these hidden tunnels, you eventually reach what seems like a dead end. However, it you push this one wall really hard, it allows you access to the main portion, where we can ambush them. Flyers are strong, but they’ll never stop all our combined efforts.”

Redfoot listened to Pterano’s words.  Sharptooth and Pterano, and perhaps the little one known as Chomper were the only sharpteeth he had ever heard speak their language.  As much as he hated them for their tastes in food, he had to admit….all 3 of them were wise.

BACK AT CHOMPER’S GROUP…………
Chomper was running ahead of the rest of the group. “What do you mean you might know where the stone is son?” Dein called, followed by the rest of the sharpteeth + Rita.  Chomper thought about what to say next.

Chomper had remembered where he was when he made his wish, and he realized: the Stone of Cold Fire was still probably there!  But he knew he wouldn’t be able to explain how he himself had made a wish on it that altered reality, and changed leaf eaters into meat eaters, and vice-versa.  He then thought of a good alternate explanation.

“Um…when Mr. Belly Dragger described what the Stone looked like, I remembered seeing a rock that matched the description when I went hunting once!” was Chomper’s explanation, and everyone believed that.  Chomper and the rest of the group were near where Chomper’s family lived in the previous reality. Chomper just hoped his secret private cave was still there.

The group rounded a bend following Chomper’s instructions, and they came across a small cave. Inside the cave was an oddly shaped and colored rock. It was the Stone of Cold Fire!  “You were correct son!” Terri smiled.  “It looks exactly how I the story goes,” said Mr. Belly Dragger amazed. “Chomper, you did it!” Ruby smiled, the fast biter giving Chomper a big hug. Chomper blushed so much you would’ve thought his body had permanently turned a shade of red.

But Sharptooth still had a stern look on his face.  “But we have to get the stone to Black Rock before our time limit runs out. Tricia’s life is hanging in the balance.”  Everyone nodded in serious agreement. But that wasn’t the only thought on Sharptooth’s mind.

“Even if we do what they say, I don’t think this will be a simple transaction. We must be prepared to fight them, and if they are as ruthless as we already are aware of, it may be…to the death.”  Chomper, Ruby, and Rita (who Chomper translated for) gulped.

IN THE FLYERS’ LAIR………

Rinkus noticed that more of their army was arriving at the entrance. “Why is everyone gathering here?” he asked Sierra.  “Simple, I planned a pre-victory party,” Sierra replied with an evil smug.  “Tomorrow will be our finest hour, for all the flyers, who deserve to truly control this world.”

They had little knowledge of all the other dinos around them…

(Read and Review!)

Next Time on The Land Before Time: Sharptooth Valley: In a 2-part, the epic final battle begins. Who will win?

(Just so I can get ideas, readers, if you may, tell me what you want to see in the showdown, I’d want to hear them.)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hmm. I'd say add these 2 things in:

1.) Make the combat as gritty and realistic as possible. Have both sides taking cheap shots at each other (groin attacks, eye gouging, fake out etc.)

2.) (Ties in with #1) Have the dinosaurs in the battle use whatever is available to them there as weapons.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the beginning of the final battle, even though these aren’t the final chapters.  I want to thank Serris and Dark Fox Tailz for giving me some ideas, cause I’ll admit I’m not that great at fight scenes.)

Chapter 39: Fight to the Finish Part 1

Since the groups had spent most of the time without rest, Sharptooth decided that rest was necessary, as they had 14 hours estimated before the ultimatum Rinkus and Sierra had given them was up.  Chomper, Ruby, and Rita were sleeping on the back of Mr. Belly Dragger, his back big enough for the little t-rex, fast biter, and longneck.  But the movement eventually woke them up.

Rita looked at the snow falling around them, it was near the Cold Time, after all.  “The snow is so pretty,” she said, always fascinated by the sight. “Yeah, it’s nice,” Chomper said, still cuddling a sleeping Ruby.  Dein, Terri, and Zidane soon walked up.

“Son, we want you and your friends to stay by us in case those flyers attack,” Terri said. “We will mom,” Chomper replied in sharptooth.  “What did she say?” asked Rita. “She said that we should stay with them in case those flyers attack.” Chomper replied.

“But won’t they agree to release our friends?” Rita asked confused.

“We don’t know,” Chomper replied, “These flyers….they really are evil.”  Ruby awoke at this point. Even though she didn’t know how to speak leafeater, she had an idea of what they were talking about.

“Those fleyers….they caused the death of everyone in my family,” Ruby said, with Chomper translating, “And I can only imagine every else they have hurt. We’ve got to stop them.” Ruby continued.

Rita looked horrified at Ruby’s story. “I’m sorry,” she said somberly, “I don’t know what it’s like to lose family, but I can only imagine it hurts greater than anything else.”  Chomper translated for Ruby, then Rita asked how she got over the pain. Ruby replied, and Chomper translated “I helped a lot,” Chomper smiled, being kissed on the cheek by Ruby.

BACK WITH THE OTHER GROUP…..

Pterano was giving instructions to the swimming sharpteeth in the group. “In Cold Times like this, I’m sure some of the flyers relax in the nearby hot springs, so you need to stay underwater until some of them arrive.”

“Then what Mr. Petrie’s uncle?” Ducky asked, enjoying the hot water.

“Then…you pull them under by their feet and drown them,” Pterano instructed.

Ducky went wide eyed, she had hunted down flatteeth swimmers before, but this was something she had never done before. “Don’t worry Ducky,” Mama Swimming Sharptooth, “Me and the other grownups we’ll take care of this if you don’t think you can.”  “Thanks mommy,” Ducky smiled.

Veli came up to Pterano “How are you so sure that the other flyers aren’t aware of your secret entrance?” the fast biter father asked.

Pterano smirked. “Because when your head’s as high in the puffies as theirs are, you tend to forget what’s on the ground,” he replied.

IN THE LAIR……….

Sierra flew up to Dack. “Some of the other flyers and myself are taking a flight then proceeding to Black Rock.  I’ve decided to take our hostage with me, she should experience one more flight before her death,” Sierra laughed. Sierra had waited till Rory, Tricia, Myra, Mo, and Strut were asleep to say this.  Dack silently pushed the boulder aside, and Sierra flew over to Tricia.

“Time to go,” he smirked in a sinister tone, and picked up Tricia and put her in his claws, and flew out of the Holding Caves, some of the other flyers ( A total of five) decided to follow him.

THE NEXT MORNING……….

Chomper’s group was a few hours walk away from Black Rock, but they would be able to make it within the time limit.  “If they try to harm that baby fast biter, I will tear their freaking throats out,” Zidane vowed.  Ruby nodded, as did Chomper.  Rita had never seen or heard of someone who was pure evil before, so she had no comments right now.

Elsewhere, Pterano was leading both the sharpteeth and the flatteeth (minus the swimming sharpteeth of course) to the opposite side of the mountain from the entrance to the dominion of the evil flyers. “I don’t see any cave entrance,” Redfoot commented angrily.

Pterano let out a sigh. “That’s why it was a SECRET entrance,” he said.  He pointed towards a part of the wall covered completely in moss. “Everyone! I will need assistance in moving the rocks that are covered in this moss.” Dil, Redfoot, Veli, Cira, Growley, Tyran, Saura, and every other name that’s counted as a spelling error on my Microsoft word program were up to the task.  

Most of the dinosaurs with hands cleared the moss away, it had been many cold times since Pterano used this place, so it was a hard, but not too hard job. Redfoot, Tyran, Tera, Julie, and the rest of grownups took out the rocks, revealing a rather large tunnel.
“Wow….” Littlefoot, Shorty, Cera, Petrie, Tippy, and Guido went in unison.  “We must be quick and as silent as we can,” Tera instructed, leading the way alongside her brother. “Got it mom,” Petrie replied.

After about 11 minutes of walking, they came to what looked like a dead end. Pterano ordered the big group to halt.  “This is it everyone,” he said. “On the other side of this wall, there is no turning back until the fight is over. Anyone who doesn’t want to do this doesn’t have to.”  But surprisingly, no one wanted to leave, not even the children. “I’m going to kill every one of them,” Cera muttered angrily, also having extreme anger in this scenario.  “Yeah, let’s destroy them!” Shorty laughed. One quality about their soon that concerned Tyran and Saura was Shorty’s  over eagerness to fight sometimes, but they realized now he had a reason to be.

Veli, Cira, Elsie, Tyran, Dil, Saura, and most of the fast biters began pushing on the rock that would lead to their final battle.  “On the count of 3,” Cira instructed, even though Dil and Elsie had no idea what she was saying. As they were starting to shove the rock, one of the evil flyers noticed that one of the walls was shaking, and he couldn’t figure out why.

AT THE HOT SPRINGS…………

6 of the flyer’s in Rinkus and Sierra’s army were relaxing in the warm waters. “To think…this is our final day before the earth will become ours,” one sighed, relaxed.  “And then all those other asinine species will finally realize who is truly superior,” another nodded. Little did they know what lurked right below them….

The water in the hot springs was a very dark shade of blue, so you could NOT see anything that was under the water. That was the perfect cover the swimming sharpteeth needed. Mama Swimming Sharptooth was giving commands to everyone else (Author’s note: I don’t know if this is true or not (I doubt it is, but it’s just here for the sake of the story), but swimmers of both types, in this story, have a special third language they can use to communicate with each other while underwater.) “We have to be swift,” she said. Everyone must attack at the same time.”  Everyone looked up carefully at the flyer’s feet. They were about to strike.

“What a daAH!” one of the flyers said as he was suddenly grabbed by the feet and pulled under the water by one of the swimming sharpteeth, his 5 allies having a similar fate. Pterano’s strategy had worked. The pressure of being under water greatly slows down a flyer’s main weapon: their flight ability.  5 of the swimming sharpteeth were successfully holding down on the flyer’s feet in their mouths.  After about 30 seconds of struggling, most of the flyers had given up.  Too much water had gotten into their lungs. However, the one Ducky’s mother was holding onto still had some fight left in him.  Using his hand claws, he slashed near Mama swimming Sharptooth’s eye. The impact weakened her grip.

“Mommy!” Ducky yelled, and swam as fast as she could towards the flyer and bit deep into it’s torso.  Normally, the wound inflicted by the bite wouldn’t be enough to kill the flyer, but since they were underwater, the blood came out more faster, severely weakening the flyer, then it finally died.  The swimming sharpteeth surfaced. “Mommy, are you ok?” Ducky asked scared.

“Yes, I am,” Ducky’s mother replied. She had a scratch on her face, but it was safely above her eye and nothing to severe.  “Well, we’ve done our part,” another swimmer said.

BACK IN THE CAVES………

“3!” yelled Cira.  The dinosaurs pushed against the rock so hard that when they pushed inside, the flyer who was standing right there was soon crushed between the rock and the opposite wall.  The edges of the wall were sharp, and one of the spikes went into the flyer’s back.  When the group entered, they noticed a small puddle of blood forming from the other side of the rock they pushed. Redfoot was the first to notice the evil flyer they had just killed.

“Wow……that was easy.” Icky muttered.  This was a part of their lair that the flyers didn’t use much, so they didn’t hear the noise.  Pterano flew in front of everyone.  “But this isn’t going to be easy. Everyone here, this will be our finest moment, but we must be prepared.” Pterano said that in both languages.  Everyone got battle-ready.

About this time, Rinkus and the rest of the remaining flyers who hadn’t left (besides Dack) were gathered in the central part of the lair.  As Rinkus was relaxing, just waiting for their inevitable victory, a smell entered his sniffer. It was Pterano’s trail.  “You’ve got to be kidding me,” he muttered in disbelief. “What? Who do you smell?” one flyer asked confused.

“A pest I believed I had shooed off,” Rinkus replied.  “Wait here.” Rinkus began flying down the tunnel where he was noticing Pterano’s trail.  

Pterano, meanwhile, flew ahead of the group. “Don’t follow until I give the signal,” he advised everyone.  After about 1 minute of flying, Pterano and Rinkus finally saw each other face-to-face.

“Pterano, how you been?” Rinkus asked on the off-chance that Pterano had no idea what they were doing. “Cut the crap Rinkus,” Pterano replied.  “I know what you and Sierra are up too, and I’ve come to stop you and free anyone you’ve captured.” Rinkus then burst into laughter.

“I hate to say the obvious, my friend, but do you realize how many flyers are on our side, the most you’d be able to do before we killed you is give one of us a tiny scratch!”

“That’s why I’m not alone,” Pterano grinned confidently. Tera flew beside him. “Ah Tera, I guess it’s true that siblings do everything together, including dieing together too.”  “They’re not alone,” Tyran called, stepping up.   “One rex, you think that’ll help you in the slightest?”

“Not one, two,” Saura said, stepping beside her mate. “Make that 4,” Littlefoot said, he and Shorty standing besides their parents.

“Add a longneck,” Redfoot said, even though the conversation had been spoken in sharptooth, he was able to understand the general gist of it.

“You have our daughter,” Veli said angrily, showing up behind Pterano, Cira and Cera standing next to him.

One by one, Petrie, his siblings, Julie, Icky, Greg, Dil, Rory’s folks, Myra’s folks, Grandpa Sharptooth, Spike, Mr. Belly Dragger, Growley, Mr. Bladeback, Elsie, Tippy, Guido, all of the other rexes, all of the other belly draggers, all of the other fast biters, and some of the sharptooth flyers all politely introduced themselves.

“Oh…..crap.” Rinkus muttered (But let’s just say that crap wasn’t the word he used.)
Littlefoot, Tippy, Shorty, and Cera covered their ears so they didn’t here the bad word. “You see Rinkus, if you do the math, you’ll realize you made and Sierra made a miscalculation. Now….attack!” called Pterano.

Rinkus quickly flew backwards, it was CLEAR that assistance was going to be needed against this army.  “What’s going on boss?” one of the flyer’s asked, not knowing why Rinkus appeared panicked.  

“We’re under attack,” Rinkus panted. “Everybody, get ready for battle.”  Rinkus stopped being nervous. His army of flyers could take down any type of dinosaur, no matter how much the quantity of the opposing force.  After mere seconds, the army of sharpteeth and flatteeth reached the central cavern, Veli and Pterano leading everybody.

AT BLACK ROCK……..

The group had arrived at the base of Black Rock. They were instructed by Rinkus and Sierra to take it to the top a while ago. “I’ll go up there,” Sharptooth said.

“But I want to help!” Chomper called, running beside the big rex’s feet. Sharptooth looked down at Chomper, with a caring expression on his face.

“Chomper….if the flyers attack, I do not want to put your life at risk,” Sharptooth replied. “But I don’t want to lose you Sharptooth!” Ruby called, running up, “You’ve helped me so much, you’ve cared for me….”

“We’ll go with you,” Mr. Belly Dragger and Grandma Sharptooth said. Dein, Terri, Zidane, and the others stayed to watch over the kids.

AT THE BATTLE……

The chaos had begun.  One of the enemy flyers picked up a loose stalactite and threw it at Dil’s side. The spiketail screamed in pain. “Mom!” called Greg, rushing to his mother’s side.  Icky looked angry at the flyer. “Why you….” He muttered in rage.

Icky flew towards the evil flyer, and the two began slashing at each other with their claws.  Dil looked impressed at what the flyer that lived with her’s strength.  All of those “weakling” jokes were being proven untrue.

Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Guido, and Tippy stayed together.  “What are we gonna do?” Guido asked nervously.  One of the bad guy flyers flew towards them, but Saura managed to swipe it away.  Suddenly, Spike’s sniffer began acting up, and he went overe to an old leafeater carcass.

“Now’s not the time for eating Spike!” Cera yelled in the heat of the moment, but Spike began doing something odd.  “Tippy thinks Spike has a plan,” Tippy commented. The young bellydragger dug into the carcass, and using his mighty teeth, removed some of the leafeater’s bones.

As Pterano was dueling Rinkus, he called out to everyone of his allies: “Go for the wings! A flyer who can’t fly can’t fight!”  An angry Rinkus managed to hit Pterano in a……..sensitive area.  Pterano cried out in pain, but before Rinkus could do anything else, Tera flew up and slashed him across the face, knocking him back.

“Sister….” Pterano said, still recovering from the blow, “I need you to take over as commander of our mission.”  “Why?” Tera asked. “Sierra’s not here, but I know where he’s going.”  Pterano then walked to the exit of the cave, and flew out.

“Coward!” Rinkus taunted out loud. Tera roared angrily, and all her children flew over beside her.  “Don’t call my uncle a coward!” Petrie yelled. “He’s better than you in every way!”  “Such brave words from such a foolish child,” Rinkus grinned in his in-dinomane (inhumane) way.

In the Holding Cells, the prisoners could hear the battle going on a short distance. “What’s going here?!” Myra yelled.  Dack, noticing the struggle, looked into the cave where the young leafeaters were being held. “Bad news kids,” he grinned “It looks like your deaths are about to come more earlier than initially expected.”  

Mo, Myra, and Rory’s hearts sank.  They were too weak to fight, and just waited for the worst. “Rory…” Myra cried, “I….I….” but before Dack could lift his calw, someone dashed into the cave and knocked Dack against the wall. “What was that?” asked Mo.

It was an enraged Veli, followed by Cira, Elsie, and the parents of Rory and Myra.  “MOM!” All 3 cried happily, running to their parents.  “You’re safe,” Elsie said, hugging Mo tight. As the leafeater parents were glad to see thie rchildren again, Veli was killing the ever-living snot out of Dack.

“WHERE IS  MY DAUGHTER?!” Veli yelled, louder than anytime he yelled before. “I’ll never tell,” Dack said. Veli kept smashing Dack’s head against the wall, blood coming out from the cracks. “WHERE IS SHE?!”  

“I’ll never confess,” laughed Dack, as if he didn’t fear death. Veli than dug his claws into Dack’s chest and then proceeded to rip the chest open.  Cira just stood there as her mate ripped out and tore up Dack’s internal organs (Hope this satisfies the violence-wanters.)  “Veli….it’s over,” Cira said, trying to calm Veli down. “He’s dead.”  “But where’s Tricia?”! he yelled. “I think the leader took her to Black Rock,” Cira replied.

Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Tippy, and Guido were now all armed with broken leafeater bones, which could be used as weapons do to the sharpness.  Growley and Grandpa Sharptooth had just knocked a flyer against the wall,  Growley suffering a few injuries, but he was mostly ok.  Before the flyer could move again, Cera, Littlefoot, and Guido quickly pinned him to the wall with the leafeater bones, which they lodged in the flyer’s wings. The flyer soon died.  But the battle was far from over.

BACK AT BLACK ROCK………..

Sharptooth, Mr. Belly Dragger, and Grandma Sharptooth arrived at the top.  Sierra and the other flyers were waiting for them.  “I’m impressed Sharptooth, I honestly didn’t believe you and the rest of the Great valley would be able to locate the Ancient Stone.”

Sharptooth looked up angry at Sierra. “Just let the young fast biter go free,” he demanded.  

“After I make my wish, she’ll be yours,” Sierra smiled sinisterly.  “Of course, after I make my wish, it won’t matter, you’ll all be enslaved.”

“Fine,” Sharptooth nodded, knowing that trying something different could result in Tricia’s death.

Back at the base of Black Rock, Chomper was looking nervous for two reasons. 1: For Tricia’s safety, and 2: That Sierra’s wish would be granted and the world would become a terrible place.  He went over to Ruby and hugged her, wanting her by his side.

Back at the peak, Sierra began the chant….

(Honestly, I could not think of any fancy chant for this part, so just leave it to your imagination. Anyways….)
“Oh Great Stone of Cold Fire: Grant my wish!  I wish that flyers ruled the world, and that every other type of dinosaur would be our mere subjects!”

Chomper waited for the worst. Sierra waited for the best.  But several seconds went by.  Nothing happened.  The stone the sharpteeth had located WAS the correct stone, but nothing happened. Then, louder than any noise the sharpteeth had heard before, Sierra yelled….

“NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED…………

(Read and review!  I’m still open for ideas for the final showdown, but I do have Rinkus and Sierra’s final deaths planned, and I don’t think I’ll change them.  Hope you liked the action.)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
It sounds like you've got big plans for the final showdown! Here's hoping you'll  find a great way to make it, since I haven't got the least experience with big battles.
Do make sure you make good descriptions that are able to incorporate the reader in the action.
Other than that, I don't have much more to say than good luck!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the conclusion of the final battle, hope it’s entertaining.)

Chapter 40: Fight to the Finish Part 2

Even down at the base of Black Rock, Chomper, Zidane, Ruby, Dein, Terri, Rita, and the others still had to cover their ears from Sierra’s scream of fury.

“I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!” Sierra shrieked. “YOU IMBILSILS MUST HAVE NOT FOUND THE RIGHT STONE!”  

Sharptooth was getting upset. “That stone matches the description, and you thought yourself that it’s the correct one when we got here, and all you requested of us was to find the Stone and bring it here. Now let the young fast biter go,” Sharptooth demanded.

Sierra started to look deranged. “Oh…we’ll let her go alright,” he said, you could tell he was losing what little sanity the sharptooth flyer had left in his voice.  “Drop her,” she said to another flyer.  The flyer nodded…..and let Tricia go!

“NO!” Chomper and Ruby yelled, seeing the infant fast biter fall. Tricia was crying out in terror, sure that the impact would kill her, when someone from the sky swooped towards her.  Tricia’s screams stopped when she realized someone had caught her.

“That’s Petrie’s uncle!”  Ruby called, seeing Pterano fly with Tricia safely on his back. He landed near Chomper’s parents.  “Keep her safe, I have a score to settle with Sierra.”  (Hey, alliteration, sort of.)  “Got it,” Terri nodded.

Chomper, Ruby, and Zidane ran up to Tricia. “You’re safe!” Ruby smiled, giving Tricia a hug. Zidane looked up at the sky. “But now we have to finish off those flyers,” he said to everyone, “Without a hostage, we have no reason to let them live.”

“What did he say?” asked Rita, not knowing much of the sharptooth language.  “He said it’s time to fight the flyers Rita,” Chomper replied.  “And…” he added,” “It looks like it’s going to be a battle to the death.”

At the peak, Pterano flew up and daced Sierra. “You….” Sierra muttered.  “I’ll take you down myself Sierra,” Pterano said.  Sierra let out a smirk.  “Fine,” he agreed. He turned and looked at the flyers on his side. “You kill those weaklings…..don’t let them have any chance of survival.”

“Understood boss,” one of the flyers said in silent rage due to the fact their lifelong goal was now rendered useless, and began flying towards Sharptooth, Mr. Belly Dragger, and Grandma Sharptooth!  “Stay away from the edges!” Sharptooth yelled, “They’ll try to knock us off!”

4 flyers flew down towards the surface! “They’re coming for us!” yelled Ruby. Zidane stepped in front of her. “I vowed to protect you, and that’s what I’ll do today.”

BACK IN THE LAIR………

All heck was breaking lose.  “HOW DARE YOU ATTACK DIL!”  Icky yelled, knocking a flyer against the wall.  “Whoa…dad,” Greg said, amazed at his father’s strength well he took cover over beside his mother.  The flyer slashed Icky across the face, creating a cut, but what Icky did in retaliation was unbelievable.

Icky managed to hold the flyer still for a few seconds, and then, using HIS OWN HEAD, broke the flyer’s neck!  “How’s that?!” Icky laughed in his little victory.

4 flyers saw spike and Tippy running across the ground. “Young belly draggers….easy kill!”  They flew towards them.  “Oh no, Spike look out!” called Tippy.  Belly draggers were not as maneuverable as rexes or fast biters, so they were in trouble. They had each received a few injuries in the back when Littlefoot, Cera, and Guido came running/flying up. “Don’t you dare hurt our friends!’ they yelled.

BLACK ROCK………..

Zidane took Chomper, Ruby, Rita, and Tricia to a cave. “I’ll stand guard,” he promised.  “But what about my parents and the other sharpteeth?” Chomper asked.  “I vowed to protect Ruby, and I’m not leaving her side until this bad sleep story’s over.”  Chomper, Ruby, and Rita REALLY wanted to help, but they didn’t know how.

Pterano and Sierra’s mid-air duel had begun.  Each one kept trying to bite the other’s wings.  A flyer who had lost the ability to fly had no power whatsoever practically.  Sierra slammed Pterano against the wall. The sharptooth flyer’s back received the impact, but he managed to dodge Sierra’s bite.  “I need to try something different if I’m going to beat him,” Pterano thought to himself.

One of the evil flyers flew down towards Mr. Belly Dragger.  “Kill them! Push them off the rock!” the flyers attacking the trio of grownups went.  Grandma Sharptooth carefully charged towards them, knocking two out the way, but one dodged the head-butt and proceeded to attack the prehistoric alligator.

Pterano noticed a cave alongside the side of Black Rock. “Just what I’m looking for,” he thought to himself, and flew towards it, Sierra in hot pursuit.  “Running away are you?” Sierra taunted. “Far from it,” Pterano replied, flying faster.

The flyers near the sharpteeth on the bottom knew better than to get lot to the ground. The key to attacking a t-rex was from behind.  While Terri was fighting off one facing her, another was sneaking in from behind for a sneak attack. “Dear, watch out!” called Dein.  Terri turned her head and got a nasty scratch acoss the face, but it missed her eyes and sniffer thankfully.
Dein rushed up and bit down hard on the flyer that had harmed his mate. The rex began tearing the flyer limb from limb, small parts of it hitting the ground.  The sharpteeth were surprisingly not having much trouble with the flyers here, but Sierra was proving to be a challenge for Pterano.

THE LAIR………

“Why you!” Guido yelled, the sharpbeak plowing through the flyers attacking Spike and Tippy, managing to knock them out of the way.  Growley and Grandpa Sharptooth than did a tactic rexes and fast biters used when flyers were hunted down: The “Bite On Both Wings Then Tear Them Off” method.  RIP!

Two bloody wings were torn off by the rexes, the flyer’s torso bleeding from both sides, but it didn’t matter, it was dead.  Meanwhile, Ali and Rhett had caught up with Littlefoot, Cera, and even Shorty.  “Here!” Littlefoot called, handing both of the other young sharpteeth pointy leafeater bones for weapons.  “Thanks,” said Rhett.

Meanwhile the flyers had noticed that the furious Veli was probably their most dangerous enemy, although Rinkus was fighting Tera personally.

“Go mom!” Petrie and his siblings cheered, staying behind some rocks, not quite as powerful as the other sharpteeth and flatteeth fighting the good fight.

“I must say, I’m quite impressed Tera,” Rinkus laughed, dodging some of Tera’s strikes, “You’re just as strong as that moronic brother of yours.”  It sounded as if Rinkus was having fun in all this.  

“But like my brother, I’m still a better dinosaur than you will ever be you selfish heartless monster!” Tera yelled, swiping Rinkus on the beak.

Meanwhile, Cira, Elsie, Mo, Rory, Myra, and the threehorn’s parents were busting up the Holding Caves, letting all the other captive dinos free. “You’re safe! You must run!” Rory’s mother called to the leafeater hostages.

“You’re free now!” Cira called to the sharpteeth hostages.  The flatteeth who had just been freed, even though they didn’t understand the language, could tell that the sharpteeth were fighting FOR THEM, in a way.

“I’ll lead you out of here,” Elsie said to the leafeater captives.  “Follow me to safety,” Cira instructed the sharpteeth captives.

Rinkus had an idea of how to kill Tera.  He flew into a part of the lair where the ground was all dusty.  “Watch your eyes,” he advised evilly, and began flapping his wings very hard and fast.  Dust began to fill the air, blinding Tera.

“MOM!” Petrie and his siblings cried when Tera was sucker punched against a wall by Rinkus.  “You’ll pay for that!” Petrie yelled, about to do the riskiest stunt of his life: flying towards an insane psycho murderer.

BLACK  ROCK………..

Pterano was flying through the cave, looking for something he could use as a weapon against Sierra.  “Come back here and fight!” Sierra yelled.  Pterano then eyed something that might prove useful.

Near the opposite exit of the cave from the one he entered, there was a big clubtail skeleton.  Using his claws, he carefully zoomed towards the decomposed corpse and ripped off a very sharp bone with his claws.  “The old leafeater bone as a weapon trick eh?” Sierra thought to himself.

Dein, Terri, and Zidane were meanwhile managing to lead the other sharpteeth in victory.  “They’re finally down,” Terri muttered, her wound still recovering, but she wasn’t weak.  

Chomper, Ruby, Tricia, and Rita came out of their hiding place.  “But they still need help!” Chomper said, pointing towards the top of Black Rock, where the flyers there were trying to knock Sharptooth, Littlefoot’s grandma, and Mr. Belly Dragger off to their deaths.

“We have to get up there!” Ruby yelled.  Chomper and the rest of the sharpteeth nodded, and Rita could guess from visual clues what Chomper was saying.  The group raced to the path up to the top.

Just then, Sierra and Pterano emerged from the cave, Pterano attempting to stab Sierra with the clubtail bone, but Sierra managed to avoid all his blows. “You should know me better than that now Pterano,” Sierra insulted with a smirk “Just admit that I was better than you both in strength and intelligence and I’ll make your death quick and painless.” “Not a chance you fiend!” Pterano yelled.

THE LAIR…….

“Get away from my mom!”  Petrie yelled, biting Rinkus on the wing.  “Get off you little insect!” The evil flyer yelled, flinging Petrie against a wall, knocking him out.  “Time for you demise…” Rinkus began to say, but then Littlefoot, Cera, Shorty, Guido, Tippy, Spike, Tyran, and Saura came by.

“If you hurt any of them it’ll be the last thing you ever do!” Cera yelled.  The fast biter and her family were currently unaware that Tricia had been saved.  Rinkus let out a shrug.

“Fine. I have more than enough faith in my associates that they can finish you off.” He said that comment even though he was fully aware that some of them were dead.  “I’m sure Sierra wouldn’t mind help in eliminating your other friends.”  Rinkus was standing in front of an exit to the cave which only a flyer could use.

“Why……you…..” Shorty muttered angrily, and then started charging towards Rinkus, who was about to take off.  “Shorty!” called Littlefoot, who ran after his brother. “Littlefoot, help me with this!” Shorty called.

Meanwhile, a hoard of the evil flyers were attacking Veli.    Even at his full strength, Veli couldn’t shake off 5 flyers who were attacking him at once!  The fast biter father tried to shake them off when one gouged him in the eye. (A suggestion by Serris.)  Veli sht it in pain, but then he felt the flyers swat off him.  It was, surprisingly, Redfoot, who had just killed the flyers with his tail.

Redfoot still disliked sharpteeth for what they do to leafeaters, but he understood that they were only doing it for survival.  But these flyers actions were inexcusable.  

Just as Rinkus had taken off, Littlefoot and Shorty JUMPED off the exit and each one bit onto Rinkus’ wings in mid-flight.  The pain was incredible.  Rinkus never imagined that anybody who wasn’t a flyer would have the bravery to jump from a platform from which they wouldn’t survive the fall, let alone children. The rex brothers had successfully crippled Rinkus, but then they realized they were falling too. “AHH!!!” they screamed.

But luckily, Petrie’s siblings had sprung into action.  “You didn’t think we’d let you down did ya?” Dacty smiled, holding onto Littlefoot with 2 of his sisters while 3 more of them held onto Shorty.  But it was too late for Rinkus, the second-in-command of the flyers was falling towards the ground with no control.

BLACK ROCK……..

Chomper and the rest of group was dashing up the bath to the top.  But what they didn’t see was that one of the flyers had noticed them.  “This’ll get them out of our scales,” one of the flyers said, flying away from Sharptooth towards a pile of rocks.  Chomper, Rita, and Ruby had a lead over everyone else in the group. “Just…a quick shove,” the flyer muttered to himself, knocking the rocks over.

“NO!” yelled Sharptooth. The roar managed to catch the attention of the group, and looked up. “GET OUT OF THE WAY EVERYONE!”  Chomper roared to everybody.  When the rocks fell, no one was thankfully hurt, but the group was divided. Rita, Ruby, and Chomper were still on the way to the top while Dein, Terri, and Zidane’s path had been blocked off.  The flyer grunted at his plan’s lack of success.  “I guess it’s true what they say….if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.”

The rexes had begun to clear the rocks out of the way, but it would take a few minutes.  “I have to get to the other side!” Zidane yelled.  He looked at Dein. “Chomper’s father, assist me with this,” he said.  Dein understood what Dein meant, and then stood at an angle, allowing the fast biter to carefully run across him and over the rocks.
The flyer however, had the young rex, fast biter, and longneck cornered.  This particular flyer was probably the biggest in the group next to Rinkus and Sierra.“We’re…..trapped,” Chomper said scared in both languages to Ruby and Rita.  “TIME YOU RUNTS DIE!” the flyer yelled, swooping down, beak ready for a killing stab.  Tears began forming in the dinos’ eyes, when….

As the flyer was mere feet away, Zidane jumped over from the other side, and landed in front of the children……..then the flyer’s sharp beak went right into Zidane’s chest.  “ZIDANE!” yelled Ruby.

The battle between Pterano and Sierra was heating up.  Neither of the two had managed to get a successful hit on the other for a few minutes. Sierra was quickly changing his tactics in his mind.  He figured out what to do. He began flying towards Pterano.  But just before he would make contact, he quickly swooped down and attacked Pterano from below! The hit didn’t harm Pterano much, but it did make him drop the leafeater bone.  “You’re mine now,” Sierra said sadistically. (Hey, more alliteration.)

THE LAIR………

The good guys were winning the fight.  Veli and Redfoot both proved to be extremely tough fighters, and took out pretty much all of the flyers.  It was clear for the flyers that all the confidence in their power, wit, and intelligence proved to be for naught.  Their thought that the other dinosaurs couldn’t work together and would only help themselves proved to both be wrong and be their downfall.

Tera, Petrie, and all the other young sharptooth flyers flew down towards the dying Rinkus.  “You know….” Tera began, “Whenever I go hunting, I always go for prey that can fight back.  Even though I need to eat and so does my family, I kind of like to let the prey have a chance.  But you…  you kidnapped young ones, never gave them a chance, and killed others all while manipulating them.  Dinosaurs like you don’t deserve a chance.”

Rinkus let out a very weak laugh, blood pouring out from his head and his torso. “Maybe you’re right,” he said in weak sarcasm.  “Just do the deed…” he said, giving up on life. “If you can do one act of kindness towards me, finish me off right now.”  And Tera obliged.  With one swift swipe at the throat, Rinkus was dead.  That part of the fight was over.

BLACK ROCK………

The flyer slowly removed his beak from Zidane, who fell to the ground, looking dead. Ruby began to cry at the sight of her bodyguard potentially dead.  Before the flyer could do anything else, Chomper’s parents and the rest of the sharpteeth bust thorugh the rocks.  Dein and Terri angrily looked at the flyer, then Dein pounced. The flyer had been on the ground, and was crushed by the impact of Dein’s foot.  Mr. Belly Dragger came around and saw Zidane lying on the ground.
“I’ll look after him,” he assured the rest of the group.  “You just have to finish off those flyers!”  “Got it!” replied Chomper.  Rita saw a plant sticking out of the rock wall.

The longneck removed it with her teeth.  “I’ve heard of this plant from Strut!” she said to Mr. BD, even though he didn’t know the flatteeth language.  “It can heal injuries like this!”  Mr. Belly Dragger also did recognize the plant.  He took it from Rita and placed it on Zidane’s wound. They WAS a chance of survival.

Sierra picked up the leafeater bone.  “That’s your final mistake Pterano,” he said well doing that traditional evil-villain panting they do whenever they use up a lot of their strength.  Pterano and Sierra were right beside the edge of Black Rock. Sierra began pushing the sharp edge of the clubtail bone towards Pterano’s throat.Pterano was backed against the edge of the wall. One sudden move, and he’d be fatally stabbed. And if that didn’t kill him, falling onto the stalagmites below would.

The group (Minus Zidane, Rita, and Mr. Belly Dragger) reached the tip of Black Rock.  Sharptooth and Littlefoot’s grandmother had managed to finish off the remaining flyers.  All that was left was Sierra.  “Where’s Petrie’s uncle and the bad flyer?!” Ruby panted.  Sharptooth began sniffing the air.  “They’re down there!” he called to everyone.  They looked over the edge. They could see that any second, Sierra was about to kill Pterano!  “We gotta do something!” Ruby panicked.  

Chomper looked down and could make out the stalagmites below.  The little sharptooth quickly developed a plan in his mind. He looked around towards the Stone of Cold Fire.  The apparently not magic anymore stone was the cause of all of this,  and now…..it would be the end of it.  Chomper quickly ran over to it.  “What are you doing son?” Terri asked nervous for Pterano. “Mom, dad, Ruby, Sharptooth, help me with this!” the young rex grunted.

The 4 he called rushed over, the bigger sharpteeth began moving the stone.  “What do you want us to do?” Dein asked.   “Move it right above the flyers,” Chomper instructed.  Dein, Terri, and Sharptooth obeyed.  

Sierra was getting in some final insults at Pterano.  “Even though the Stone was not magic, I know I can form another army of flyers and take over this world by ourselves.  You should’ve joined our cause.”  “I’d never help a monster like you…” Pterano muttered, knowing that comment would be his last.  Suddenly, they heard a voice call from above:

“Petrie’s uncle, get out of the way!” Chomper called. Pterano and Sierra looked up, and saw that the Stone of Cold Fire was falling towards them!  Sierra was frozen in surprise and Pterano managed to swoop out of the way just in time as the stone came crashing down right on top of Sierra forcing him down.  Sierra wasn’t strong enough to get out from under the stone, and when it hit the ground…….

The spikes impaled Sierra at least 7 different ways, and the Stone was destroyed as well.  The evil flyer died instantly from the injuries.  It was over.  The bad sleep story (nightmare) was finally over.

Next time on Sharptooth Valley: The groups go back to their separate valleys, some of the dinos part their ways, and Chomper says goodbye to his leafeater friends.

(Read and review. Hope you enjoyed the final showdown :-  ))

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Woah. *Deep Mortal Kombat voice* Epicality.

You did it! You captured the grittiness and brutality of a fierce showdown between the Pterano and his forces vs. Sierra and his forces.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, the end of Sharptooth Valley will be coming soon….)

Chapter 41: The Big Victory Celebration

A tired but triumphant Pterano flew back to the tip of Black Rock.  “It’s over…” he said, a happy smile appearing on his face.  “This madness is finally over.”

“Yes, it is. We’ve won,” Sharptooth smiled.  Then, a thought hit Ruby: Zidane! She quickly rushed back down the mountain, soon running into Rita and Mr. Belly Dragger.  Zidane wasn’t moving.

“Oh no…” Ruby said, beginning to tear up, “Don’t tell me he’s……”  “Going to be alright,” Zidane’s voice said, the fast biter managing to make it back on his feet.  Ruby was overjoyed to see her bodyguard still alive.  “I told you I’m unique.”

Chomper, Dein, Terri, Sharptooth, Pterano, and Grandma Sharptooth soon came down.  Ruby hugged Chomper. “Chomper, you did it!” she said, hugging him and kissing him multiple times.  “No Ruby, WE did it,” Chomper replied, no longer embarrassed by being kissed in front of others anymore.

Sharptooth looked down at Rita.  “Don’t worry longneck, we’ll help you find your heard again, we won’t eat you,” he assured her in leafeater.  “Thank you,” Rita smiled.

THE LAIR………..

The good guys couldn’t believe it.  They had won! All the evil flyers were dead, and that even though some of them were injured, everyone was ok.  “We have to find Tricia daddy,” Cera said to Veli.  “Maybe she’s safe with Chomper and Ruby and the rest of our friends,” the fast biter suggested.  “We most hope,” Veli replied.  At this point, everyone was proceeding out of the cave, all the hostages that had been taken had been freed. The sharpteeth and flatteeth were on a temporary truce right now.

Meanwhile, Tera was leading her kids, as well as Littlefoot, Tyran, Shorty, Saura, Spike, Tippy, and Guido out of the cave.  “Tippy’s glad you guys are safe,” the belly dragger said to Littlefoot and Shorty, who had just risked their lives in a successful attempt to kill Rinkus.

“I’m glad you’re safe too Tippy,” Guido grinned.  “Um…ok Guido,” Tippy replied, not understanding what the sharpbeak was talking about.  “Don’t worry, we’ll be able to rest soon children,” Tera assured everybody.  “That’s a relief,” Shorty laughed.

Rory and Myra were standing by their parents, Myra’s mother carrying the still unconscious Strut on her back.  “He should be awking soon,” Myra’s father confirmed.  “Good to know that Dad,” Myra sighed, glad to be finally free.

OUT IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND……….

“So how are you going to find everyone if you split into groups?” Rita asked.  “Don’t underestimate a sharptooth’s sniffer,” Chomper replied with a laugh.  Rita suddenly remembered that incident long ago.  Rita began telling Chomper about the time she, Rory, Myra, and Greg got stuck outside the leafeater valley.  Chomper flinched a bit when she said what they did to the rex’s sniffer.

“That had to hurt,” Chomper shivered.  Chomper remembered instances in the past reality where leafeaters had hurt or even killed sharpteeth like that, and he hoped things like that would never happen to him, his family, or friends.  “But you know what……that sharptooth never actually seemed to be chasing us.  If I eve saw him or her again, and if I knew how to say it in sharptooth….I’d apologize,” Rita muttered.  “What did the sharptooth look like?” Chomper asked.  Rita described the rex’s appearance, and Chomper realized that it was Growley, one of his father’s friends!

Chomper walked over to Ruby, she was remembering her parents and her brothers, but she knew they had today managed to beat the murderers.  Her emotions were rather high today, she then began to hug Chomper tightly.  “I love you Chomper, so much,” the fast biter grinned.  “And I love you too Ruby,” Chomper replied, and the rex and fats biter kissed once again on the mouth (Do dinos have lips?)

“I’ll think I’ll leave you two alone,” Rita chuckled, seeing the two kissing sharpteeth.  She walked over to Sharptooth, who, as you know, also knows leafeater.  

Dein and Terri looked down at their son, “He’s grown so much in the past few months,” Terri said proudly. Dein nodded in agreement.

THE OTHER GROUP……………

Dil looked at Icky.  “Icky….what you did back there….” The spiketail said impressed.  “Yeah dad, that was amazing!” Greg smiled.

Icky smiled happily at his “Son” then let out a mean-looking smile towards Dil.  “Oh, I just knew your mother wouldn’t be able to protect herself greg, so I decided to do what I could.” “Why you!” Dil said angrily.

Greg laughed to himself.  Some things never change.

Grandpa Sharptooth came up to Littlefoot and Shorty. “Tyran told me what you boys did,” he said to his grandsons.  “And I must say….as dangerous and foolish of a thing it was to do, it was brave, and it did yield results.”  “You’re…..welcome gramps,” Shorty replied, not knowing what to say.  

The groups had exited the caves.  “You won, you did you did!” Ducky called to her friends from the water.  “Did you miss us Ducky?” Petrie asked with a smile, flying close to her.  “We were worried about you, but at least these mean fliers were yummy,” the swimming sharptooth smiled.

CHOMPER’S GROUP…….

After a while of walking,  Sharptooth’s sniffer began acting up.  “I smell our friends and family,” he said with a smile.  And sure enough,  the other group soon came into view, while the swimming sharpteeth headed back to the Great Valley since the waterhole didn’t go to these parts.  “Littlefoot! Cera! Petrie! Spike!”  Chomper and Ruby cried happily, running over to their friends.

“Chomper! Ruby!” they called (except for Spike who made a noise suggesting their names) back.

“RITA!” Rory, Myra, Mo, and Greg called, running over to her.  (You can probably already guess what Rita called back so I’m not going to bother posting it.)  When Rita got back to her friends, she noticed something odd about the leafeaters who came on the rescue mission.

“You mean Redfoot and our families were the only ones who came to help?” the longneck asked Greg.  “Yeah,” Greg replied sheepishly,  “It seems unlike sharpteeth, everyone else in our valley doubted you guys were alive,” Greg explained to Rory, Myra, and Mo.

But one thing everyone knew was that this was the time for the two types of dinosaurs to head back to their respective valleys.  They realized that, unless under extreme circumstances for a goal that connected the two valleys, this would probably be the last time they would be on the same side.

“Well, it’s been nice working with you Redfoot,” Sharptooth said in leafeater, in practically a chummy tone of voice.  Redfoot almost let out a smile, but then he continued to frown at Sharptooth.  “Just remember we wouldn’t have assisted your kind if some of our own wasn’t in danger,” the mighty longneck replied. Sharptooth knew that factoid already.

Chomper walked up to his five leafeater friends.  He knew in both realities that when he got bigger, he knew he wouldn’t be able to see his flatteeth friends anymore, so he decided to make sure they had a good final meeting.  “I just wanted to say…..thank you guys for being friends despite our differences,” Chomper said.

“Yeah, you’re cool Chomper,” Rory smiled, “In fact, many cold times from now, when we’re big, if you try to hunt me down I wouldn’t try to kill you,” he said with a little laugh.

“And I wouldn’t hunt you or anybody you knew,” Chomper smiled.  Rita wanted to ask something.  “How do you say “goodbye” in sharptooth?” she asked with a smile.

Chomper grinned, “Like this,” he replied in leafeater, than let out the growl that meant “Goodbye.”  Rita did her best imitation of it.

It sounded like she was saying “go bay” in sharptooth.  

Meanwhile, Veli, Cera, and Cira were looking for Tricia.  “Here she is,” Terri grinned, Tricia appearing from behind her foot.  “Oh Tricia!” the fast biter family called in unison, running up to their daughter/sister in Cera’s case.  “Mama!” Tricia cheered in baby talk, running up to Cira.  The family was finally reunited.  

Just before Chomper turned to head back to his family, another rex walked up, familiar to both him and the leafeaters.  “That’s…the sharptooth whose sniffer we broke,” Greg realized.  Indeed, it was Growley.

Growley, having Chomper translate, said:  “Were you the flatteeth kids who permanently damaged my sniffer?” he asked.  Rory, Myra, and Greg (Mo wasn’t there for that incident) tried to nod no, but Rita had Chomper say “Yes we were, and we want to apologize,” to Growley in sharptooth.

Rory, Myra, and Greg looked surprised that Rita admitted this, but she was always the kind and forgiving one of the group, so it soon made sense.  Chomper translated back to his friends that Growley had accepted Rita’s apology.  “Is there anything we can do to make it up to you?” she asked.

A FEW MINUTES LATER…….

The leafeaters and the sharpteeth were heading back to their respective valleys.  “You know, I don’t exactly believe that what Chomper said back there is true,” Rory commented, covered in sharptooth slobber.

Rita smiled, “Hey, according to him, licking the dino you were mad at is the sharptooth way of saying you forgive them, this isn’t too bad,” she laughed.  “Don’t worry, you can take a bath as soon as we get back to the valley,” Julie said to her daughter.

“And for once, I’ll be looking forward to it!” Myra laughed, overhearing this conversation.  She and Rory looked at each other, and gave a smile.  Then they took a few side steps toward each other so they could be closer on the walk home.

“Don’t worry Greg, that can wash right off,” Dil assured his son.  “Thanks mom, I just hope your wound recovers,” Greg replied.  Icky was trying to wipe off any blood marks with his wings, maybe he did care about this spiketail after all.

Then, Rita, Rory, Myra, Greg, and Mo all looked back at the sharpteeth leaving in the opposite direction and all thought “Goodbye Chomper.”

WITH THE SHARPTEETH……

Ruby walked over to Zidane, who could walk by himself perfectly fine now.  “Zidane….I wanted to say thanks for everything you’ve done for me,” she said.  “Don’t mention it,” replied Zidane.

“But….I believe your duties involving me are done,” Ruby said.  “You did what my parents hired you for, and I’m sure there are other sharpteeth out there who need your help.”  Zidane looked only a tad bit surprised by her words.

The mighty fast biter began walking in a separate direction.  “Just tell your friends I appreciate all the assistance I’ve been,” he called to Ruby.  “Don’t worry, I will, I will, Don’t worry!” Ruby called back.

AT THE GREAT VALLEY……….

As they approached the Great Valley, all the sharpteeth were happy to see nothing had happened to their home or the ones who had stayed behind to guard it.  A bladeback came out and smiled at his fellow valley inhabitants.

“You won?” he said hopefully.  Sharptoot was standing in front of everyone else, since he was the valley leader.  “Indeed,” Sharptooth replied in his leader voice.  “And, incredibly, there were no fatalities on our side.  Everyone of us survived.”  

Veli and Cira came up, “And let’s just say we now have some new faces living here,” Cira smiled.  The sharpteeth hostages who had been freed from their life in the horrifying grasps of Rinkus and Sierra’s army were more than overjoyed to find a nice place to live where they were free from danger.

LATER THAT NIGHT………

Over the time the rest of the valley inhabitants were gone, the rexes and bladebacks had hunted down a lot of prey for any emergency rations in case there was an attack, but since there was no such occurrence, Sharptooth decided (and practically everybody else agreed) that this was the perfect time for a celebration!

Everyone in the Great Valley was enjoying themselves and having a bite to eat, Veli and Cira making sure that Tricia got as much as she could, as they had found out that she was only served green food when she was held captive, and they were amazed that she could stomach that.  “Any daughter of mine can toughen up enough to eat the most disgusting slop of all,” Veli bragged to the other fast biters, but they all shared a laugh.

At the waterhole, the Gang of Nine (Tippy and Guido had more or less become members of it now) were enjoying themselves, even singing “We Feel So Happy” (But I know none of you want to hear that song again, so I’m not going to type the verses. :-  )

“It’s nice to know we can finally relax and have some fun,” Littlefoot smiled, swimming around.  Ducky managed to teach Littlefoot and Chomper how to swim well despite their scrawny arms.  

“Yeah,” Petrie agreed, taking a bite out of a bigmouth the gang got for themselves.  “Now I can have to more time to come up with cool stunts!”  “And I have time to come up with something even cooler than yours’” Guido laughed.

Dein and Terri came up their son, followed by Cira and Veli.  “You’re a hero son,” Terri said proudly.  “Yeah, I heard about what you did Chomper,” Petrie said, flying up.  “If you hadn’t thought of that, my uncle might’ve not been alive now.”

“Don’t mention it,” replied Chomper, who was always a modest sharptooth in both realities.

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND………

Near Black Rock lied the destroyed Stone of Cold Fire.  Motionless, it looked like just another rock.  But then….a small mist started emerging from the crushed stone.  The mist began taking the shape of something.  The shape of a rainbowface!  The rainbowface looked around.

The rainbow face took a deep breath.  “Could it be, fresh air?” he smiled to himself, taking in the oxygen.  “I thought I’d never be free to enjoy the world again,” he said happily.  “I say, I must find the little sharptooth who freed me from that terrible prison and thank him for letting me be able to enjoy life again.”

(Read and Review!  You’re probably wondering what’s going on, but it’ll be explained next chapter.)

Next time on The Land Before Time: Sharptooth Valley: Some friends and family head back into the MB, the mysterious rainbow face meets Chomper and befriends him, and Chomper learns more about magic….

(The wish isn’t going to be undone, one final reassurance.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just to let you guys know, I won't be able to update Sharptooth Valley and TDV for a little while.  My home compter's having some problems, and this message is being typed on a school computer.  (Therefore, I don't have acces to my Microsoft Word.)  I'll try to post when I can, but don't expect updates for a while.  (Could be less than a week, though.)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I hope your home pc will be fixed soon so, until then, just take your time and do things calmly :yes .
 Keep it up!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just so you guys know, my brother's fixed the computer and should install Microsoft Word again, so expect another Sharptooth Valley chapter on the weekend!

PS: As a bonus, for any TDV fans, I'll give you a preview of the final four episode titles:

19.  Losing That Winner's Edge
20.  Rock N' Rolldown
21.  I Triple Dino Dare You
22.  Final Finale of Fun Ferocity

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, sorry for the delay.)

Chapter 42: Wishful Thinking

It was over.  Everyone was surprised by this fact, but the villains were finally dead.  Now, the residents of both valleys could finally say that things were back to normal.  In the Great Valley, the celebration continued on for two days.

“I’m gonna catch you guys!” Cera laughed, the fast biter being “It” in the group of friends’ game of “Hide and Go Hunt.”

“You can’t catch me!” Petrie laughed, flying overhead.   “Oh, that’s no fair,” Cera called, but she wasn’t angry or anything.  Just then, Littlefoot tripped, providing Cera with the opportunity to tag him.  “Oh no,” he laughed.

Cera then tagged him, then the friends shared a laugh again.  “I think we should end the game now guys,” Littlefoot said, “I got to go say goodbye to my family, they’re leaving the Great Valley in a few minutes.”  “So is my uncle,” Petrie added.  “The Bright Circle is going down anyways,” Ruby added, “We all should be heading back to our sleeping places.”

LATER….

Pterano was (Once again) saying goodbye to his sister, nephews, and nieces.   “I’ll miss you uncle,” Petrie said, the young sharptooth flyer hugging Pterano.  “I’ll miss you too Petrie, don’t worry,” Pterano replied.  He then looked at his sister.

“I guess I’ll miss you brother,” Tera said, “Take care.”  “Same to you sister,” Pterano replied, and the mighty sharptooth flyer, still a bit sore from his fight with Sierra albeit, took off into the skies and on another world travel, for real this time.

MEANWHILE…….

Saura, Tyran, and Shorty were ready to leave the into the Mysterious Beyond with the rest of the rexes who liked to travel when Littlefoot came running up.  “Goodbye Littlefoot,” Saura said, nuzzling her son.  “I’ll miss you. “  Littlefoot then showed his family something he was holding in his hand: the shiny stone he had one in the pinecone tournament back in chapter 16.

“I want you guys to have this,” he smiled.  “Littlefoot…it’s beautiful!”  Saura said.  “Almost as beautiful as your mother,” Tyran added.  Shorty walked up to his brother.

“Thanks for all your help Shorty,” Littlefoot said.  “Don’t mention it bro,” replied Shorty, then the two brothers gave each other a hug.

“Aww….you two are finally getting along” smiled Saura.  The hug quickly ended.  “No, actually…..he just tripped and I caught him, that’s all,” responded Shorty.  Tyran just smirked.

Chomper looked around him and smiled.  This new reality was finally at peace.  Ruby came up and gave him another kiss.  “Thanks for all the help you’ve ever given me Chomper,” the fast biter smiled.  “Don’t mention it,” replied Chomper happily, and kissed back.

Meanwhile, on the top of one of the stone walls, the rainbowface who had apparently emerged from the smashed stone magically teleported to the top.  “Aw, nice and peaceful here,” he smiled, seeing all the sharpteeth.  “But where is the little one who freed me?”  He looked around, and after a minute, Chomper came into view. “A-ha!”

The Bright Circle had gone down by this point, so the gang was ready to go to sleep.  “Don’t worry son, I think your father’s snoring problem has gone away,” Terri smirked, but Dein took the joke.  “Oh, it Has,” Dein said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Chomper just giggled.  His parents were some of the funniest sharpteeth he knew.

ON THE TOP OF THE ROCK……

“Better wait to everyone has gone asleep,” the rainbowface thought to himself, “Even though it wouldn’t matter if one of them saw me, I could just teleport somewhere else no problem.”  The rainbow face for now watched Ducky and Spike go to sleep in the waterhole, Ducky practicing some flips beforehand. She was happy because her tooth was growing back ever since she lost it in the whole Guider incident. The young swimming sharptooth’s skill had improved greatly over the past few weeks.

“Goodnight mom, goodnight dad,” Chomper yawned, a little tired.  “Goodnight son,” Dein and Terri yawned in unison.  Honestly, right now, you could not find parents who were more proud of their child now then Chomper’s parents.  “He has grown so much, it’s unbelievable,” Terri whispered happily.

Outside, back in the central part of the Great Valley, Guido was getting hungry.  “On no, it’s too dark to try hunting now,” he said, the sharpbeak’s stomach rumbling.  The rainbowface was nearby, and wanted to help out Guido.  With a quick snap of his fingers….

Right behind Guido, a small spiketail corpse landed behind him magically.  “Hmm…must’ve not noticed this,” Guido thought to himself, thinking the meal had always been there, and began chowing down.  Mage then continued to make his way towards Chomper’s family’s cave.

Meanwhile, at Sharptooth’s cave, Ruby was also settling down to go to sleep herself.  “Thank you Sharptooth,” she smiled warmly.  “For what?” the leader of the Great Valley asked in reply.  “For being so supportive of me and everyone, and helping us take down those heartless flyers.”  “Don’t mention it,” replied Sharptooth happily, and then lied down on the ground.  Shortly afterwards, the young fast biter quickly ran up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Sharptooth had really become like a father to Ruby since he saved her life long ago.

AT CHOMPER’S CAVE……..

Knowing that the conflicts were over and there wasn’t anything really major to worry about, Chomper just enjoyed hearing the sounds of the night.  Water trickling in the waterhole, branches blowing in the wind, his parent’s snoring, and if you listened closely enough you could hear their dinner digesting in their stomachs.  Chomper’s life was good.  He took in a deep, happy breath.  “Night everyone,” he whispered, wondering if somehow all his friends heard that, and proceeded to go to sleep.

It was at this point that the rainbow face managed to get to Chomper’s cave.  “Oh great, too late as always Mage,” he self-criticized.  “I’ll just try again in the morning.”  But then it happened.  Just as Mage was stepping outside the cave, he tripped on a rock and hit the ground.  “Whoa!” he called out loud as he made the impact.  This sudden commotion was enough to wake Chomper up.

“Wha? Who was that?” the little t-rex asked.  He looked around, and he quickly saw Mage.  “Who are you?” he asked, not afraid but just surprised.  Why would (and how could) a leafeater be found so deep in the Great Valley?

“Oh, hello there Chomper,” Mage replied.  Chomper looked confused.  “How do you know my name?” Chomper asked.  “I knew it since you first talked to me,” Mage replied.  Chomper looked even more confused.  “When did I talk to you?”  Mage knew he was going to have to tell Chomper that he was the magic spirit who lived inside the Stone of Cold Fire.  He wanted to thank the little biter anyways.

“My name is Mage,” Mage replied.  “And I am the magical spirit you freed when you destroyed the Stone of Cold Fire.”  “Wha?” Chomper went, surprised now more than ever.

(AUTHOR’S NOTE:  This is not the complete chapter.  I just wanted to give you guys a preview.)

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good job, but IO don't see it on Fanfiction.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I told you that currently the chapter is incomplete.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Here’s the next chapter, sorry for the delay.)

Chapter 42: Wishful Thinking

It was over.  Everyone was surprised by this fact, but the villains were finally dead.  Now, the residents of both valleys could finally say that things were back to normal.  In the Great Valley, the celebration continued on for two days.

“I’m gonna catch you guys!” Cera laughed, the fast biter being “It” in the group of friends’ game of “Hide and Go Hunt.”

“You can’t catch me!” Petrie laughed, flying overhead.   “Oh, that’s no fair,” Cera called, but she wasn’t angry or anything.  Just then, Littlefoot tripped, providing Cera with the opportunity to tag him.  “Oh no,” he laughed.

Cera then tagged him, then the friends shared a laugh again.  “I think we should end the game now guys,” Littlefoot said, “I got to go say goodbye to my family, they’re leaving the Great Valley in a few minutes.”  “So is my uncle,” Petrie added.  “The Bright Circle is going down anyways,” Ruby added, “We all should be heading back to our sleeping places.”

LATER….

Pterano was (Once again) saying goodbye to his sister, nephews, and nieces.   “I’ll miss you uncle,” Petrie said, the young sharptooth flyer hugging Pterano.  “I’ll miss you too Petrie, don’t worry,” Pterano replied.  He then looked at his sister.

“I guess I’ll miss you brother,” Tera said, “Take care.”  “Same to you sister,” Pterano replied, and the mighty sharptooth flyer, still a bit sore from his fight with Sierra albeit, took off into the skies and on another world travel, for real this time.

MEANWHILE…….

Saura, Tyran, and Shorty were ready to leave the into the Mysterious Beyond with the rest of the rexes who liked to travel when Littlefoot came running up.  “Goodbye Littlefoot,” Saura said, nuzzling her son.  “I’ll miss you. “  Littlefoot then showed his family something he was holding in his hand: the shiny stone he had one in the pinecone tournament back in chapter 16.

“I want you guys to have this,” he smiled.  “Littlefoot…it’s beautiful!”  Saura said.  “Almost as beautiful as your mother,” Tyran added.  Shorty walked up to his brother.

“Thanks for all your help Shorty,” Littlefoot said.  “Don’t mention it bro,” replied Shorty, then the two brothers gave each other a hug.

“Aww….you two are finally getting along” smiled Saura.  The hug quickly ended.  “No, actually…..he just tripped and I caught him, that’s all,” responded Shorty.  Tyran just smirked.

Chomper looked around him and smiled.  This new reality was finally at peace.  Ruby came up and gave him another kiss.  “Thanks for all the help you’ve ever given me Chomper,” the fast biter smiled.  “Don’t mention it,” replied Chomper happily, and kissed back.  Hey were in love, could you really blame them for kissing each other a lot?

Meanwhile, on the top of one of the stone walls, the rainbowface who had apparently emerged from the smashed stone magically teleported to the top.  “Aw, nice and peaceful here,” he smiled, seeing all the sharpteeth.  “But where is the little one who freed me?”  He looked around, and after a minute, Chomper came into view. “A-ha!”

The Bright Circle had gone down by this point, so the gang was ready to go to sleep.  “Don’t worry son, I think your father’s snoring problem has gone away,” Terri smirked, but Dein took the joke.  “Oh, it Has,” Dein said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Chomper just giggled.  His parents were some of the funniest sharpteeth he knew.

ON THE TOP OF THE ROCK……

“Better wait to everyone has gone asleep,” the rainbowface thought to himself, “Even though it wouldn’t matter if one of them saw me, I could just teleport somewhere else no problem.”  The rainbow face for now watched Ducky and Spike go to sleep in the waterhole, Ducky practicing some flips beforehand. She was happy because her tooth was growing back ever since she lost it in the whole Guider incident. The young swimming sharptooth’s skill had improved greatly over the past few weeks.

“Goodnight mom, goodnight dad,” Chomper yawned, a little tired.  “Goodnight son,” Dein and Terri yawned in unison.  Honestly, right now, you could not find parents who were more proud of their child now then Chomper’s parents.  “He has grown so much, it’s unbelievable,” Terri whispered happily.

Outside, back in the central part of the Great Valley, Guido was getting hungry.  “On no, it’s too dark to try hunting now,” he said, the sharpbeak’s stomach rumbling.  The rainbowface was nearby, and wanted to help out Guido.  With a quick snap of his fingers….

Right behind Guido, a small spiketail corpse landed behind him magically.  “Hmm…must’ve not noticed this,” Guido thought to himself, thinking the meal had always been there, and began chowing down.  Mage then continued to make his way towards Chomper’s family’s cave.

Meanwhile, at Sharptooth’s cave, Ruby was also settling down to go to sleep herself.  “Thank you Sharptooth,” she smiled warmly.  “For what?” the leader of the Great Valley asked in reply.  “For being so supportive of me and everyone, and helping us take down those heartless flyers.”  “Don’t mention it,” replied Sharptooth happily, and then lied down on the ground.  Shortly afterwards, the young fast biter quickly ran up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Sharptooth had really become like a father to Ruby since he saved her life long ago.

AT CHOMPER’S CAVE……..

Knowing that the conflicts were over and there wasn’t anything really major to worry about, Chomper just enjoyed hearing the sounds of the night.  Water trickling in the waterhole, branches blowing in the wind, his parent’s snoring, and if you listened closely enough you could hear their dinner digesting in their stomachs.  Chomper’s life was good.  He took in a deep, happy breath.  “Night everyone,” he whispered, wondering if somehow all his friends heard that, and proceeded to go to sleep.

It was at this point that the rainbow face managed to get to Chomper’s cave.  “Oh great, too late as always Mage,” he self-criticized.  “I’ll just try again in the morning.”  But then it happened.  Just as Mage was stepping outside the cave, he tripped on a rock and hit the ground.  “Whoa!” he called out loud as he made the impact.  This sudden commotion was enough to wake Chomper up.

“Wha? Who was that?” the little t-rex asked.  He looked around, and he quickly saw Mage.  “Who are you?” he asked, not afraid but just surprised.  Why would (and how could) a leafeater be found so deep in the Great Valley?

“Oh, hello there Chomper,” Mage replied.  Chomper looked confused.  “How do you know my name?” Chomper asked.  “I knew it since you first talked to me,” Mage replied.  Chomper looked even more confused.  “When did I talk to you?”  Mage knew he was going to have to tell Chomper that he was the magic spirit who lived inside the Stone of Cold Fire.  He wanted to thank the little biter anyways.

“My name is Mage,” Mage replied.  “And I am the magical spirit you freed when you destroyed the Stone of Cold Fire.”  “Wha?” Chomper went, surprised now more than ever.   He remembered when Mr. Belly Dragger first told them about the magical powers the Stone of Cold Fire had shortly after he made his wish, but he didn’t think they had a physical embodiment or anything!

Mage chuckled a bit.  “Pardon my haste, I believe I introduced myself rather too quickly, I’m willing to bet this revelation has been a….bit of a shock to you, has it not?”  “Are you just playing a joke?” Chomper asked, still confused by this rainbowface.

“Oh, this is not a trick,” Mage smiled back in a friendly way.  “Observe.”  He looked at a small rock on the ground near Dein and with a snap of his hand, the rock began levitating into the air!  “Wow!” Chomper said loudly.

“Something the matter son?” Dein asked, waking up but keeping his eyes closed because he was still tired.  “Nothing dad,”  Chomper roared back, not wanting to wake up his parents during this.  Dein fell asleep again shortly afterwards.

“Your father’s right Chomper, we could stand to be more quiet,” Mage whispered…..in the sharptooth language.  “You know how to speak Sharptooth?” Chomper whispered amazed in his native tongue.  “I knew how to speak every language since I was created,” Mage replied.

Chomper looked confused.  “Created?  Don’t you mean you were born?” the little sharptooth asked.  This is when Mage’s story began to get interesting.  “Oh, yes, I was hatched from an egg like yourself….but that was hundreds of cold times ago.”  “Hundreds?!” Chomper said in anon-whisper tone, but it wasn’t enough to wake up his parents thankfully.

Mage thought in his mind about how he should begin the tale of his past.  “Chomper, ever wonder why dinosaurs who believe in magic think the only magical thing in the world is the Stone of Cold Fire?” the rainbow face asked.  “No, I haven’t,” Chomper replied.  “Well, there’s a good reason for that,” Mage began.

“Long ago, all those hundreds of cold times that I mentioned, before you made your wish, magic was a lot more common in the world.  At first, it seemed like all the spells and tricks we could do would be for the greater good of all dinosaurs, but then some of the dinos, both flattooth and sharptooth, began to get greedy.”

“What happened?” asked Chomper, intrigued by this spirit’s tale.  “Hold on, I’m getting to that,” Mage replied.

“But there were still dinosaurs who used their magic for good reasons, and they realized something:  the world was better off without magic, so they needed a way to seal the magic away where no one would find it.  The leader of the Wise Council knew my parents, and I had just been recently hatched, so then they made a decision: to transfer all their magical powers out of their bodies and into mine, and they hoped myself or any of the selfish dinosaurs would never find out about this ability.”

Chomper was amazed, but one detail was still bugging him.  “But then how did you end up in the Stone of Cold Fire?” the little sharptooth asked puzzled.  “Well…..let’s just say that was of my own free will,” Mage responded. “Huh?”

“You see, not everyone on the Wise Council turned out to be as smart as we thought they were.  One of the council, a threehorn named Dagger was beginning to regret giving up his magical abilities.  He went to me and my family and tried to force me to use my magic, and this was the first time I learned about the power I was given, of course.”  “That sounds bad,” Chomper said.  “It got worse,” Mage added.

“After his attempts to make me use my magic failed, Dagger brought, how you say…..reinforcements.  He gathered up all of the evil magic-craving dinosaurs he could find, and they went out to kill all my friends and family as a way of coaxing me into using my magic, which at the time I didn’t really know how to control.”  “That’s  horrible of them!” Chomper whispered.  “But, it didn’t really surprise me.  Magic is something anyone would do insane or evil things to get,” Mage explained.  “But then, the two leaders of the council, a longneck and a sharptooth, had come up with a plan.”

“What was the plan?” asked Chomper, intrigued by the world of magic.  “Turns out they didn’t transfer all of their magic into me,” Mage explained, “There was one type of spell they still had the ability to use: the power to transfer magic.  They found what was now known as the Stone of cold Fire and came to me.  They asked me, for the sake of the world, to transfer myself and my magic powers into the rock so all the evil dinosaurs would give up on the ability to use magic.  It was a hard choice…..but I eventually accepted it.  I knew I probably wouldn’t be able to see my friends or family again, but I knew it had to be done.”

“But where does the wishes the Stone granted come into effect?” asked Chomper.  “That was a disadvantage of living inside a rock.  If anyone found me and knew what I was, I wouldn’t be able to stop my magic powers from activating.  However, the longneck and sharptooth leaders of the Council put a, for lack of a better term, limit on how many times the magic could be activated.  They made it so that after the first dinosaur who made a non-selfish wish, the stone would be completely useless.  And as time went on, less dinos began to believe in magic or that it ever existed, but those flyers were an exception.”

Chomper looked confused.  “You mean my wish wasn’t selfish?” he asked.  “You may not think so Chomper,” Mage replied, “But since we flip-flopped the species of all the dinosaurs, the Circle of Life has become more balanced, has it not?”

Chomper thought back to the Redfoot incident.  He also remembered how the sharptooth-leafeater ratio was more even in this reality.  “And you know your friends Littlefoot and Rita?” Mage asked suddenly.  “Yeah,” replied Chomper, not getting what Mage was getting at.

“Tell me something those two have in common,” Mage said. Chomper thought for a moment.  “Um…they are both nice, one was a longneck and one’s now a longneck,’ Chomper guessed.  “Accurate, but not what I was referring to,” Mage replied.  “The one thing I was referring to was their mothers.  They were both dead in the past reality, but now, thanks to your wish, they are alive again.”  Chomper remembered his surprise when he first saw Saura/Littlefoot’s mom as a t-rex, but he didn’t think too deeply about it back then.

“I may have used up a majority of my magic powers when I granted your wish Chomper, but I’m sure there are still things I could help you out with if you needed me,” Mage offered.  “What do you mean?” Chomper asked.  “Well, I’m thankful you made a selfless wish AND that you managed to free me from the stone and now I can enjoy the world, I want to be your friend, you wouldn’t mind that, right?”

Chomper really didn’t need to think about the answer.  “Of course Mage!’ Chomper said, still not waking his folks up.  “Then, if you want to talk to me or need my help, just call out for me,” Mage advised.  “But what if you’re far away at the moment?” Chomper asked.  “It’s another bit of my magic,” Mage replied.  “I’ll know when you are calling for me.  Well, goodnight!”  

“Goodnight,’ Chomper smiled back.  Then Mage snapped his fingers, and in a flash, he teleported himself to a private cavern in a different part of the GV for the night.

After this big surprise, Chomper went back to sleep.  He now had a friend with magical powers!

(There you go, Read and Review please!)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Only 2 chapters, including this one, remaining!  Hope you like it!)

Chapter 43: Final Round

The next morning came.  All of the gang gathered around the waterhole just because they wanted to talk.  “You look tired Chomper, you do, you do,” Ducky said from the water.  “Did you have a bad sleep story?” asked Ruby, giving Chopmer a morning kiss when the rest of the gang wasn’t looking, even though she knew that Petrie and Littlefoot were aware of Chomper and Ruby’s love for each other.

“No, uh…my dad’s snoring just woke me up in the middle of the night,” Chomper lied, but it wasn’t a mean lie.  I mean, how do you think everyone would’ve reacted if Chomper told them about Mage?  Speaking of Mage, the rainbow face spirit decided to live in the Secret Caverns.  At nighttime, he and Chomper would have talks, and Mage had always managed to avoid detection.  So far, Chomper had no need for another use of Mage’s powers, and Mage was happy that Chomper did not get greedy or conceited because of this.

About a week after Chomper met the magical rainbow face, the gang was hanging out in the waterhole.  “Ah, this is the life,” Petrie smiled.  He could still fly perfectly well, be he decided to just lie on the little flotation device (Even though that’s not the term they used) that his friends had made for him back in chapter 21.  “Yeah,” the gang replied in unison.

(Again, at this point, they would start singing Good Times, Good Friends, but I doubt you want to hear that one more time, am I right?)

Soon, they heard someone swimming close by.  Tippy was quickly making her ways over towards her friends. “Guys! You’ll never guess what Tippy just heard!” the belly dragger smiled.  “What is it Tippy?” Guido asked, the sharpbeak staring at her admiringly, but Tippy didn’t see this. “Tippy just overheard that there’s going to be another Pine cone tournament,” Tippy said.

“Cool,” Littlefoot, Chomper, Ruby, and Petrie replied.  Cera sounded interested too, but she remembered the incident when she had to babysit Tricia and how she got into a big panic when she thought she had lost her, so she hoped that wouldn’t happen again.  Tippy had one more piece of information about this contest.

“However, Tippy heard that only teams of 3 can compete in it,” the belly dragger explained.  This posed a problem for the gang.

There was 9 of them, a number divisible by 3, but Ducky, being a swimming sharptooth, was not able to play this game.  That left eight: Chomper, Ruby, Cera, Petrie, Littlefoot, Spike, Tippy, and Guido.  Littlefoot was thinking of a plan.  “Looks like 2 of us will have to not compete,” he said, not being able to come up with a way around this problem.
Ducky looked a little disappointed in her self, but she quickly smiled again.  “I don’t mind, I don’t, I don’t,” she grinned.  “I’ll keep you company Ducky,” Petrie said, flying towards the swimming sharptooth he had a little bit of a crush one.  “Thanks Petrie,” Ducky replied.

“Guys, there’s still a week before the games you know,” Tippy said. The gang shared a little laugh.  The friends then jumped it the water and gathered in a circle.  “Yeah, as we work together, we’ll always do good,” Ruby smiled, the nine pals putting their hands/claws/fins together.  What they didn’t see was that three bullies were nearby, listening to their every word……

“Those runts may have beaten us before, but they aren’t going to beat us again,” Hyp smirked to Mutt and Nod.  “And I think I know how we can have an assured victory,” he added with a laugh.  Nod and Mutt looked confused.  “What do you mean Hyp?” Nod and Mutt asked confused.  “You’ll find out….” Replied Hyp.

3.5 DAYS LATER……….

Chomper, Dein, Terri, Littlefoot, and Littlefoot’s grandparents came back with the rest of the t-rex hunting party, as it was their turn that day.  “You’re really doing great son,” Dein complimented.  “Thanks dad,” Chomper smiled.  “Yeah, that clubtail didn’t stand a chance against the two of us Chomper,” Littlefoot smiled to his friend.  The two young sharptooth seemed extra active these past couple days according to their parents.

“I remember how many times I played games when I was younger,” Dein said, remembering back when he lived in the Mysterious Beyond.  “Yeah, you probably always lost,” Terri laughed.  “Hey…” Dein said, annoyed but not offended. Chomper’s parents shared a laugh.  Chomper smiled.  Sometimes, he felt his parents acted like little kids (Especially after Terri told the story of how she and Dein met), but this didn’t bother him.

As Littlefoot and Chomper were walking back to the center of the GV, they noticed Hyp walking by.  But the weird thing was, Hyp looked happy.  Very happy, as he had an unusually noticeable smile on his face.  “Hyp looks happy,” commented Littlefoot.  The two little biters looked at each other.  “Then it can’t be a good thing….” They said at the same time, knowing how Hyp was still a bit of a bully.  “Well, let’s wait and see what happens,” Chomper said.

Littlefoot nodded in agreement. “Okay….race ya to the Secret Caverns!” he said, quickly getting a head start. “Hey!” laughed Chomper, following his friend.

2.5 DAYS LATER……………..

It was nighttime.  Hyp had told Nod and Mutt to meet him by the trees where the stinging buzzer’s nest was.  “So, what are we supposed to do?”  Nod asked, because Hyp hadn’t told his friends what his intentions were.  “Yea, what is it Hyp?” asked Mutt.

Hyp let out a sly grin.  “Simple, help me with this,” he said, climbing into one of the trees and began picking out berries.  The fast biter and belly dragger looked confused.  “Uh….Hyp…..why are you getting those tree sweets? You know they are terrible,” Nod commented.  “Exactly,” Hyp replied.

“You see, the night of the games, when we get to the Semi-Finals for sure, we’ll just secretly put these in the other team’s food, and when they eat this, they’ll get belly aches, and they won’t be able to play right!”  Mutt thought this was a good plan, but Nod looked unsure.  “But Hyp….we’d only be playing 3 at a time, couldn’t we win normally?”  Hyp started to look mad.

Hyp jumped down.  “Do you know how my dad reacted when we lost last time?!”  he asked angrily.  “He called me a weak wimp who can’t even hunt properly!”  Nod stayed silent.  “Ok…..I’ll help you,” he said finally.  “I just want my dad to stop picking on me”! Hyp said, picking out more sweet bubbles.

THE NIGHT OF THE GAMES……………

The Gang of Nine decided how their teams would work:

Sitting out: Ducky, Petrie, Spike.
Playing, Team 1: Chomper, Littlefoot, Ruby.
Playing, Team 2: Cera, Tippy, Guido.

“You guys can do it, yes you can, you can!” Ducky smiled to her friends.  “Thanks Ducky,” replied Chomper. Chomper was glad that in this reality he had more time to play games with his friends.  In addition to the gang’s two teams, there was the trio of Hyp, Nod, and Mutt, and 5 other teams, leaving a total of eight.

Sharptooth, Littlefoot’s grandfather (Whose name was Allister, and this is the name he’ll have in SV 2 and in the previous reality.), Watra (From chapter 16), and Cira were serving as the referees/commentators.  (IE, they roared what was going on like a modern day sports broadcast.)

Sharptooth went over to Ruby.  “Good luck,”  he whispered to the dark-reddish pink fast biter and her friends.  “Thank you,” Ruby replied to her legal guardian.  “And be sure to play fair.  One thing in life I know is that cheating is one of the worst things you can do,” he said.  The gang nodded. Sharptooth was full of wisdom, which was good as he was the leader of the valley.

“So, when do we play?” Guido asked the gang.  “We’re not in the first match, the first match none of us are in,” Ruby responded.  “But me, Ruby, and Littlefoot go in the second,” Chomper added.

(This is not the complete chapter, just a preview.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hey Brek I was just going to let you know that you double posted the preview of chapter 43 twice? Which by the way looks good so far.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Whoops, how do I delete one post?)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think you can. You can modify the post and put in something like "ignore" or "disregard this post" or something, but you can't remove the post completely.