The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770's Photography

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes get into hiking as well! Then you can also share what you see! (which I see you're starting to do now  :PLoofah)
Yeah that black/blue/white landscape does look pretty cool! I should state that I also did a decent amount of editing to make it look like that though haha.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Impressive photography skills. The photos look clear and brand new.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I'm finally getting around to posting some of the photos I took during my camping trip near Banff, Alberta in mid June. I've started to enjoy taking a lot more portrait oriented photos for landscapes, especially when mountains are involved, to better get some foreground in the image. Also starting to enjoy using 50mm focal length instead of always opting for the wide angle approach.

Starting a couple pictures from our campsite. This campsite was probably the best I've been at in terms of views. Would go there again haha

Next we went to Lake Louise to do a hike. With the weather being kinda rainy in the forecast for the time we were there, the clouds were doing some interesting stuff, and fog was always around in the morning to make for some interesting views.

Couldn't finish the rest of our hike as the top part was covered in too much snow still, but the lake at this point was still neat.

Also, this view along the trail was pretty darn cool

Next day we went to Emerald Lake on the BC side of the border. This was actually taken at the end of the hike as no one was around on the return except for this lone kayaker on the lake.

This is probably one of my favourite landscape shots taken at 50mm now. It was cool how the creek lined up with the mountain in the background

The final day before heading out, we visited Peyto Lake as it is just a short 10 minute drive from our campsite. I was up on the boardwalk and saw people taking pictures down below and thought it would add to the photo.

Not as many were taken this trip as we only went camping for a couple nights instead of almost an entire week.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Beautiful as always Flathead. The portrait orientation actually works really well!

One day, I will get to Canada...

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! Yeah it interesting considering I figured that using portrait for things other then portrait was an amateur phone trend back in the day :PLoofah

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Its a lot of fun for me to see all these places I recognize. Lovely shots as always.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm aware that you've been to Peyto Lake and Lake Louise before. Anything else stand out to you in these photos? 4th image is Lake Agnes, which is a little bit of a hike up from Lake Louise. Glad you liked them though!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also been to Emerald Lake (I believe this is a pic I took back then) and here's my (very differently colored) shot of Peyto Lake  (I believe I shared both of these in my photography topic too)

Don't recall if I've been to Lake Agnes. The 2nd picture reminded me a bit of the "ink pots" we saw on one trail, but it seems to be a different location.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:54:47 AM by Mumbling »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah ok, so that was the area in BC that you visited before. I'm sure the different coloured Peyto lake in part comes from the older camera and the bright looking day overexposing things.

The 2nd picture reminded me a bit of the "ink pots" we saw on one trail, but it seems to be a different location
Yeah those are along the Johnston Canyon trail. They're pretty cool and I can see where the similarities are. Alas, this is a different spot, and a proper camping area

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah ok, so that was the area in BC that you visited before. I'm sure the different coloured Peyto lake in part comes from the older camera and the bright looking day overexposing things.

No, actually. It was exactly that color blue, I remember being amazed by it because it was so vivid. I'm actually surprised how dark yours look, haha. Perhaps the consistency of the lake has changed over time and the color has changed.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah maybe, though I wonder if it wasn't so teal because there wasn't as much glacier runoff yet? Like if it happens later in the summer when things warm up more in the mountains? Could've been something that has happened over time though.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
dfkdjkfjd I wish I could be where you were! And that second to last pic had an awsome steep slope. The grass looked so flat and soft there too!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This is simply breath-taking!  My sister, who lives in Canada, mentioned that she wanted to visit Banff, but I had no idea what it looked like until now.  I especially love the shot with the cloud splashing against the mountain ... or the wind sweeping clouds of snow off of it.  Which is it?  I'm not sure.  I also love the one where it appears you are looking down on low clouds or mist from a mountain path.  My island, Barbados, has some pretty beautiful views, but this is a whole different brand of beautiful!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks Mr. E! Yeah not sure if it's clouds or snow, but it looks cool nonetheless. Yeah the low fog on that hike early in the morning was very cool to see. Glad you liked them!

[EDIT] Forgot to respond to your comment Jewel, whoops! Yeah the Rocky Mountains are pretty cool. I highly recommend checking them out if you have the chance. Glacier National Park in Montana is also pretty beautiful if you ever have the chance to check it out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:49:16 AM by Flathead770 »