The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bump this thread when in a good mood!

Explorer · 277 · 25319

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I am high now!!!
I don't think any legal or illegal drugs could get me in a state of euphoria resembling that of a presentation held at the university (not that I'm going to test it to make sure;)). I could present the work I have done so far for my final paper (about the German newspaper coverage of the American Civil War) in a course today.
And really, I think this presentation holding is something that runs in my blood.
One thing I take special pride in is the fact that while nobody had noticed the time of the lesson ended when I finished my presentation (and we are talking of a lesson ending at 7:30pm, the time when students just want to get home at last). The discussion then started and it took another 15 minutes before someone noticed that we were overrunning the end of the lesson. I really had managed to get people so interested in the topic that they had forgotten about their interest to get home as soon as possible :smile
Some even stayed after that to further talk to me about it. And I am really very grateful to my fellow students who not only did me a great honor with their interest but also gave me some really helpful feedback which I think will help me to get my further proceedings outlined more clearly :yes
Like all that was not enough, my lecturer made a remark suggesting that it was a topic that could be further elaborated in a dissertation. The first official allusion (though allusion it remains until the work is done) that I may be offered the chance for a doctorate at the university after finishing my current paper :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's pretty awesome malte. I've never seen anything happening like that before(catching people's interests :p )

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Captivating your audience eh Malte?! Good on ya buddy! I personally hated doing presentations at uni (except maybe for one in particular... :D ). Congrats on your achievement  ;)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm in a good mood 'cuz I'd been on roller coasters all day and got some much-needed adrenaline rushes out of my system (and kept my food in :p  :lol).

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Today I bump this thread because:

I've managed to sell my old motorcycle for 12500 SEK! :D (1 528,90 USD)
I had set the price to 14000 (1 712,37 USD) but the buyer wanted to knock it down. He said 12000, then I said 12500. DEAL!
And sold.
So glad to have it away, and the money will do good. :D
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm in a happy mood 'cuz I found a shirt at Hot Topic that has a sharptooth playing the original Nintendo while drinking Coke :lol.  Reminds me playing Mario while drinking Coke as a kid :p.  I just thought it's funny and cute :lol.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm happy because I just finished my history research paper today! WOOT!

:smile

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Feeling a lot better than I have in the better part of a month - I've finally got a somewhat stable work schedule - I've been designated as the main closer, so I'm pretty well guaranteed to get 25 hours a week for some time. Yay for work  :lol:

Something else that lifts my mood - I don't have to get my hip replaced right away as was previously thought. Bonus, 'cause I'm not quite ready to spend three months(most likely longer depending on what they do the other side)at my parents' place...and the longer I can wait, the longer it'll last...and the more I can work  :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Happy because my lion king collection got extended with like 2 times as much as I already had :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Cool :)
How so, Iris? Did you strike a good bargain at ebay?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Should have bumped this yesterday!
I take the opportunity to do it now!

Yesterday I was finaly, after 2 months of waiting, able to go to CambridgeESOLs' website and check my CAE (Cambridge Advanced English Certificate) results!

I'm very happy to anounce that I have passed!   :D  :D  :D
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 9 2009 on  11:33 AM
Cool :)
How so, Iris? Did you strike a good bargain at ebay?
Indeed, at some dutch ebay! :) People gave me money for it because of my birthday.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm in a good mood 'cuz....I'm feeling unusually random and bouncing off da wallzzzz :nyah  :lol  :lol.!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a few new things to say that have risen my mood today.
  • I have discovered Python, and I am writing code after code in a language that I like!
  • My school came first nationally in the National Science League for Physics.
  • I was one of the four top scorers and got a national individual award!

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm now in a good mood and bumping this since I am rediscovering how much fun you guys are to be "around" and how posting and or reading around here helps me after such days as today where work was stressful!

Bump and hug to everyone and cyber chocolate treesweets (actually that sounds kinda nasty...) for those of you who I "talk to" alot and so probably know who you are!

((and if cyber chocolate treesweets are nasty, you get regular chocolate :DD))

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm in a good mood because I am going to a Yankee game tonight. And because I am always in a good mood when I post here you guys are awesome.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bump for winning two GOF AWards.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: