The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Villain Gang

MurMur · 11 · 2190

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This will decide which villain gang is the most popular. Make your choice, and don't forget to explain it here.
If you hate them all, then you'll have to explain why.  :)
I voted for Strut and Ozzy. Strut isn't even a villain, which I admire, while Ozzy is one amusing fellow.

EDIT: A error in the topic's name. Should be "choices" instead.  :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Surprise, surprise. Ozzy and Strut. I think I'm becoming way too predictable on these polls O_o
These two were the first dinosaurs that really stood out to me, apart from the Gang - they were way out of their league, almost comedic in their villainy that I never really took them as threat. And then at the end, with that switch, I think it kind of helped them in my eyes - they really meant business dspite their initial tomfoolery.
And plus, ostrich-mimics pwn :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I choose the Bullies because their character improved most and they're funny.
Just remember Mutt: "Yeah, DUMMY!"
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I also voted for Ozzy and Strut. I found their interaction with each other quite amusing but it surprised me near the end when they were about to throw Littlefoot and Chomper off the great wall. :blink: That showed that they had a dark side, after all.

The other villain gangs seemed a bit... meh, apart from Pterano's gang. Well, namely Sierra on that one. That guy was pure evil. :wow
I suppose Pterano and the gang would come as a close second, but I never really saw Pterano as a villain himself. I just prefer Ozzy and Strut for some reason. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Oh boy, villains, one of my favorite topics. :wub

I slightly disagree on calling the bullies from LBT 3 "villains", mostly because they are kids, albeit older kids than the main five. They aren't not antagonistic, Hyp even threatens to physically hurt them, but he seems to do it mostly for that whole "I'm bigger and tougher and I'm going to keep and put you in your place because I'm the big boss around here and you better listen to me or else!" Granted bullies can be villains, but I guess you as the writer or viewer will have to decide what exactly crosses the line from being just someone that is teasing to get a reaction to actually being a legitimate threat.

However, these other villains were definitely entertaining in their own right. Ozzy and Strut with how their dual personalities worked off one another, Ozzy being the egg obsessed brother that usually led and "hatched" most of the schemes to get the eggs and Strut the more docile, submissive brother that wanted to eat vegetation. I disagree with your view on Strut not being a villain MurMur. Just because someone displays more cowardly and vulnerable traits than another character who is more active, it doesn't make them less of a villain. Strut was the one that actually suggests they kill Little Foot out of revenge taking back the egg they stole, to only have it hatch.

Ichy and Dil...they were more or less the same characters in nastiness and unpleasantness. One a blind and brutish prehistoric crocodile, the other a more slick and manipulative. But he seems to manipulate his comrade rather than anyone else. They seemed to just banter back and forth, picking at each other's flaws. They were sill predators to the main 5 plus Ali, don't get me wrong, but they were pretty much your typical sequel formula lackey type villains.

I remember holding by the idea that Pterano wasn't a villain or wasn't quite one to begin with, always having something of a heart of gold, almost like the Beast in BATB. Then I played a character in a RPG that was eerily similar to him as far as motives, his charm, and even had a bit of an antagonistic relationship to a kid he genuinely liked despite the fact that he used him as a pawn to further his plans for power. The character was Vlad Plasmius from Danny Phantom. Their story arc even ends with eerie similarities. While Vlad doesn't redeem himself while Pterano does, they are still both exiled and deal with the consequences of their actions.

Rinkus and Sierra, while they still do fall under that typical sequel lackey formula, I love that they inevitably turn on Pterano when Pterano can't deliver his blow-harded, fundamentally ill-lead promises of power. What's even better is when Pterano is in his "I'm awesome and everyone should love me" mode during his song, they PLOT against him, so even if Pterano succeeded in power they would still overthrow him, being power hungry flyers themselves. I'd love to see some mini series or something on how Pterano met these guys and what their relationships were like prior to re-entering the valley.

So ultimately? I choose Rinkus and Sierra.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
I vote for Dil and Ichy. :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta say even tho the movie wasn't that great Petries's Uncle's Gang. I'm sorry they where good and I love flying dinosaurs and you had two of my favorite voice actors in the movie Jim Cummings and Robert Paulsen who played two of the flyers. And you had Michael York who voiced Pterano.

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
Path light was right. Ichy and dil forever!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Path light was right. Ichy and dil forever!

This post gave me war flashbacks haha, I thought he'd unexpectedly returned

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ozzy and Strut. The Eggs song and the fact they remain a bad duo, learning absolutely nothing by the end.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:09:53 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Wait, was there supposed to be a poll? Judging by the comments, I'm inclined to think there was one, but I don't see it.