The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Karaoke Round 4!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With the recent completion of two of our recent songs, Always There and No One Has To Be Alone, I'm taking requests for the Gang of Five's next performance! :wow

For those of you unfamiliar with these projects, here's how it works:
Members of the Gang of Five decide on a song from the LBT series.  I then produce a custom version of the background music, with no singers.  The Gang of Five members who are interested in taking part can record themselves singing to the background music I wrote.  I will then collect the recordings and mix them together with the music to produce a "Gang of Five performance" of our favorite LBT songs!

If you're interested in this project at all, feel free to cast your vote on a song! We have already done
If We Hold On Together (LBT 1)
No One Has To Be Alone (LBT 9)
Always There (LBT 5)

While I have no problem recording a new member in these previous songs (let me know if you want to be in one of the songs above, if you aren't already!) we're mainly looking for votes on which song to sing next.  Depending on the song, I will be accepting up to about 5 or 6 people for the song.  Any more than that and the number of voices gets too difficult to mix together.  between 3 and 5 is preferred.  If a song gets enough interest, I will produce two versions of the song, with 3 (or more) singers in each version.  If you want to try a song solo, just send me your recording and I'll put you to music and post your song up on the Gang of Five! B)

Anyways, cast your votes here!  I vote for "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond".

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
How about "bestest friends"? Or is it "best of friends?" From the tenth movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I generally like the sort of sentimental songs from LBT best and "bestest friends" is certainly no exception. I just suggest that, looking at the fact that we have had three sentimental songs so far, we could do something of a different mood for a change (and this is really just a suggestion as I will be happy to sing "Bestest Friends").

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How about "bestest friends"? Or is it "best of friends?" From the tenth movie.
They're actually both correct. :p
It depends on the song you're referring to.  The one sung by the Gang during the film LBT 10 is "Bestest friends".  The version sung by Olivia Newton-John in the credits is titled "Best of Friends" according to the credits.  They are very similar songs.

I should probably also point out that this project won't be released until the middle of December at the Earliest.  I'm just gathering interest right now.  I'll begin work on this next song in the middle of December.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If you're not the greatest singer, perhaps Lone Dinosaur would be a more upbeat change of pace.  As long as you can talk you pretty much can do that song.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you're not the greatest singer, perhaps Lone Dinosaur would be a more upbeat change of pace.
There's always "Who Needs You?" :P:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Oh dear, "Who needs you?" is really one of those songs which I really wouldn't enjoy to sing. My suggestion for a song of a different mood would be Adventuring (but again, I don't object Bestest friends either.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Hey Tim...your midi files are down.  I wanted to do some mixing...did a couple of demos of myself.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Tim...your midi files are down. I wanted to do some mixing...did a couple of demos of myself.
I was going to put those back up as soon as I learned how to work my ISP's web space.  When I swtiched ISPs last week I lost my storage site for the audio clips and MIDIs.  I'll put them back up ASAP.

[EDIT] The entire LBT Song and Lyrics Database has been officially copied from my old Freewebs server to my new Shaw.ca server.  The freewebs pages are still there but they will no longer be updated and the old audio file links will not be fixed anytime soon.  The new page should work for the most part, but please let me know if you stumble across any errors on the new website.  Thanks B)

Known issues that I will fix when I have time:
-Shoutbox link
-The secondary links to the Movie and Song sorts, from the main page.  Use the main links at the top of the page.  The ones in the opening desicription are broken.
[/EDIT]

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
oooh cool another project sounds awsomee..

hmmm im not sure which songs. It takes all sorts is pretty nce, cause you have the option of using alot of voices.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh dear, "Who needs you?" is really one of those songs which I really wouldn't enjoy to sing.
I was actually joking, Malte. :lol

Hmm, we have a number of proposed songs, including
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond
Adventuring
Bestest Friends
It Takes All Sorts
Lone Dinosaur

Narrowing it down will be a bit of a challenge, but let me just say that we will get to do all of these songs, in time! B)  

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond and It Takes All Sorts will take me some time to set up, so we won't be able to do them for some time.  Based on that, I am narrowing down our choices to songs that I already have roughly prepared:

Adventuring
Bestest Friends
Lone Dinosaur

Out of these, I shall vote for Adventuring, as a break from our previous, slower, sentimental songs.  Everyone, feel free to cast your vote on one of the three songs above.  If nobody votes, I will go with Adventuring as our song. :p

The feel free to send me recordings of yourself singing your song of choice, and I will start working on the final song at the end of this week.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For anyone who wants in on our performance of Lone Dinosaur, here's the MP3 of the music we'll be singing to.

This first link is for the raw music with NO vocal instruments at all.  Download this if you're comfortable getting the timing of your singing on your own.  This is closer to what the final song will sound like.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...52D7D09007CB9DD

This next link contains quiet instruments playing the singing parts.  Download this one if you want to be able to hear the notes you'll be singing.  If you find the vocal instruments distracting, download the other one.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...1B5063D2D7956B8
Littlefoot: Electric Piano (fairly easy to hear)
Cera: Strings (tend to blend in with the violins a lot)
Ducky: not shown
Petrie: English Horn (very quiet)

These links will work for about a week.  I think these came out fairly well. :)  the opening of the Vocals-Included version really shows off the quality of the violins in the Symphonic Gold XP Pro  software! :D  I can't wait to do a song with trumpets and show off the trumpet section!  it's awesome!  (Hmm...anyone want to do "When You're Big" or "Big Water"?) :P:
(Heh, sorry.  Ex-Trumpet player here and the trumpets in the software are quite amazing! Especially the short, punchy trumpet sound; just beautiful! Hahaha...Okay I'm done.... :wave )

I may still clean up the music a bit more for the final song but this is good enough for now.  This took about an hour of tweaking after importing my MIDI file.  It's not a really fast job to do so I'll tweak it more once we have the vocals in place and I know what it will all sound like. :p  I still need to tweak the guitar strumming (on the left speaker) a bit more.  It's still a bit broken :p  About half of my tweaking time was on the banjo, changing the volumes of the notes, One Note At A Time, to make it sound dynamic and realistic.  The original MIDI didn't have much dynamic on the banjo and piano parts.  I wrote the original MIDI in Noteworthy Composer, which isn't very well-equipped for detailed dynamics on a note-by-note level.  FL Studio 6, which I used for this MP3, is much better for that.  If I write MIDIs in FL Studio, however, I cant share sheet music later. That's the catch. :(  
That's why I don't have an NWC or any sheet music for No One Has To Be Alone, Malte.  I wrote the MIDI in FL Studio because I knew it would demand the precise dynamic control available only in FL Studio.  As a result, I don't have any sheet music for that song, and converting a MIDI to clean sheet music isn't a quick and easy job.  It's easy to convert to rough, somewhat messy sheet music from a MIDI but it takes a long time to make that sheet music look professional.

This Mp3 is much more dynamic overall but not too dynamic.  This song can't be made too dynamic without sounding silly. :lol

Have fun and Happy recording! B)

By the way, I'm currently working on an Adventuring MP3, which I will post up ASAP.  It's proving to be a bit of a pain to convert!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
When I get a quiet moment, I'll give it a try. :)

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
cool i'll do a recording of lone dinosaur.

i like lone dinosaur better but adventuring sounds fun to do too.

mm can anyone send me the mp3 of adventuring if thats possible? thanks in advance ^^

hmm i dont really like the song 'when your big' to me the lyrics arent that great and the song not too catchy. Big water though, s one i really like ^^

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure!
Here's a link to the Original Adventuring:
Please don't record while singing to This version of the song, as it will not necessarily be in synch with our version when it's complete.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...D31F6611F767105

I will send you the custom Mp3 as soon as it's complete but it's still in development.

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
kat thanks ^^

EDIT: Aww after listening to the song like over and over again im starting to love this song lmao

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
EDIT: Aww after listening to the song like over and over again im starting to love this song lmao
LOL Awesome! :D  It's one of the more catchy songs, for sure!

Here is a Very rough Mp3 of Adventuring for us to sing to. I will try to clean it up some more for the final release.  I'm not really happy with it so far but at least it's something for you guys to work with.  I'll work on getting it more cleaned up.

Feel free to record to this one and send me your results. B)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...15CF5895B4E1181

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
wooot i did adventuring, here yah go theres two for you too pick and choose
 :lol
I have to rerecord lone dinosaur so i'll have that soon ^^

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...TSDl5NQBId5TA==

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...A6A56F5789B5D4D