The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Awards

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi everybody!  :)
The second vote on awards in the GOF is drawing closer. This thread is meant to make some announcements on award issues discussed in the admin section, but above all you are invited to give your opinions, suggestions etc. on everything regarding the awards. As there has been quite a number of issues we've been discussing in the admin section I'll start with just one of them, but there is more to come.
We decided to shrink the size of the awards a bit. This is necessary in order to prevent the awards from getting too large and unwieldy in the signatures of the receivers. The awards will from now on be 50% of the size they have had so far, so the size currently taken up for a single award will in the future be enough for four awards. We hope that this measure is not too unpopular as it is really necessary with the number of new awards to be issued this year.
The receivers of awards are asked to replace the links in their current signatures with those of the smaller awards given below:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Got mine taken care of. Also know we will be starting the voting process very shortly for this year's awards.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that I reconsider the award resizing, it is probably a good idea, Malte. :yes
I have tested them on 4 different monitors (1 CRT, 2 LCD desktop monitors, and 1 laptop monitor), all at different resolutions and they are perfectly readable on all of them, even sitting quite far away.

Here is a list of a few changes we made to the award system since last year:

1) Everyone who has participated in singing with us will receive an award for their efforts.  Members who have sung in multiple songs will be properly creditted for this. B)

2) The Proactive award has been removed this year, as Adam earned it last year with 100% of the votes. :P:

3) An LBT Project Award has been created.  This award is for those members who created LBT projects outside of the traditional fanart (Music videos, webpages, etc).  We have a Fanart award so this award covers everybody else.  This award is voted upon; there will be only 1 recipient.

If anyone has other ideas for awards, feel free to post them up here and the admins will see about including it in the awards, coming soon. B)

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Sense im new here and havent been here long enough to know the specifics of the awards in general. Do those up for the award know ahead of time they have been picked as a canidate? Is it a general vote amoung all members on the forums or just admins mods etc Does one get nominated by others on forum etc.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 4 2007 on  07:53 PM

I have tested them on 4 different monitors (1 CRT, 2 LCD desktop monitors, and 1 laptop monitor), all at different resolutions and they are perfectly readable on all of them, even sitting quite far away.

Ive likely got one of the worst monitors here at moment and just checked on laptops lcd on both laptop screen and the monitor hooked up on it i can see them just fine and dandy. Crt is a 10 year old gateway e700 decent in its day but not so much now  text while just a tad fuzzy is easly readable. on the lappys lcd its very easy to read. Laptop in question is a dell inspiron 3500 400mhz res 1024x768. Far from a good laptop.

So its barly fuzzy on a beat up 10 year old crt and better than good on a old laptop.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We shall post the whole rules for the award voting here, as many people have been joining us since last years vote (it has been a great year for the board! So many friendly, new, active members! Thanks to all of you!). Right now I have to run to get to the university in time, but we will post the rules soon. Rule number 1:
This is meant to be fun, not some kind of competition! :yes

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
well it made things better for my award of last year. but I believe this year we didn't have much of rpgs going far, we have many made but then after about a few pages it comes to a grinding halt. the one me and Nick doing is going well and keep on the move even it slow, but sometimes it feels that this one we doing going to come to a halt. It a stage I believe that coming to a part that rpging is losing it interested at the moment. but it will have interested again.

LBT series fourm been going very well so far :) it seem to be going better then I thought it would, information and videos of each episode keeps the interested flowing. maybe we could make a award for that.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Apr 5 2007 on  09:16 AM
well it made things better for my award of last year. but I believe this year we didn't have much of rpgs going far, we have many made but then after about a few pages it comes to a grinding halt. the one me and Nick doing is going well and keep on the move even it slow, but sometimes it feels that this one we doing going to come to a halt. It a stage I believe that coming to a part that rpging is losing it interested at the moment. but it will have interested again.

LBT series fourm been going very well so far :) it seem to be going better then I thought it would, information and videos of each episode keeps the interested flowing. maybe we could make a award for that.
well makes sense the series forum would do well. The series is giving us alot to talk about. Unlike the movie were the chars were developed in the first half for the most part the series has new chars (obviously) that are being developed over a larger time frame. Then theres the inter relationships of the chars seen in story speakrs wiht little foot and chomper and escape from mysterious beyond with ducky and chomper. So we could explore this further on the forum for the series.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I always wondered about those pics in some member's sigs. So they're awards, huh? That's a nice addition in this board.  :DD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yep it is...done by member voting.

Wayne - I think the LBT Philosopher award falls under that category of discussion, be it the films or the tv series.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You should put an award of "The best party roomate" which goes to the one who participated in the Party Room very often. Don'tcha think? ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Already in consideration, thanks for the suggestion though. :)