The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Beware Wantse.com! SCAM SITE!!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, time for me to talk about this.  A few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for a new desktop computer.  My current one is running on it's last legs.  I had built it with my Dad and the parts were all recommended by a certain computer expert member of this forum.  I have come to love it and nothing will ever truly replace it.  However, it is time for me to get a new one.

So, I was looking online and I found a really nice one on wantse.com.  It had some really nice specs, ran on 8 GB of RAM and it was only $70.  It said it would take up to 5 business days to arrive.  I chose to get it.  I paid for it via Paypal.

When I got the transaction info, I found something odd.  I had no tracking number and the item was listed as clothing.  Also, after some days of research, I found that many had been scammed by Wantse.  After all that, it was then that I decided to dispute the transaction.

After nearly 2 weeks, I have my money back.  Wantse never once responded to my dispute.  So I won by default.

In short, do not buy from Wantse.  It will scam you.

Anyways, I'll now look to buy from a more trusted site.  Still need a new computer.

See ya later! :wave

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Duly noted. I'm not in need of a new computer right now, but when I am I'll know to avoid this place. Thanks for the head's up.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
It sucks that you got scammed, but that's one reason to research something you encounter for the first time, considering that you know nothing about the website itself, other than the fact that it sells items. It was easy research at that. Just typing Wantse into the Google search engine immediately pops up with "Wantse scam" as the second search suggestion, and upon searching with those terms, you immediately get slammed with Trustpilot that has an average of 1.5 star customer reviews. An immediate huge red flag there. If your not convinced (for some reason), the next two results include complaints of scam from Paypal Community and Reddit.

Just remember to be careful out there and browse safely! :wave

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...