The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Not to be a bother, but your Darwin's Soldiers stories have become a "dead fic" for lack of a better term.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever told you that your avatar makes people have an appetite? Including me?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
@Serris: Not to worry, they are finished on paper, I just have to type them up. They are still going to be finished. You'll notice I've been sparse in the role plays and everything, that's because the familykeeps going on trips in real life, so I'm not home very much. Alos why I didn't notice your post here.

@oogaboo: Yes, I actually get that a lot. Lots of users have mentioned that I have a very tasty looking avatar :yes It makes me glad that I searched as long as I did to find the best looking BLT on Google Search.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
An extremely belated thanks :) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :birthday

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You mentioned an upcoming Darwin's Soldier's story in a PM.

Also, I'm working on another story, and this one is going to include several of your characters from the Furtopia role play (specifically, James Zanasiu and Ken). Is that all right?

What continuity is this in?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
First of all, let me say that it'll be a while before this story starts getting posted. I want this story fully conceived, written, and typed up before I start posting it, to avoid the "dead fic" thing that happened with the last two.

But it's going to be the last of the Card of Ten sequels, explaining what happened to the remaining members of the away team, namely Hawkeye, Snow, and Neku.

As the PM shows, they eventually meet up with the two aforementioned characters (and one more ;) ) and learn more about the anti-matter Earth they're currently stuck in, like why everything looks like a nuclear fallout took place.

And again, since I realize that nobody except me cares about the characters from Card of Ten, I'll simultaneously write another Dragonstorm-based story, the last one of the Nietzsche's Soldiers series. It'll show how the core cast of Dragonstorm met up in their university years, as was established in the 1st RP.

Neither story is very far along at the moment, but progress is slowly being made in both of them, and they will be finished some day, no doubt before the third RP ends. :)

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whats your favorite sandwich? Other than the avatar. :lol:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ooh, that's a tough-un. The BLT is indeed my favorite sandwich, but if it's not available a black forest ham foot-long with avocado from Subway is pretty awesome.

In fiction, I love to give my protagonists a predilection for Swiss cheese-and-ketchup sandwiches, mainly because its the most disgusting sounding sandwich I've ever heard of, and its a Calvin and Hobbes reference :yes

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am guessing once this DS story is finished, there will be no more from you?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I am debating writing another (much shorter) story starring ROSS. After that, I don't have anything planned, but who knows? Something might inspire me.

But even if this is my last story, it was a pretty good run. Altogether, my Darwin's Soldiers stories at this point add up to about 320 pages of material. I never thought this universe would provide me with such a breadth of material. I'm eternally grateful Serris! :celebrate

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're welcome!

I consider Darwin's Soldiers to be my finest creative endeavor.

Anyways, are you going to continue playing RPs or no? You're really, really quite a good RPer.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree with serris. i'd like for you to join some of the other rps, like insane cafÈ or toon world.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You never answered this question: are you going to continue RPing?

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dunno if this has been asked before, but what is you favorite comic? :3
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
On RPing: to be perfectly honest, I was going to say no. Darwins Soldiers was my first, and Id planned to make it only, online RP. But I found that it was tougher to say that once it was over. So now here I am!

Strut: Used to be Freefall, but its Soooooooooooo sloooooooow ................ useless conversations take real-world months, and its not that funny. So now I'd have to say Order of the Stick. The author is developing a truly intricate story, complete with plenty of humor and very interesting characters. Even people who don't play DnD can love that comic.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What is your favorite Star Trek series and why? :)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Whoa, I’d completely forgotten about this old thread. And most of these answers, haha!

I’m positive it’s mostly nostalgia talking, but I’ve always loved the Original Series most of all. It was my first, and it opened my eyes to the possibility that sci-fi could be philosophical, non-war-focused, and optimistic. Everything I’d seen before was either combat-focused (like Star Wars) or kiddy (like Lost in Space), and the original Star Trek was a landmark moment in my personal development. I’ll throw the Animated Series into this slot too, it’s a great series and I highly recommend it to anyone into Star Trek. The writers made great use of the animated medium to create more fantastical aliens and tell stories that would have too expensive in live-action, like underwater exploration and massive pre-Colombian city-planets.

TNG is my next favorite, and it’s probably a better overall show than TOS. The characters are more three-dimensional, the writing was more cerebral, and it had enough seasons to really come into its own. I’ve only seen a bit of Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise, so I probably haven’t given them a fair enough shake, but Voyager was my favorite of the three.

Lastly, I’ve been watching Lower Decks with my free month of CBS All-Access, and I’m pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it is to watch. The writing is good, the jokes land, and the creators are clearly massive trekkies because they pepper a ton of subtle references into every episode. The characters are all likeable and the plots work both comedically and within the confines of the Trek universe. I didn't go in expeccting much, but now I can't wait for the second season.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:35:31 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fun going through all the answers again huh? :P

Thanks for the thorough answer! I have been meaning to check out Lower Decks, but haven't found a legit way to access it yet over here. Looking forward to it.