The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

101 Dalmatians 3 film ideas

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know what will come out of this thread.

What if there was a 101 Dalmatians 3?

Any ideas of what you would have as a story or have in the cast?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

I feel like they closed the series pretty well with the sequel and if they were to make another one it would raise the question whether Cruella would be the main villain yet again. Reusing old ideas three times in a row is not exactly good story telling. That being said, while I enjoyed the sequel, nothing can beat the amazing feeling the original brought.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

I feel like they closed the series pretty well with the sequel and if they were to make another one it would raise the question whether Cruella would be the main villain yet again. Reusing old ideas three times in a row is not exactly good story telling. That being said, while I enjoyed the sequel, nothing can beat the amazing feeling the original brought.

I think it would still be nice to share any ideas that people think about if they have an thoughts about a "what if" scenario with the series.

Yes the series of films will most likely never become a trilogy but the fantasy surrounding the concept of a third movie is always good to sometimes think about.

Keeps the dream alive even if it never becomes reality.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:38:29 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
what would the story be about? pongo and perdita have to be pretty old by that point. its not as if 'creulla gets out of jail and wants revenge' would work.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
what would the story be about? pongo and perdita have to be pretty old by that point. its not as if 'creulla gets out of jail and wants revenge' would work.

My point exactly. The overused cliché that the main villain was sentenced to prison for doing something terrible and breaking out of said prison to get revenge on the protagonist is quite unoriginal and I fail to see how it would excite the audience. Although Disney is up to something little different, as of right now, I don't see it becoming a hit.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a28812996/cruella-disney-release-date-cast-trailer-101-dalmatians-prequel/

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
They used that Cruella plot point in the live-action 102 Dalmatians and the direct to DVD sequel haha.

But yeah, I think that Pongo and Pedita have never quite been the main protagonist since the original. I believe the cartoon series focuses on the pups, and 101 Dalmatians 2 focused on Thunderbolt and Patch.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A third one can focus on a relative of Cruella Devil to say who is just as twisted or take the sequel to 101 Dalmatians The Starlight Barking and adapt that.

Here it the summary on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starlight_Barking

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:12:18 PM by Nick22 »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
A third one can focus on a relative of Cruella Devil to say who is just as twisted or take the sequel to 101 Dalmatians The Starlight Barking and adapt that.

I used to own the 101 Dalmatians Platinum Edition, and there was a documentary on it. Though I barely remember it, Starlight Barking is mentioned. Walt apparently wanted to break his own rule of never making a sequel (101 Dalmatians already broke many rules with its Xerox animation and being set in a contemporary time) because he liked the author's work a lot, but I think he decently against it eventually. So I don't think Disney will ever adapt that novel in particular.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was also mentioned that he didn't know about it since he died before the book was published.

The TV Series, the 2 live action movies and the animated sequel to the 1961 original have no connection to the book's sequel.

Not to say the animated one is bad, I felt that if they looked at it they would have thought that the story wasn't strong enough to satisfy a 70 minute movie even if it's a straight to Video/DVD.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Problem is thats already been done plenty of times. see Little mermaid 2. its derivative.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well the The Starlight Barking would be a good adaption.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
when was that book written?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
When it was written?

It was released in 1967 and was a direct sequel.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:41:24 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum

My point exactly. The overused cliché that the main villain was sentenced to prison for doing something terrible and breaking out of said prison to get revenge on the protagonist is quite unoriginal and I fail to see how it would excite the audience. Although Disney is up to something little different, as of right now, I don't see it becoming a hit.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a28812996/cruella-disney-release-date-cast-trailer-101-dalmatians-prequel/
That one's been used for hundreds of years now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't really think people really would want to watch a prequel.

Disney should give people a story on the Dalmatians themselves not just a villain.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Does this pertain to animated films or the live action movies?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does this pertain to animated films or the live action movies?

Live action for the Cruella story and animation for the dalmatians.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I would love 103 Dalmatians (Animated) to focus on Patches and Wizzer, like the PC Game:

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm quite annoyed that Disney now want to spend time on a story that nobody really cares about.

When was the last time you thought "I want to know about why Cruella De Vil became obsessed with Dalmatians"?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I'm quite annoyed that Disney now want to spend time on a story that nobody really cares about.

When was the last time you thought "I want to know about why Cruella De Vil became obsessed with Dalmatians"?

I agree, there is no empathizing with dog killer. What’s next? Ursula’s own movie?