The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ever had a catchphrase?

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
So, has there been a moment where you ever attempted to fashion a catchphrase for yourself? You know, the kind of quote that is repeated constantly. If you ever coined a catchphrase for you, how did it went? Was it successful or in the end you just decided not to go with it? And what kind of catchphrase did you create?

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever had a particular quote that I'd call my own catchphrase.

Although if you pay attention to the people around you, you'll notice that they all have their own catchphrases or strings of dialogue they'll repeat in the same situation. My best examples all come from people I've worked with.

My trainer had: "Don't be a nosy parker." for anyone who was being nosy. I think they also had a few more, but I can't remember them right now.

One associate had: "Is there overtime available?" used at pretty much every lunch start-up.

Another shouted out: "Yeah!" extremely loudly as his after meeting cheer. I compared this habit to Snowflake/Bulk Biceps similar exclamations and he stopped doing it for a while, sadly.

I myself tend to use "Heyo!" as a greeting and scream out "Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda!" in any video game where you can rapid-fire punch as an attack. Time stop attacks get an Engrish cry of "Za Worldo!", but these are all burrowed from different media sources. I've even picked up a habit of flicking my wrist from a certain show as I find it hard to remain still for long periods of time.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
never had any catchphrases myself at least that i can remember.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not quite sure if it counts as a catchphrase, but I often say "aye" as a confirmation, which is somewhat noteable, especially when I'm talking German.
In written conversation if very often end emails or PMs by saying: "With many greetings and best wishes", before the signature.
Perhaps the closest thing to a catch phrase is my frequent ending line in skype chats (which I let one character in my current fanfiction use at one point as a little insider joke on my expense ;)): "Dream what dreams you'd like to dream."

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I have never had a catchphrase myself, but I had indeed used some from time to time.