The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movie 4's rain sequence...I have a problem w/ it

Guest · 41 · 3527

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^She most certainly didn't forget. She just told you in a subtle way she didn't think those were any kind of serious injury.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
If you are talking about the bee stings again, Bron, sorry but that is not a serious injury and never was. A little painful probably, but no serious injury. And no I did not forget. But rather than simply state that bee stings are not serious injuries, I just went for just stating I don't think they were seriously injured in movie 6.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ok, just really hurt then. (The most Spike had ever been hurt, and has ever been hurt)

Bruton the Iguanodon

So now have I proved how the things relate?

Anyways I'm still pissed it wasn't longer. Why stop the rain there?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
No, the rain being the last rain shown in an LBT movie preceeding the beestings does not relate / connect the two events in any manner sufficient to allow for any sensible discussion.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK...would it make sense if I say the scene in where they get back and Cera's dad  scolds her was the last time Ducky and Spike saw him before the stigs? (ote it was JUST bfore the stigs...usually your "last time" of seeing somebody doesn't happen so close to when IT is about to happen)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The assassination of JFK was the last successful attempt on a US president's life prior to the release of LBT. Both the president and the movie are abbreviated to three capital letters too! Can the connection possibly be any more obvious?

(Switch on the sarcasm detectors which have been mentioned frequently on the GOF lately... hey, I don't recall the term being used prior to the first mention of the bees in LBT 6! There must be some connection there!)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's the better question: What the heck is the point of this topic? You didn't like a rain sequence in a movie. A little too nit picky, but okay fine. What exactly are you looking for in posting a topic about it? Do you expect us to start discussing the physics of rain showers or something? Do you want us to say "You're absolutely right, that rain storm was too short! LBT IV is ruined forever!"? I'm sorry if I'm being offensive, but I just don't see the point of this topic at all.

But on top of that, I have another question now (please excuse the language). Bruton,  WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL DISCUSSING THE BEE STINGS!? This is absolutely ridiculous! How many times are we going to beat this dead horse before you realize that NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE BEE STINGS! I swear you find a way to bring them in at every single chance you get! Enough is enough! Stop wasting our time with this pointless discussion about bee stings and injuries and all that other stuff!

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm sorry.

But can't I feel sorry for Spike ansd Ducky? It was Spike's first injury ever and his worst to date (pretty much his only to date too)

But I would feel so much beter about it they had shown it happening---to give it closure. Why the heck wasn't it shown? I want soooooo badly to see it.  <_<

Anda m I right about what I said? Yes. Was the rainstorm in LBT 4 the last one Ducky and Spike endured before the bee stings? Yes. Was seeing Cera's dad after they got back the last time they saw him before the bee stings? Yes. Was the rainstorm in 4 too short? Yes. :confused  Did it stop at the wrong time? Heck, yes!  :anger  And could it have continued during "It Takes All Sorts"? Oh yes. Whoever says it couldn't have...

Though if you insist on an answer to your question here, I'll just say that I think the rain should have stopped no later than the start of the song. As Ludichris pointed it, I think it would have ruined the feel of the song.

How about no later then the end of the song?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
There you go again, saying you're sorry and yet you continue to do EXACTLY what we keep telling you not to do. Stop apologizing and actually listen to what we are telling you instead of ignoring it.

Nobody said you couldn't feel sorry for them. What we don't like is you constantly making EVERY SINGLE topic posted somehow become about the same pointless discussion OVER AND OVER again. They were stung by bees. That's it. End of story. Finished. Finito. El Fin! The movie does not show them getting stung. You will NEVER see it happen. Get over it, and stop complaining about it to us because WE DON'T CARE about the bee stings or why you want to see them so badly.

And another thing: none of your statements are proven facts. Just because something is not shown in the movies does not mean it didn't happen. There could have been five rainstorms after the one in IV between IV and V or V and VI. They just weren't shown. They could have seen Cera's dad that next morning before they met up. We don't know.

Your other three statements are based on you opinion, NOT FACTS. Just because you believe something does not make it true. You think the rain storm was too short. Well I say it was perfectly fine. You say it stopped at the wrong time. I say it ended at the right time. You say it could have continued during the song. I say it couldn't have. The point is people are allowed to have their own opinions about things, so saying that your opinion is fact is disrespectful to others and doesn't make you sound any more intelligent, instead you sound immature and stubborn.

Whoever says it couldn't have

I just said it couldn't have. What are you going to do about it? It's my opinion, not yours. Deal with it.

I don't even get why you are putting so much thought into it. IT'S A FREAKING RAINSTORM! It's probably the most insignificant part of the entire movie! Why does there have to be something wrong with EVERY SINGLE detail in these movies?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You Bruton have not answered my question! How can you?
   The assassination of JFK was the last successful attempt on a US president's life prior to the release of LBT. Both the president and the movie are abbreviated to three capital letters too! Can the connection possibly be any more obvious?

Point is Bruton that the random connections you are making do not allow for any sensible discussion of any sort. It is more likely than not that there was some offscreen rain throughout LBT 5 (otherwise the Great Valley could have hardly regrown as much as it did) but in any case that got absolutely nothing to do with the bee stings.
Feeling sorry for Ducky and Spike is one thing, getting obsessed over bee stings and crying in LBT and posting everywhere constantly, not taking a no or silence for an answer when it is glaringly obvious that nobody but yourself shares the passion for the respective topics, and making utterly random connections is quite another thing Bruton and the patience of our members can be pushed only so far before we must consider whether or not it is doing more harm than good for the community.

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, but I did make one point you haven't "corrected"---it was the first time Spike was injured, and by far the most painful injury he's suffered to date---really, the only injury he's suffered to date.

But yeah, I've gotten carried away with it all.

But I do want to see the bee stings, and am furious that it will never happen  <_<

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Again, your "point" is not entirely correct. Again, for all we know, Spike could have gotten hurt in between the movies. Once again, JUST BECAUSE IT ISN'T SHOWN DOES NOT MEAN IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

See this is what annoys and angers us. You admit you get carried away, and then right there you go RIGHT BACK to it.

People get furious when their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend cheat on them. People get furious when they get robbed. People DO NOT get furious when a kid's movie that was made YEARS ago did not emphasize ONE SINGLE DETAIL that was addressed maybe for SIX SECONDS. Your anger is misplaced, irrational, and immature. GET OVER IT. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE BEE STINGS. Stop complaining about it and move on with your life.  <_<

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well for all we know, it was his first injury ever. That, on top of the fact that it's the most painful thing that's ever happened to Spike, makes it significant.

And it's more then 6 seconds...Dcuky and Spike are still shown wearing their leaves after they stop talking about it, so while they don't adress it again, the fact that it happened remains for the rest of the scene.

And you talk about movie 6 like it was made a looooong time ago? Please, it's not THAT new.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Good god I'm talking to a wall.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THIS WAS HIS FIRST "INJURY" EVER! HE COULD HAVE HAD AN INJURY BEFORE LBT VI, AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MORE PAINFUL THAN AN INSIGNIFICANT BEE STING!

I'm done arguing about this. It is perfectly clear that you are in your own little world where over analyzing insignificant details is okay and annoying the rest of the board by continuously posting THE SAME EXACT THING over and over again is acceptable. I'm just going to stop now before I get pissed off and say a few unsettling words.

By the way, the movie was released in 1998. That's more than 10 years ago. That's long enough.

Bruton the Iguanodon

It's likely it was his first injury since he lives in a pretty safe environment.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is quite possible that Spike was injured prior to LBT6. Stuff does happen between movies and offscreen that we don't see. Here are some examples:

The introduction of Dinah and Danah
Guido making it to the Great Valley
The introduction of Ruby to the gang
Littlefoot telling the grownups about Chomper
Littlefoot successfully leading everyone to safety (I mean exiting the danger zone and going up on that safe spot high above the fire)

These are examples of scenes we did not see, but clearly happened. Is it really any stretch to the imagination to suspect that Spike got hurt before the bee sting? I find it pretty hard to believe that a mere bee sting would be his first "injury". A bruise, perhaps, and he likely got them in LBT2.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Whatever happened to him in LBT 2 was nowhere near as painful as the bee stings in 6.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Apr 4 2012 on  08:17 PM
Good god I'm talking to a wall.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THIS WAS HIS FIRST "INJURY" EVER! HE COULD HAVE HAD AN INJURY BEFORE LBT VI, AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MORE PAINFUL THAN AN INSIGNIFICANT BEE STING!

I'm done arguing about this. It is perfectly clear that you are in your own little world where over analyzing insignificant details is okay and annoying the rest of the board by continuously posting THE SAME EXACT THING over and over again is acceptable. I'm just going to stop now before I get pissed off and say a few unsettling words.

By the way, the movie was released in 1998. That's more than 10 years ago. That's long enough.
Rob beat me to the punch.  I think even a wall would listen better :blink:.

And enough already with the freakin' bee stings!  Enough is enough!  What more do any of us have to say to get you to get over the bee stings?  People get stung by bees everyday, and do they keel over in severe pain?!  Unless they're allergic, never!  If you think that's bad, ask a mother what childbirth feels like or ask a wounded war vet how it felt when he lost a body part by having it blown off by a landmine, and that will make you rethink what bee stings are really like!  Get over it already, beacuse you're really turning members off by not respecting their opinions and forcing your views onto all of us!