The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What Mario Kart game had the best tracks?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Probably my all-time favorite part of the Mario Kart games are the tracks, and they all have some good ones.

Right now, I'm undecided between Wii, DS, or Double Dash. All 3 some of my favorite tracks from the entire series.

Double Dash had Mushroom City, Daisy Cruiser, and Dino Dino Jungle.

DS had Airship Fortress, Waluigi Pinball, Delfino Square, and my favorite Bowser's Castle.

Wii had Coconut Mall, Toad's Factory, Maple Treeway, DK Summit, and Moonview Highway.

What about you guys?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm partial to the double dash courses, although mk8 does a good job of reimagining of the earlier courses. so i guess the quesytion is, which do you like beter: original courses or re-imaginings?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
 my favorite tracks currently are from Mario Kart 7. My Favorites are Rock Rock Mountain, Dino Dino Jungle, Maple Treeway, Wuhu Loop, and Maka Wuhu.

Nintendo, please make a LBT themed track!  :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:02:44 PM by Little Bro »
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
my favorite tracks currently are from Mario Kart 7. My Favorites are Rock Rock Mountain, Dino Dino Jungle, Maple Treeway, Wuhu Loop, and Maka Wuhu.

Nintendo, please make a LBT themed track!

Great tracks! I loved when Dino Dino Jungle appeared in Double Dash and Maple Treeway was first featured in Mario Kart Wii. I love both those tracks. I played Maple Treeway to death. :D

Some of my favorites are from N64, Frappe SnowLand, ChoCo Mountain (makes you want coco puffs):

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Double dash had great tracks and they need to return to the 2 player per kart dynamic. you can squeeze in more racers too. 16  karts per race- 32 racers. you could have cups et in paper mario. Sunshine, odyssey etc. imagine a kart race in New Donk City, for instance.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Double dash had great tracks and they need to return to the 2 player per kart dynamic. you can squeeze in more racers too. 16  karts per race- 32 racers. you could have cups et in paper mario. Sunshine, odyssey etc. imagine a kart race in New Donk City, for instance.

Double Dash was the most innovative in gameplay, but as usual people complained and they went back to N64 format. I wouldn’t mind every other MK being like Double Dash.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
agred. i wouldnt mind a race-off mode in versus. tie it to how you did in the recent cup, lets say you had a bad run and finished 13th out of 16. you would face the 4th place finisher in the first round. you could have it be a single race knockout, like a march madness tournament, or a series ( best of 3 races, or best of 5). it would allow you a lot of replayability.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Sharpely

• Scary and strangerous :D
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hard thing to fly...GRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Mario Kart Wii, for sure!!! Toad's Factory and Coconut Mall should've been in 8 2.0  x(cera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I love Frape Frape Land from N64, the Snow Yoshi, the snowmeb who explode. :)