The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Big Surprise

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I came up with this while at work tonight and kept it in my noggin until I got in front of the keyboard :wow.  Anyhoo, this is my first fanfic and it is a one-shot.  It is also rare, 'cuz I usually write dark stories.  Hope y'all enjoy it :^.^:!

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or settings associated with The Land Before Time franchise or Universal, nor do I intend to profit off the following fanfic.*

The Big Surprise

The bright circle began to rise over the Great Valley; the dawn of a new day.  The roaring Thundering Falls could faintly be heard as the screeching grasshoppers faded into silence.  All was tranquil, until a cute young threehorn by the name of Cera jumped out of her sleep.  “Huh?  What?” she cried out as she glanced around her.  She had been having a scary sleepstory, though it was not her first.  “What’s wrong with me?  Threehorns don’t have scary sleepstories,” she gruffly mumbled to herself.  On the contrary, Cera was rather nervous.  In her sleepstory, Cera could not locate any of the Great Valley residents, and it happened to be her starday!  “Oh, dear!  What a night I had, Daddy,” Cera groaned as she stretched her front legs out.  “Daddy?”  Cera turned toward Topsy and Tria’s nest, only to find the nest empty.  “Daddy?  Tria?  Tricia?  Where are you guys?”  Cera, now restless and upset, tried to think of where her family could be.  The Thundering Falls, she thought to herself.  Surely, the Threehorn family would be there with the other dinosaurs to bathe and converse.  
Cera walked swiftly toward the Thundering Falls.  The Great Valley was quiet that morning; too quiet for comfort.  Something told the little threehorn it was not an ordinary morning, and she had a feeling her instinct was correct.  How could her own family forget it was her starday, her one day to be a shining star?  It was when Cera reached the Thundering Falls that her suspicion was confirmed.  Not a soul had arrived at the usual morning hotspot.  Cera blinked back tears of sadness.  “Daddy? Guys?  Is this a joke, ëcuz it’s not funny,” Cera whimpered.  Perhaps they’re at Two-Boulder Pass, she thought to herself again.  This time, she cantered over to her destination, only to find no one again.  
Cera felt as though she would panic.  Had something happened and I slept through it?  Was there a sharptooth invasion?  Cera felt herself trembling, and quickly shook it off.  “Enough of that,” she grumbled.  “I’m not afraid of anything!”  Just then, a quiet sound made Cera’s heart pound as she stopped dead in her tracks.  She knew what it was and didn’t like it by any means.  It was a growl; a low-pitched, relatively quiet growl like that of a fastbiter’s.  No.  This can’t be happening, she thought as her tremors returned.  Cera’s eyes became watery as she glanced to her right at some dense bushes.  Somehow, she had ended up on the outskirts of the Dark Forest without realizing it.  Her father had told her many stories of Great Valley residents who had ventured in those woods and were never heard from again.  Cera felt as though her heart was up in her throat.  Okay, girl.  Step away slowly, and don’t turn your back, Cera thought as she cautiously took three steps away from the bushes.  Suddenly, a deafening roar rang out as the bushes shivered violently.  “Aiiiiiii!” Cera shrieked as her mind flashed white and she lost all sense and reason.  “Daddy!  Anyone! Help me!”  She was not even thinking as she bolted for the Tall Trees.  While she wanted to glance back, Cera was too freaked out to do such.  “Somebody help me!  He-!”  SMACK!  Next thing she knew, Cera was seeing stars and her head spun relentlessly.  “Ow!  I’m so stupid!” she screamed as she took off again, not even looking at the tree she had run into.  “Help me!” she continued to shriek until she came to a screeching halt in front of a massive fallen log.  “Aw, sharptooth crap!” she cried out as she began to turn to face her killer.  However, before she could fully turn around, she was abruptly snatched up in a grasp.  
“Aiiiii!  Have mercy!”  “You’re beautiful!” Cera heard a familiar voice ring out.  She then looked down, and realized she was not in a death grip but instead a loving embrace.  “Doofah?” she questioned, glancing up to see the eccentric yellowbelly’s simpleton expression.  “Aww,” soothed Doofah as she embraced Cera tighter.  “Ow!  I’m okay, Doofah.  I really am.  Please set me down.”  Doofah did as told, and Cera sat down while rubbing her side with her left front paw.  “You really need to ease up on those hugs.  By the way, where did you come from?  Where is everyone else?”  Doofah, however, could only mumble incoherently.  Cera cocked an eyebrow at her, but then cringed when Doofah let out a long howl.  “What the-?”  Cera was suddenly interrupted and jumped out of startlement to a loud “HAPPY STARDAY, CERA!”  Cera turned around, only to find the Great Valley residents and her family were standing right behind her.  “What?!  How?!” she cried out.  “Cera, my dear.  Even us grown-up longnecks know how to hide when the time is right,” chuckled Grandma Longneck.  “You mean you guys didn’t forget about my starday?”  “Now, Cera.  I would NEVER do such a thing.  I love you so much, my brave little princess,” chuckled Topsy as he came up to Cera and warmly nuzzled her.  “Your father’s right, sweetie,” added Tria as she joined the three.  Tricia dashed up to Cera and rubbed against her right foreleg.  “Cera,” she babbled in delight.  Cera giggled and nuzzled her little sister.  “Wait.  Where are my friends?”  “Do you really think we would really be anywhere else, Cera?” asked Littlefoot as he, Spike, Ducky, Petrie, Chomper and Ruby all came up to Cera.  “Oh, no no no, Cera.  We are happy to be here with you, yep yep yep,” chimed Ducky as she came up and embraced Cera.  “Ducky right, Cera.  You friend, and friends never forget friends,” blurted Petrie as the rest of the gang embraced Cera at once.  “You guys, I don’t know what to say.  Thanks.”  Cera was crying again, but this time the tears were tears of joy, not fear or sadness.  “You’re quite welcome, Cera.  You’re a special friend to us,” replied Littlefoot.  “Well, c’mon back Cera.  The party’s only begun,” said Topsy as he and Tria guided the children further into the Tall Trees.  
Cera gasped in disbelief.  Before the dinosaurs stood the tallest pile of tree sweets and sweet bubbles.  A section of yellow flowers designated just for the starday girl was included in the display.  “Let’s dance!” hollered Doofah.  All of a sudden, an army of yellowbellies leaped out from behind the trees and began to dance, hoot and holler.  The Great Valley residents, knowing the yellowbellies would leave the next day, were able to tolerate the screwball guests.  “How did they keep away from the stash?” asked Cera, munching on a mouthful of yellow flowers.  “Well, you can thank Hyp and his posse,” said Chomper.  “I will, and as for that bush stunt back there, I’ll get you back for that one, buster.”  Chomper blushed and giggled in delight over his ability to scare the Great Valley’s toughest little girl.  As Cera enjoyed every moment of her starday, she couldn’t help but glance at all her friends, family and neighbors.  Cera knew she was one lucky threehorn to be receiving such a starday celebration.  What had started out as a rotten day turned out to be the best day of her life yet.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh, I like this story :yes

Although I dont really know Doofah/Loofah etc, I sort of got a view now sticking around here at the forum.

Heh, I really like it :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed reading that.  Though most folks put dialog from different folks into it's own line and a paragraph on a new line, sort of like a book.   Overall a fun read.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 2 2008 on  01:07 AM
“Aw, sharptooth crap!”
I couldn't help but laugh at that. :lol

Overall good story, i too enjoyed reading it. :^.^:

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com