The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are Shawmen Dinosaurs a good idea?

Ruby2 · 5 · 1151

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You know, the type that serve some weird deity or spirtula force and have funny rituals.

Perhaps some could try and sacrifice the Gang to volcanoies to please some deity.  The fun of this is that they could be a bizarre form of Leaf Eater, Fast Runner, Hidden Runner, or Egg Stealer and need not be Sharpteeth, but still could be interesting bad guys.

Or they could at least be an amusing distraction to the plot.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not really sure if that would fit in with LBT. The dinosaurs don't really have a concept of a deity. The closest we have is in..I think it was The Bright Circle Celebration or something, thank the sun for simply being there. But that's it.

ARAJediMaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, to be fair, I don’t know much about the series, save for I, V, VII, VIII, and X, but going with the spiritualism in the first film, it may not seem so out of place with me. Who knows what secrets the adults may be concealing from their young ones until the time is right for them to know?

Sorry, this is just me being half-Star Wars fan and BIONICLE fan. I don’t much by the movie series, but I like to include such ideas whenever I can.

P. S. To the original poster, it would be “shaman,” not “shawman.”

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
After the alien dinosaurs in LBT VII, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go down that route.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know how it'd fit in with LBT, but there is some precedent for it. There was that one tv episode with Petrie being afraid of smoky mountain, and keep saying things like it's angry.

Maybe some feeble minded dinosaurs could start to believe some inanimate structure, like a volcano or something, could be a thing that could be angered or appeased. There was that whole longneck migration thing from movie 10, with longnecks believing they were saving the sun, which was under a solar eclipse at the time, and those tall tales from movie 6, with a mountain coming out of the ground, to seemingly commemorate some longneck that fought off a sharptooth.

Could try to write some more, but gotta leave for work now.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)