The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Spooky Nighttime Adventure

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, here's the link to the latest episode from Canada; the Spooky Nighttime Adventure! B)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...81B7810168E5FC5

Hmm, the quality was very bad in the compression of this one for some reason...I may try it again.  I'll leave this up for now though.

[EDIT] Quality fixed.  Disregard previous complaint. :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...seems that I can't make the quality much better without increasing the file size by quite a bit.

This is because my trial version of DivX expired so I'm being forced to use free encoders to compress the video.  The quality is proving to be...less than ideal.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nevermind!  Okay I think I got it working now.  I'll have a new link up within an hour or so. I'll make it up to you by using a slightly higher quality on this one than my usual videos. :P:
[EDIT] Here's the updated link:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...81B7810168E5FC5
I also changed the link in the first post to match this one.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Let's see, this episode has:

- Another Pterano mention
- A seemingly non-sentient green and blue colored dinosaur (The "Hidden Runner.")
- Mr. Thicknose again (3rd time in the tv series)
- Some fantastical dream sequences

It was fairly good. They really make Petrie look like a coward, though, much more so than in the movies that we have seen so far.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This episode, kind of a disappointment really.  Okay, they've officially killed "Adventuring" in my eyes.  At least they came up with a new one, but they had to use that theme from "Big, Big Water", a classic in my eyes.  Then again, it worked well, so it's okay. :)

Why has Universal turned Petrie into such a coward?  At least he's not as cowardly as some other cartoon charcters I know. <_<

It was at least nice to see Mr. Thicknose again, but we need to see other charcters.  After all, there's still quite the list...

Not much else I want to say about this.  Well, expect those songs Tuesday, Action9000. :)

I'll see ya all later. :^.^:

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well i was hoping it would air today on cartoon network but its days of rising waters. They just showed this ep a few days ago. I really hope they did not pull the evver so lame cartoon net work trick of never airing the entire series like they have with beast machines and all the gundamn wings and .hack.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You guys aren't going to believe this, but go back to near the end of the scene where the gang sings "Hidden, Hidden Runner".  You won't believe who actually gets a part in the song.

Hint: The one you'd least expect to talk. ;)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You're right! Spike sings-a-long with the rest, bout time, he hardly talked since lbt 4

Mr Thicknose's voice is a bit weird, though

Are the links to the episodes going to start being posted here?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 4 2007 on  06:18 AM
You're right! Spike sings-a-long with the rest, bout time, he hardly talked since lbt 4

Mr Thicknose's voice is a bit weird, though

Are the links to the episodes going to start being posted here?
I'm guessing that Action9000 is going to start the topics in the Episode Discussion section from now on and give the temporary link when he does so.

Anyways, nice surprise, huh?  It's just too bad that his voice is covered up by all the others to hear it properly. -_-

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well i unfortunatly dont hold out much hope of seeing any more episods air here other than reruns. Cartoon nework has yet to run this one. I think they may have pulled another beast machines and gundamn wing with land before time.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I don't know about that; they say that there are more episodes to be shown on their website, and perhaps they are taking a mid-season break from showing the second half of the first season.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
CN is often relutant to show a series in its whole straight ahead. The first 13 episodes were all shown right? It'll probably be a couple of months until they begin to show the other 13.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 4 2007 on  09:54 AM
CN is often relutant to show a series in its whole straight ahead. The first 13 episodes were all shown right? It'll probably be a couple of months until they begin to show the other 13.
well same thing was being said about beast machines for the secound season and the last half of the first season of the newest gundam wing and .hack. they started rrunning the first half or first season constantly while ytv showed the remaining eps. Only reason i got to ever see the 2nd seasons was because ytv allowed one guy from 3dxtream to make them available for download. Maybe cartoon network will show them but i wont be suprised to me if they never show them.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
This episode was...okay. Nothing special, but I must admit I really liked Hidden Runner - he (assuming it's a he) was more realistic then all the other LBT dinosaurs, or at least more realistic in the fact that he was multiple colors (blue, green, a dark greenish yellow) that had a pattern to them. I don't know what species Hidden Runner was, though. At first I thought it was Troodon, but then I thought it was Coelophysis, now I'm not so sure. I was happy to see a predator that wasn't a T. Rex or dromaeosaur, though.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Some sort of coelurosauridae. I guess this was the first time a dinosaur was treated like an animal, if it wasn't for Cera's aproach, the gang would've acted like explorers. It had its own sound and it was afraid of the other dinosaurs. One thing I found weird though, why didn't chomper talk to him? He speeks sharpttooth.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 5 2007 on  11:02 AM
Some sort of coelurosauridae. I guess this was the first time a dinosaur was treated like an animal, if it wasn't for Cera's aproach, the gang would've acted like explorers. It had its own sound and it was afraid of the other dinosaurs. One thing I found weird though, why didn't chomper talk to him? He speeks sharpttooth.
Too afraid and/or awestruck probably?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... maybe. Another thing I forgot to mention was the dragon in Cera's dream... has any of you seen the show Dragons are coming on the discovery channel?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 6 2007 on  07:27 AM
Hmm... maybe. Another thing I forgot to mention was the dragon in Cera's dream... has any of you seen the show Dragons are coming on the discovery channel?
Oh yeah, I thought her dream dragon was pretty wild. It had fur. But yes, I've seen that show, and it's quite interesting. There's a DVD version of Dragons that has an hour of extra footage, but it focuses on the scientists who 'found' the dragon skeleton. I think.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 5 2007 on  12:02 PM
I cant remember the speices but it wasnt a sharp tooth. Not in the way we think of them. I dont want to qouute from memory let me see if i can dig up some info on them. This should be real fun as i can remember the name heh