The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is Equestrian a Sport?

Nahla · 8 · 2583

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What do you guys think about this?

I am an Equestrian and I do believe its a sport. However if you just ride a dead broke horse on a guided trail ride on a set path. Yeah not a sport then.

I compete in Eventing which is Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping spread across one to three days.

Both me and horses have to be in top condition to compete. I have to have the strength to guide a 1100 pound animal around a course and jump fences or perform a movement on cue. When done right it does look easy that's the goal to make it look effortless.

During competition season both me and horses are on a strict fitness program. I don't just climb on a horse and go jump a course no. That is not how it works.

But I guess if we can't consider Equestrian a sport we shouldn't consider motor racing one either. I mean all you do is drive a car.

Reason I'm bringing this up is as I read they were thinking of dropping Equestrian events from the Olympics since many think it's not a sport.

I wanna put all the people who think riding is easy and horses are just dumb animals on my 5 year old Arabian and see how long they stay on it.

Anyway what you think. Sport or no?

I believe it to be the most dangerous sport in the world.
I know someone who died when her horse stumbled and landed on her.

Also the fact my horses could kill me easily.
One kick to the head and that would all it'll take.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I think it's a sport. Olympic game = sport.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes it is a sport. horse racing, in whatever form it takes, is a sport. and no, it should not be dropped, just to add 3 on 3 basketball.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
It's as much a sport as 3-gun competition. Both require the competitors to be athletic, agile and strong.

I mean look at this 3-gunner's testimonial:http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/k...better-shooter/

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Helmihenna

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Horseback riding is a sport; it requires physical strength, skill, balance, and endurance. ... Some horse owners enjoy riding a calm horse around their farm, but most are involved in equine sporting events. Competitive horseback riding events are sports, and it takes more than just physical talent to succeed.