The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BabidiKrakenGuard's Piccy's

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Still no new tweakings for Maleficent yet.. I come with a small little sneak peak as to what kind of other critter i am doing.  :crazy

Yeah, it's just the head.. It's supposed to be one of the Skeksis from the Dark Crystal (To be specific, this guy, SkekUng) and before you ask, yes, that used to be the Horned King.. Anyways, im proud with how the head turned out, but i honestly have no clue on where to begin with the rest.. Gives me an idea for how Future Pixel/Sprite/Icon Ozzy might look though :)

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here you go, Pangy! Expect to see this up in the captions section..  :lol

It was for this Roleplay Board where you roleplay as the Disney Characters(Guess who i signed up as? :DD) and there is this section where you can have other Disney characters asking your character a question. I decided to make one, and i decided to make this picture to go with it..

"Ladies and gentlemen." Began a small, green, goblin-like creature known as Creeper who acted as the announcer. Judging by his tone of voice, he was choosing his words carefully.. "This Q&A Session will feature his majesty, the Horned King!" And quickly aftarwards, Creeper whispered through the microphone: "But i would recommend choosing your questions very carefully as he is known to strangle things.."

And with that, the announcer stepped down to let the Horned King take over. The Horned King looked over at the "CAUTION: I WILL STRANGLE" sign next to the microphone and gave Creeper and the other castmembers a cold look. "Expect to earn some when this is over and done with.." The Horned King hissed, eyes glowing red for a brief moment. The Horned King then turned his attention back to the crowd and waited for their questions. He was also thinking to himself: How did it come to this?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Great to see some more art! The sign is hilarious! :lol

I had to read the quote from the RP before I realized that thing in front of him was a microphone, though (I think its base should be broader; I thought it was a cane or staff at first). You might want to differentiate it a bit more from the pole holding up the sign. Also, in the position it’s in, it’s a little hard to tell that the mic is in front of him (Until I figured out what it was, I thought he was holding it, or that it was hooked onto his collar).

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I've been posting how many pixellies of the Horned King instead of Land Before Time characters.. I'm beginning to wonder if this is even in the right place?  :unsure:

Yup, more HoKi's. Sadly, no Creeper's yet.. :( I just hope the new HoKi-Sprites dont look like he's strangling himself.  :p

New Sprites:
Thinking/Chin in hand
Gasping/Hands over mouth

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's early, but I couldn't resist. Also, sorry for the double post! :(

Yes, that is a little red nose.. Been joking around. Involved the Horned King wearing a little red nose for christmas.. Yeah.. :p Was going to add some jinglies to the horns, but I decided the nose was good enough. Might do some jinglies later though..  :p

Im cruel..  :DD

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Don't worry about the double post. It's my fault for being lax with my reviewing. :rolleyes

If you don't think you're making enough LBT fanart, perhaps you could work more on those Ozzy and Strut icons?

Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Nov 7 2010 on  01:11 AM
Yup, more HoKi's. Sadly, no Creeper's yet.. :( I just hope the new HoKi-Sprites dont look like he's strangling himself.  :p
He looks thoughtful to me in the first sprite, like he's brainstorming or mulling over something. :smile And in the second one it looks like he's either shocked, or doing the “speak no evil” monkey pose :lol (though considering his line of work, should that be “speak no good”? :p). In any case, I think it would be really funny if you did more icons with him covering his eyes with both hands, and with his hands on the sides of his head. :idea :lol In the third icon, he again looks like he's thinking, but in a more perplexed or even epiphanic manner (“If Creeper falls off the top of a turret, and no one’s around to hear him land, does he make a sound?” :P: or “Uh-oh…did I leave the Cauldron boiling?” :p).

The new sprite is hysterical. :lol The Horned King does not look amused. And I love the idea of decorating his horns! :lol: Maybe you could try putting a Santa beard on him, too. Alternatively, I'm envisioning Creeper dressed as Santa Claus in a sleigh, with the Horned King hooked up to it like a reindeer (surely fantasizing about trussing Creeper up with wrapping paper and ribbons and using him as a stocking stuffer: “do not strangle till Christmas” :p :lol).

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Do not strangle till Christmas"  :lol

Anyway, I'm back with some more pixel stuff! Unlike the sprites, however, I now come with Portraits..

I was browsing DeviantArt for a good tutorial on how to draw on MSPaint. The closest thing that I could find was an Avatar/Portrait Tutorial for an online game called Furcadia(I've actually played it before, but not in a loooong time). It turned out that tracing pictures on MSPaint is one of the steps, so I don't feel as guilty..  :lol: Alas, I could not add any shading to the portraits featured below because I know what will happen: I try shading them, and they'll turn out sucky..  :unsure: Still, shaded or not, I'm pretty proud with the result.

Hmm.. The Ozzy and Strut one's look like they could fit in together..

So after reading the tutorial, I decided to do the Horned King.. He is really easy when it comes to tracing things like that..  :blink:

Then after that, I decided to try re-coloring him so that he had a similar appearance to how he looked in Mickey Mouse and the Land of Illusion. Turns out he actually looks deader then normal(which is very abnormal considering the fact that he looks pretty dead when alive!) and looks a bit ghostly. After re-coloring him, I really like the new colors! :)

Finally! A more familiar face! Two faces, actually..

Yep, Ozzy and Strut. This time, I think I've improved ALOT on Ozzy's coloration(Remember how he was always a lighter gray and a darker gray before?) I actually started on Ozzy last night, but couldn't finish him because it was very late and I had to get some sleep. So after waking up, I hopped back onto the Computer and finished him. Then after that, I decided I would do Strut as well, because where would Ozzy be without Strut?  :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Great job with the pictures. You drew them very well. Nice work.