The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56466

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Welp, I didn't finish my Halloween art in time. :bang Oh well, maybe you'll get to see it in December or something, who knows?

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Ah yes, I've been looking forward to this one for a while.  I've got something some of you might get a hint at. I'll probably get around to doing it during Thanksgiving break or something.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A reminder that we are halfway through our final prompt of the year! We've had one spectacular entry so far that I'm sure no one would regrhett taking a look at  :rhett_smile but it would be great to see some more! Were you still thinking about participating @The jewelstone queen and @RainbowFaceProtege ?

Also since the year is coming to a close, I always like to open the floor up to any suggestions for prompt ideas for 2022. If you've had any crazy ideas you've always wanted to see come to life then now is the chance!

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'll have to take a look at the first entry, I haven't been on recently.

And yes, I still plan on doing something for this prompt. I just hope I don't bite off more than I can chew!

Suggestions, huh? Hmm... draw your least favorite character? (don't know if we did that one already.)

maybe choose a color and make or draw a character.

My brain doesn't have its creative hat on, I'll let ya know if I got any other ideas!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I have a lot of other projects going on right now for the holidays, so I’m not sure I’ll get to draw any LBT this month, but I’ll let you know if that changes.

regrhett
I see what you did there… :rhett_brag

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
So... prompt ideas... Here's a few I've come up with:

- Favourite couple: Love is in the air! Draw your favourite couple enjoying each other's company! It doesn't have to be canon and can involve OCs.

- Age up/age down: Draw any character as a different age to how they appear in the series. Will the gang be all grown up? Or will their folks be younger (or even older :lol)?

- Water: Draw a watery scene! It could be fun in the pond, a rainy day, or a look at life beneath the surface.

- Fight scene: Draw a scene of two (or more) characters getting into a scuffle. Was it an argument that got physical, is it defence from an enemy, or is someone being a bully? 

- How it should have happened: Draw a scene from one of the films/TV series that you think should have played out differently.

- Redemption/Betrayal: Draw a villain who has turned to the side of good. Alternatively, draw a good guy that turns to the dark side.  :evilsmile

- Comfort: A character has fallen ill or is sad about something. What do their friends/family do to make them feel better?

- Be Careful What You Wish For: Your wish to the Stone of Cold Fire has been granted, but has some unexpected consequences. Draw a character's corrupted wish!

- A New Friend/Foe: Draw a dinosaur that hasn't yet appeared in the series that you would like to see.

- Maybe the return of the Draw an OC prompt?

- Draw Rhett.  :rhett_brag

...I know we only need 6, but maybe we can take a vote on these and other people's ideas?  :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@The jewelstone queen
Least favourite character was done a couple years back I believe, so it would probably get less of a priority over newer ideas. The colour restriction could be interesting. Don't worry if you can't come up with any ideas atm, part of the reason I open this up to everyone is that I also can't come up with ideas  :bestsharptooth

I have a lot of other projects going on right now for the holidays, so I’m not sure I’ll get to draw any LBT this month, but I’ll let you know if that changes.

regrhett
I see what you did there… :rhett_brag
No worries, good luck with the projects!
And always gotta throw in the Rhett puns whenever possible  :rhett_smile

@somerandomfangirl
Oh these sounds like pretty good ideas! Be careful what you wish for sounds particularly fun  :PteranoPlotting

I've never actually done an official voting on all the ideas, but it could maybe be something that we could try this year? If not, people can express what ideas they like in this discussion topic.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I could actually see myself participating in some of those SRFG mentioned above, they are honestly really good!
Inactive, probably forever.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I could actually see myself participating in some of those SRFG mentioned above, they are honestly really good!

Imma have to agree with you on that, Ducky. I really want to do these now!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, here's the list for the 2021 Fanart Prompts!
Jan/Feb: Favourite couple: Love is in the air! Draw your favourite couple enjoying each other's company! It doesn't have to be canon and can involve OCs.

Mar/Apr: How it should have happened: Draw a scene from one of the films/TV series that you think should have played out differently.

May/June: Age up/age down: Draw any character as a different age to how they appear in the series. Will the gang be all grown up? Or will their folks be younger (or even older :lol )?

July/Aug: Fight scene: Draw a scene of two (or more) characters getting into a scuffle. Was it an argument that got physical, is it defence from an enemy, or is someone being a bully?

Sept/Oct: Redemption/Betrayal: Draw a villain who has turned to the side of good. Alternatively, draw a good guy that turns to the dark side. :evilsmile 

Nov/Dec: Be Careful What You Wish For: Your wish to the Stone of Cold Fire has been granted, but has some unexpected consequences. Draw a character's corrupted wish!

Big thanks to somerandomfanngirl for coming up with all these cool ideas for prompts! These are all pretty darn good and can lead to some creative ideas for people to show off!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
The good thing about coming up with the prompts is that I have ideas for all of them.  :bestsharptooth

I dunno how busy I'm gonna be at the start of the year though, since I'm going to have to go to signalling school from Jan-Apr, but hopefully I'll still have time to participate.  :rhett_smile

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully will see you around for most of them at least!

Just wanted to give a final reminder that the deadline for this year's final prompt is coming to a close! Would be great to see another entry for this one. Don't want to see a Rhett sweep now do we? :rhett_grin

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Can't wait for these! I'm also finished with this years last prompt!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Happy new years everyone! And with a new year comes a new prompt! I would state what it is, but I'm currently at my parents house so I'm doing this on mobile atm haha. Please see the masterlist for the proper description of the prompt (something about couples because of valentines day  :RhettAli ) and once I get back to my pc around Jan 5 I'll get a proper announcement up.

Thank you SRFG and The Jewelstone Queen for your participation in the previous prompts! Once I get to my pc I'll get your submission added to the list Jewelstone Queen (and do a proper comment on it)

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Yay! I love love!- I mean... I love romance! I'll try to get my submission on valentine's day.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey that sounds good The Jewelstone Queen!

Here's the official prompt description now that I'm back:

Jan/Feb: Favourite couple: Love is in the air! Draw your favourite couple enjoying each other's company! It doesn't have to be canon and can involve OCs.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! Just a reminder that we are now halfway through the Favourite Couple prompt (and 13 days until Valentines Day :PLoofah) ! Make sure to show the world which ship is the greatest (or worst) in the franchise!  :RhettAli

I had a crazy idea for something I could do, but not sure if I have the time to actually pull it off.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just realized I forgot to submit my drawing for Nov-Dez 2021 lmao. I keep forgetting about the forum lol. Maybe  I'll post it one day.

Some of these look really promising by the way :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I've been busy with school, but I still plan on doing the prompt for this month! I'll aim to release it on valentine's day. Since I haven't had the time to do any of my art requests, you would guess that I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I'll try to get everything done when I can.

Really looking forward to this one!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh right Ducky, I forgot that you you were working on that as well haha. Well if you do get around to posting it then that would be cool!
Don't stress if you can't end up making it for this prompt Jewel. It's understandable that school comes before prompts.