The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which of the 7 main characters do you think will

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think the list would go this way from most trouble to least trouble.

1.) Chomper (being a Friendly Sharptooth can be a big problem as  other Sharpteeth might find such behavior unnatural and odd.  Also, his mate and possibly future kids might want to eat Leaf Eaters, and he has best friends that are Leaf Eaters.   I mean, getting a mate could mean the end of his friendship with the other members of the Gang of Seven.  Also, supposing that he tries to introduce his mate to someone in the Great Valley and they try and kill her.  If he loves her, he'll have the painful duty to defend her, even if it means killing a Leaf Eater.)

2.) Littlefoot (contrary to what Mama Longneck said, there are no Longnecks Littlefoot's age in the Great Valley and few indeed of any age there at all.  Barring Ali returning or some other new female coming, he's in trouble.  Not to mention that a lot of Longnecks probably find Littlefoot's habit of making friends with different kinds, even Sharpteeth, to be very taboo.)  

3.)  Spike (just like there being few Longnecks, there appears to be few Spiketails there, as even Mama Swimmer said that it was good for Spike to be with his own kind when Tippy came.  Also, Spike doesn't really talk, which could be a further detriment to a relationship.)

4.) Cera (There are many Threehorns there for her, but her personality might pose a problem.)

5.)  Petrie (There are plenty of Flyers, and he isn't as bossy and such as Cera, but he is a scaredy egg.  Any girl he encounters might think him a coward.  Also, he'd probably sweat the Thundering Falls asking a girl out, let alone asking her to marry him.)

6.)  Ruby (Her keeping her feelings to herself might be an issue,  but she seems brave and easy going.)

7.) Ducky (She is so kind and easy to get along with.  She'll probably have the least problem.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike will have some trouble to find a girlfriend because... he can't talk :p

Petrie's cowardice, clumsiness and shyness aren't exactly traits a flyer girl is looking for...

I agree with the points you made about Chomper completely, only I think Spike's and Petrie's difficulties are a little bigger.

The other four probably won't have much difficulty at all. They just need to find a mate who fits to their personality :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Littlefoot has a problem: The only female Longneck that we know of in the Great Valley is Grandma Longneck!!!!!

There seem to be the following Longnecks in the Great Valley that we know of:

Males: Littlefoot (Kid), Grandpa Longneck (Grandfather and already married), Pat (kinda old)

Females: Grandma Longneck (Grandmother and already married)

Maybe Bron and Shorty will come there after the end of 14, but that still won't help Littlefoot find a wife!   :lol

Indeed, the only female Littlefoot's age that we know of is Ali, and there is now a problem with that that the TV Series introduced:

Rhett may be a creep, but Ali will likely be spending a lot more time with him than Littlefoot over the years, so Littlefoot will have to find some way to impress Ali to get her to choose him over her friend that she spends more time with.

Unless a Longneck herd comes to the Great Valley to stay, Littlefoot is going to have to look outside the Great Valley for a mate and so he may have a painful choice too, especially if she turns out to be someone other than Ali, who might not like living in the Combined Herd, and he may have to forgo his friends as well or at least maybe live outside the Great Valley.

Also, even Ali might not be so tolerant of other kinds.  I know she improved in IV, but she probably still has some to learn still.  

I mean, I can see it now if Littlefoot goes outside the Great Valley looking for a mate.

Littlefoot: So I'm friends with a Threehorn, a Swimmer, a Flyer, a Spiketail, a Sharptooth, and a Fast Runner.

Other Longnecks:   :nyah  :nyah  :nyah   Loser!

Littlefoot:   :cry

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie, because he has such a tricky personality. Not sure how many lady flyers could put up with his constant panic .

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Littlefoot has a problem: The only female Longneck that we know of in the Great Valley is Grandma Longneck!!!!!
You seem to forget that the Longnecks we know aren't the only Longnecks in the big dinosaur world ;) Who knows how often a Longneck visits the Great Valley? For all we know, there could be children the age of Littlefoot visiting quite frequently... and don't forget that Littlefoot seems to spend a lot of time outside of the Valley due to his adventurous nature :p Who knows how many girls he'll run into...  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Hey, even Scrat from the Ice Age could find a mate, and these guys aren't much worst than him :p